• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 10:12 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:1999 SD 17'
  • Interests:Cycling, exploring, hiking, photography, woodworking, DIYing.
  • Trailer Name:Casa de Retaco

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:13 AM

We recently purchased a used '99 Independence from the original owners.  They had taken good care of it so only a few minor adjustments were needed.  We've added a few of our own mods as well as the  valvectomy to the shower drain and a solar panel hook-up for boon-docking. Our first road trip begins this month in route to the Anza Borrego DSP, in Southern California where we have spent the last few winters.  Having owned trailers in the past we are approaching the trip with anticipation of re-learning the ins and outs of RVing.   :dncinban:       

#2 Hot Toddy

Hot Toddy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 802 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Spirit Deluxe - 17'
  • Interests:Camping, hiking, cooking, gardening, yoga and meditation.
  • Trailer Name:Kerouac

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:05 AM

Super excited for you G-man! Congratulations on the new toy. It sounds like the sellers found a great buyer for their Casita. I see you are into photography. You will need to take a few snaps along your travels and post them as everyone is always interested in pictures. I replaced my bathroom door with a folding door this weekend and am about 95% finished with it. I put the magnetic closer somewhere safe until I could install it and now I can't remember where that safe place is. Ha!

Enjoy your travels! If you happen to be traveling through Texas this Spring, be sure to time it so you can enjoy our wild flower blooms that will start blanketing our state in late February/early March.

Toddy

#3 Jerrybob

Jerrybob
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,412 posts
  • Local time: 08:12 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Maintain 6 acres, travel in my Casita, enjoying life

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:50 PM

Welcome to the Casita world........we all love our little trailers......they are the best out there.   Enjoy your travels .......the Anza Borrego area is beautiful in Winter.    Lots of great info. out here on the forum.........no matter what you come across.....somebody has already tackled the problem.   Safe travels!!!!

#4 G-man

G-man
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:1999 SD 17'
  • Interests:Cycling, exploring, hiking, photography, woodworking, DIYing.
  • Trailer Name:Casa de Retaco

Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:48 AM

Thanks for the welcoming messages.  We have already used this site for advice and techniques so it will be a regular favorite as we re-learn the tricks of the trade so to speak.  I'll post some pics of some of the mods I've done as well as our travels.  Incidentally, those wild flowers are one of the attractions where we go in SC also. We do plan a side trip to Big Bend in route but it will be toward the end of this month. 

#5 hankster

hankster
  • Casita Club Member
  • 20 posts
  • Local time: 09:12 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:17' Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:golf Boondocking rootin' around

Posted 21 December 2017 - 11:55 AM

Make sure you have downloaded all the cool travel apps, like Trip Advisor, Allstay, and Waze.