• Interests:Collecting Unique Camaros
    Rebuilding Rare Chevy Pickups
    Rock and Roll Music
    Old Country and Western Music
    Camping
    Cooking Outdoors
    Cajun Food and Cajun Music
  • Trailer Name:“Day Tripper”
  • Casita Club Directory #:Do I have one?

Posted 18 May 2020 - 11:49 AM

My steps and everything else arrived roughly thirty minutes ago! 😊
Got my lighted pump switch, (2) spare anode rods, my toilet water supply cut-off valve, and my double step unit! Woo Hoo!
Tomorrow will be a work day installing goodies in/on the Casita, unless someone says it is time to go camping.
I wish the instructions had lighter shaded pictures to look at. I will probably figure it out by trial and no errors (hopefully).
Later. Gotta memorize these instructions to the part kits that I received.

#2 West Texan

West Texan
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 459 posts
  • Local time: 12:47 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2020 17’ Freedom Deluxe
  • Interests:Collecting Unique Camaros
    Rebuilding Rare Chevy Pickups
    Rock and Roll Music
    Old Country and Western Music
    Camping
    Cooking Outdoors
    Cajun Food and Cajun Music
  • Trailer Name:“Day Tripper”
  • Casita Club Directory #:Do I have one?

Posted 19 May 2020 - 11:20 AM

All done! The single step is removed and the double step kit is installed! I ran into two problems installing them; it may have been just my fault, but I will tell what they were .... first, those two little screws sticking down must be cut short or the steps will not go up far enough .... second, the mounting holes have to all be lined up and square. I was trying to drill them perpendicular to the frame mount, but I missed on two of the holes! Easy fix: wallow out the mounting hole (It wound up the hole between the step and the frame support and not the frame support or the square hole on the inside of the step.) I was ready to get it done, because of this triple digit heat.
I have used the steps a few times going in and out of the trailer. I think that I am going to like them. I would recommend them to anyone (I bet someone makes them for the smaller lifted trailers!)
I took a few pictures along the way and what tools I used. I will post one of the completed job and then later, the others.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2DD9FEE8-0A09-4C01-BC84-492EC817C39F.jpeg

Edited by West Texan, 19 May 2020 - 11:22 AM.