• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 stratos175

stratos175
  • Casita Club Member
  • 212 posts
  • Local time: 12:31 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:17' Spirit
  • Interests:hiking, kayaking, disc golf and spending time in in our Casita.
  • Trailer Name:Matilda

Posted 29 October 2017 - 04:57 AM

Hello Casita world,

Its been a while since I've been on the site but after looking over articles would still say this site is 1/2 the reason we bought our Matilda, great people and great info are all over the site  :dncinban:

We don't get to use our Matilda as much as we like but recently we were pulling her east on I-20 in Georgia on our way for a camping weekend with one of our grandchildren and I said isn't that a Casita up in front of us? As we got closer we realized yes that's what it was and it was brand spanking new we assumed because it still had factory tag.

My question is this our Matilda is a 2004 and assuming this was a 2017 what is different about them from the exterior point of view? Yes I know there have been some changes to the interior slightly but anything different on the exterior? Hard to tell when you are going 65 miles an hour :D. We did not get to stay next to them long because we were about to exit, but I hope they know about this great group and enjoy all there future adventures.

Safe travels,

Steve

#2 Jerrybob

Jerrybob
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,412 posts
  • Local time: 09:31 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Maintain 6 acres, travel in my Casita, enjoying life

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:26 AM

The new one's are white!   LOL!     Kidding aide........not a lot of changes.......you can't beat perfect so why change?

• Meadowlark likes this

#3 Mark Watson

Mark Watson
  • Casita Club Member
  • 594 posts
  • Local time: 10:31 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2008 FD 17

Posted 29 October 2017 - 11:56 AM

Different designed propane tank cover, rear trailer lights are designed differently and mounted a littler higher. Safety chains are heavier duty. Trailer sits higher due to high lift axle, and now they come with 15 inch tires. 

Edited by Mark Watson, 30 October 2017 - 10:59 PM.

Mark Watson

Houston,Tx
2008 17' FD