#1 WeGoFar

WeGoFar
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 10:33 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Independence

Posted 01 July 2019 - 08:20 AM

Hello All,

Has anyone used the product "Sewer Solution". As I understand it, Sewer Solution (with an attached water hose) will back flush the black tank while dumping. It looks like a better way to clean the balck tank then the wand down the toilet approach I have used in the past.

Any thoughts or hands-on experience is appreciated.

TIA

WeGoFar

#2 Jerrybob

Jerrybob
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,394 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Maintain 6 acres, travel in my Casita, enjoying life

Posted 01 July 2019 - 09:28 AM

I have never used this product.  A friend uses one to pump his sewer water about 60 ft. to his septic tank at his home.....I do not believe it back flushes his black water tank.....it pulverizes the waste and tissue and pushes it out a hose under high pressure.  After he dumps....he turn a switch which cleans the connector and hose but it does not back flush his tank.  He said it works great because of the long distance to his septic tank.  He bought his unit on Amazon for around $70.         

• WeGoFar likes this

#3 WeGoFar

WeGoFar
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Independence

Posted 01 July 2019 - 03:35 PM

I have never used this product.  A friend uses one to pump his sewer water about 60 ft. to his septic tank at his home.....I do not believe it back flushes his black water tank.....it pulverizes the waste and tissue and pushes it out a hose under high pressure.  After he dumps....he turn a switch which cleans the connector and hose but it does not back flush his tank.  He said it works great because of the long distance to his septic tank.  He bought his unit on Amazon for around $70.         

Thanks Jerrybob.

#4 cottons

cottons
  • Casita Club Member
  • 86 posts
  • Local time: 12:33 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2015 Independence
  • Trailer Name:Trailer

Posted 01 July 2019 - 05:18 PM

Sewage under high pressure.  What could possibly go wrong?

• Jerrybob and Rojo like this

#5 Zimm

Zimm
  • Casita Club Member
  • 140 posts
  • Local time: 12:33 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:17 Spirit Deluxe Bunks

Posted 05 July 2019 - 01:44 PM

Not needed for our set ups.  Our black tank is a cube with a huge 3" hole in the bottom going right to the dump valve.  That "solution" is probably better for more convoluted black tank systems.

Come visit us:  

http://thehandycamper.com

#6 Jerrybob

Jerrybob
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,394 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Maintain 6 acres, travel in my Casita, enjoying life

Posted 06 July 2019 - 09:07 AM

I agree Zimm....not needed plus these units do not back flush the tank which was one of the original questions.  They are for pushing sewage a long way through the sewer hose if need be.  As a side note....a few weeks ago....we were camping at an Oregon state park and were in line to dump on our last day.....the guy in front at the dump station had a big trailer....30 plus ft.   It appeared he had done everything correct while hooking up his sewer hose.....apparently not. When he pulled his black water lever....his hose connection broke loose and....unfortunately....spilled all over his shoes /.socks and the asphalt.  He was not happy...especially when his wife asked him why he didn't secure the hose connection.  I will say this gentleman was very good about cleaning up his mess but I bet he had a long drive home.  Check those connections folks.....happy dumping.      

• Meadowlark likes this

#7 Jim&Clare

Jim&Clare
  • Casita Club Member
  • 179 posts
  • Local time: 06:33 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:SOLD 2002 Bigfoot 17
  • Interests:Retired from Orbital Machine Works

Posted 06 July 2019 - 09:21 AM

I agree Zimm....not needed plus these units do not back flush the tank which was one of the original questions.  They are for pushing sewage a long way through the sewer hose if need be.  As a side note....a few weeks ago....we were camping at an Oregon state park and were in line to dump on our last day.....the guy in front at the dump station had a big trailer....30 plus ft.   It appeared he had done everything correct while hooking up his sewer hose.....apparently not. When he pulled his black water lever....his hose connection broke loose and....unfortunately....spilled all over his shoes /.socks and the asphalt.  He was not happy...especially when his wife asked him why he didn't secure the hose connection.  I will say this gentleman was very good about cleaning up his mess but I bet he had a long drive home.  Check those connections folks.....happy dumping.      

If you send a short blast of Grey thru first you can avoid this.........

• Meadowlark and Jerrybob like this

Retired from Orbital Machine Works

Saw the country in a 2002 Bigfoot 17 - now sold.

Where is Jim now? Hiding in the UK until Covid passes.