#1 joro

joro
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 11:11 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe/17

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:08 PM

Hello from Texas,

Our names are Gala and Steve and we are new owners to a 2017 Spirit Deluxe 17'.  We have already taken "Pearl" out on her first camping trip.  It was a fun and relaxing weekend.  We look forward to many more trips along with our rat terrier, Dottie.  We would love suggestions on parks to visit in the US.

#2 clairemr1

clairemr1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,453 posts
  • Local time: 12:11 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Patriot Deluxe - 13'
  • Interests:Kayaking, birdwatching, hiking
  • Trailer Name:Sassie Cassie

Posted 09 October 2017 - 06:29 AM

welcome, gala and steve. congrats on your purchase and hope you enjoy many fun travels in your gorgeous casita! feel free to ask any/all questions. we'll be happy to help you in any way we can.

if you get a chance to attend any rallies, i'd highly encourage it. it's a great way to learn from other owners, see and photograph any mods they've done that you might want to do to your trailer (or not, perfectly ok to not do a thing to it straight from the factory) before venturing out on your own. you'll learn a lot.

safe travels................

claire and merlin, excellent schnoodle

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host

#3 Barb Dwyer

Barb Dwyer
  • Casita Club Member
  • 13 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe 17'
  • Interests:Camping, Hiking, Paddle boarding, Surfing, Slacklining. . .

Posted 16 October 2017 - 09:16 PM

Utah has some great parks to visit. Just outside of Moab you can visit Arches National Park, Canyonlands National Park (Islands in the Sky district), and Dead Horse State Park all within 30 miles of each other. They get very busy during the summer months though, especially Arches National Park.

#4 clover

clover
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,626 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17' SD

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:11 AM

Gala & Steve

Welcome to the club

There are so many great National Parks and Forests to visit. My first suggestion would be start in Texas and got the Big Bend NP, best seen in late fall through early spring, because of the heat If you are up to a challenging hike got to Guadalupe NP (also in Texas) and hike to the top. Carlsbad Caverns is only 35 miles from Guadalupe NP. 

In that end of Texas it is worth visiting the Davis Mountains State Park, McDonald Observatory and Balmorhea SP.

The place suggested in Utah are wonderful along with Zion, Bryce, Grand Escalante, Cedar Breaks, etc Don't miss going to the Grand Canyon (both the south and north rims) we prefer the north rim. We made a loop one summer through the Grand Canyon, then down to Sedona, back up to the North Rim and all of the National Parks in southern Utah. 

Another summer we made a loop from Texas going to Grand Tetons NP, Yellowstone NP, Devils Tower NP, Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Custer State Park,  Black Hill, Badlands NP and Sturgis, SD then on home.

Enjoy your adventures

Happy Trails!
Clover
2003 17' SD
2002 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
(I know it is overkill but we live on a real ranch it takes a vacation with the Casita)

#5 Mark Watson

Mark Watson
  • Casita Club Member
  • 594 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2008 FD 17

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:00 PM

In short, pick a National Park and just go there.

• clairemr1 likes this

Mark Watson

Houston,Tx
2008 17' FD

#6 The Cozy Egg

The Cozy Egg
  • Casita Club Member
  • 87 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Liberty 17 Deluxe
  • Interests:Play chess, relax fishing, kayaking.
  • Trailer Name:Cozy Pawn

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:34 PM

Look up the Pineknot Rally in Grapeland, TX @ salmon lake its next week. Short notice but there is lots of site available. MFRVG.com click on Pineknot. Other are listed also. All are great rallies and great people to meet. We love new comers stay the whole rally or just a couple of days your choice.  Rally are like Lays potato chips hard just to stay just one night. To much fun.

#7 Jerrybob

Jerrybob
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,412 posts
  • Local time: 10:11 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Maintain 6 acres, travel in my Casita, enjoying life

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:19 AM

Welcome and congrats on the Casita. If time permits......come on up to the Pacific Northwest one day......some reall pretty country and sights.  Safe travels.

#8 Lee2017

Lee2017
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 01:11 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Liberty deluxe 17
  • Interests:Caving, Astronomy, Camping, Kayaking, Computers, tech

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:49 AM

Hellow

Lee from Blythewood SC (Near Columbia)

My wife and I are looking to purchase a used Casita Spirit with loaded options  in good condition.Willing to travel one or 2 states for the right Casita.

About 40 years ago I bought a very used 1968 Winnebago Motorhome and sold it a decade later for a fraction of the cost having repaired almost everything on it.  Looking for someting in a lot better condition, but am able to do most repair myself, so a specific issue or 2 is not a problem if otherwise pristine.   

#9 Lee2017

Lee2017
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 01:11 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Liberty deluxe 17
  • Interests:Caving, Astronomy, Camping, Kayaking, Computers, tech

Posted 05 November 2017 - 05:55 PM

Hello again

My wife and I just purchased the 2016 Liberty Spirit Deluxe from Nomad (advertized on the Casita forum) on Oct 31, 2017.  The trailer is in very nice condition and the mods it has are nicely done.  We are happy.

• clairemr1 likes this