Sometime ago I posted a question about replacing the ventline range vent. Our had shattered from age..I guess.
After some surfing, we found what we THOUGHT was exactly the same vent. Same appearance, same cheesy little tabs that are supposed to keep the flap from flapping while moving.
Everything went well as to drilling out the rivets, although we found that one hole was a bit larger than the rest, and this had been done at the factory..so we had to use a larger rivet.
The problem arose when we tried to insert the new vent.
The section that is inserted into the side of the camper, that part that sticks inside the shell...was too long. I would say it was about an inch and a half to two inches too long. It didn't fit!
I am including a picture I snipped from a post by Campnagle back in 2014, because this is pretty much what the exposed vent hole looked like on ours.
The new vent's sleeve (for lack of a better term) would not fit into the hole, as the metal surrounding the inlet kept it from being inserted. We had to use the old one, which was easily removed from the old vent. It is only about an inch in length.
This is frustrating, while we got it to work, still..you'd think that someone would have 'splained to us that there are different sizes of the exact same vent.
Edited by Meadowlark, 05 April 2021 - 05:39 PM.