3 replies to this topic

#1 Puffe

Puffe
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 08:15 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Liberty 17

Posted 07 July 2020 - 02:48 PM

I just installed a Battleborn 100AH lithium battery in my 2016 Casita.  It would not fit into the welded frame holding the old Interstate battery.  I had to sand off parts of the sides to squeeze it into the frame.  Has anybody else had this experience, and was there a better way to do this?

#2 Linda & Bob, K4TAX

Linda & Bob, K4TAX
  • Casita Club Member
  • 185 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:WE Sold it!
  • Trailer Name:Room 4 Two
  • Casita Club Directory #:2033

Posted 08 July 2020 - 07:49 AM

I just installed a Battleborn 100AH lithium battery in my 2016 Casita.  It would not fit into the welded frame holding the old Interstate battery.  I had to sand off parts of the sides to squeeze it into the frame.  Has anybody else had this experience, and was there a better way to do this?

Are you saying you sanded off parts of the sides of the BATTERY to make it fit?    I don't think I would have done that.  Does that not change the structural integrity of the battery case?   I'd think so.   If it was the hold down ribs on the battery, well maybe, but........?  Modifying the frame would seem to be the correct thing to do.  

Bob

#3 CalCop

CalCop
  • Casita Club Member
  • 125 posts
  • Local time: 06:15 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:FD 17'
  • Trailer Name:Bacon 'N' Egg

Posted 11 July 2020 - 06:48 PM

A few months ago I transitioned to the Battleborn battery. I too was concerned if it would fit into the factory built tray. Happily, it was snug, but fit!

Because my converter was built in 2010 (Parallax 7345) this needed to be updated to properly charge the newer battery style.

That battery has turned out to be a work horse!

#4 Puffe

Puffe
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Liberty 17

Posted 30 August 2020 - 09:34 AM

I do mean sand down the side, the support ribs.  But Battleborn assured me via email that I have not voided the warranty on my battery.

Unfortunately, my Parallax converter failed (second one in two years), so I had to charge via my solar panel, and then replace the converter.  This time I installed a Progressive Dynamics one with a jumper for use with lithium batteries.

• Linda & Bob, K4TAX likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: battery, lithium, battleborn