7 replies to this topic

#1 Terry&Donna

Terry&Donna
  • Casita Club Member
  • 5 posts
  • Local time: 12:33 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Independence 17

Posted 09 December 2017 - 02:25 PM

We just ordered a 17 foot Independence. We are first time travel trailer owners.....have been tent camping. We'll pick it up in March and head back home to Florida. We look forward to helpful hints and ideas as this is new for us. Thank you!

• Jimmy b likes this

#2 NASA42 B

NASA42 B
  • Casita Club Member
  • 544 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:17' now sold :(
  • Interests:Family, Reading, RVing, History, some community service, and my rescue cat named "Alley" at home...
  • Trailer Name:NASA42 - B

Posted 09 December 2017 - 04:22 PM

Terry, Donna...

Welcome to the Casita family!  I'm certain you'll enjoy getting to know the many features of your new magic carpet.  One of the simplest and most significant first experiences to former tent campers may be at lunch when you're on the road......and can simply pull into a parking area at a rest stop, go back to the Casita, open the fridge for sandwich fixings and a cold beverage, and enjoy them at your own dinette.  Ah!

I will leave recommendations of options and first steps to others who have started the Casita experience with a new model. 

Enjoy!!!!

Frank :rolleyes:

Edited by nasa42a, 10 December 2017 - 09:17 AM.

#3 FeldmanKC

FeldmanKC
  • Casita Club Member
  • 14 posts
  • Local time: 11:33 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe/16ft
  • Trailer Name:SPICE WAGON

Posted 09 December 2017 - 07:03 PM

Welcome Terry & Donna....

We, Steve & Judy, are heading to Rice on Dec 17th to pick-up our 16' Spirit and we will head back to Venice Florida. Got a little nervous yesterday when Houston TX got snow, we don't like the cold, snow, and sleet anymore. I suspect you will have the same excitement we are experiencing at present as you head toward March. Trust us, the time fly's past and POOF you are heading to Rice TX to get your rig....Good Luck and maybe we will cross paths down the road somewhere, maybe Florida. 

• windowman likes this

#4 Terry&Donna

Terry&Donna
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 10:52 AM

Thanks, Frank, I can visualize lunch!! Steve and Judy-hoping you'll have good weather next week for your Texas trip.( I am not looking forward to the drive back in March, just the distance and pulling a TT !But, we didn't to get the information about the camper from the factory!) We live in Okeechobee. There are so many nice places to camp and visit in Florida that we look forward to being able to camp in the heat and/or cold and be more comfortable than in our tent!

• windowman likes this

#5 windowman

windowman
  • Casita Club Member
  • 10 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirt deluxe 17

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:19 AM

We pick our 17' SD up Feb.1st.  We are also very excited.  Just a suggestion, I picked up a copy of A-Z Casita Owners guide from Amazon.  Great resource for new owners.

#6 clairemr1

clairemr1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,453 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Patriot Deluxe - 13'
  • Interests:Kayaking, birdwatching, hiking
  • Trailer Name:Sassie Cassie

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:46 AM

just an fyi to all newbies, try to camp close to the factory for a few days/nights before heading home and read/reread all written materials that will come with your casitas. gives you a chance to make sure everything is working as expected. easy return to the factory for fixes if required (very rare, but they do happen). send in all warranty/registration cards. welcome to all and enjoy your trailers!

Edited by clairemr1, 12 December 2017 - 06:47 AM.

• Mombot.01 likes this

claire and merlin, excellent schnoodle

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host

#7 Terry&Donna

Terry&Donna
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 03:30 PM

Thanks, for the replies, Window and Claire. We have to get back, so won't be able to camp!! Hoping we don't get a lemon!!!

#8 Rob and Linda

Rob and Linda
  • Casita Club Member
  • 629 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Airstream 23D
  • Interests:Photography, woodworking, fly fishing, hiking/backpacking, audio, Porsches.
  • Trailer Name:Fortune Cookie

Posted 13 December 2017 - 03:55 PM

Thanks, for the replies, Window and Claire. We have to get back, so won't be able to camp!! Hoping we don't get a lemon!!!

Don't worry... you won't  :D

• Terry&Donna likes this

Rob & Linda, Hurst, Texas
Our ex-Casita Photos
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rfpd300/albums/72157626742329244

Airstream Photos - https://www.flickr.com/photos/rfpd300/albums/72157663633667345
2014 Airstream 23D International Serenity
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 3.5 EcoBoost Max Tow

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new members