FeldmanKC
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 14 posts
  • Local time: 11:35 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe/16ft
  • Trailer Name:SPICE WAGON

Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:21 AM

We don't have our 16' Casita yet but... will soon. I have seen a number of comments about Boondocking but no one goes beyond the topic. There is no mention about generators, propane, cooking, fresh water, gray water, black water. How is everyone dealing with these areas. A good example "Generator", do you use one? What is recommended? Do you store the generator in your tow vehicle, in the trailer, or outside the Casita in front or back when traveling? Cooking, do you recommend a propane grill? Do you use your stove top or microwave convection oven? Yes, having full hookups is nice but... when hookups are not available or you simply want a change... How are you dealing with Boondocking??? Would love to hear your ideas...

I was at Casita two weeks ago and got the plant tour. Their was only one 16 footer in production, was that yours.  

trainman

Suspect it was not ours....We take delivery on Dec 19th. Carla has indicated no changes after the middle of Oct so....assume start date around that time. As you might suspect WE ARE READY. You mentioned your plant tour, that sounds like a good idea. Will try to schedule that while we are at the plant.

#17 Hot Toddy

Hot Toddy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 802 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Spirit Deluxe - 17'
  • Interests:Camping, hiking, cooking, gardening, yoga and meditation.
  • Trailer Name:Kerouac

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:10 AM

The instructions that came with my "Hard Start" Capacitor from LHC say, "If you talk with AC people it is a soft start kit while the generator people call it a hard start kit. Either way it is a capacitor with a relay, and for extra safety, a cut-off timer." So perhaps that is where the confusion is between a starting capacitor and the Easy Start. It appears that we are talking about two different things.

Happy camping!

Toddy

• clairemr1 likes this

#18 clairemr1

clairemr1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,453 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Patriot Deluxe - 13'
  • Interests:Kayaking, birdwatching, hiking
  • Trailer Name:Sassie Cassie

Posted 07 October 2017 - 12:21 PM

The instructions that came with my "Hard Start" Capacitor from LHC say, "If you talk with AC people it is a soft start kit while the generator people call it a hard start kit. Either way it is a capacitor with a relay, and for extra safety, a cut-off timer." So perhaps that is where the confusion is between a starting capacitor and the Easy Start. It appears that we are talking about two different things.

Happy camping!

Toddy

thanks, todd, i knew i had read somewhere that the terms were interchangeable by some folks. The purpose of it is to slow the ac motor down at initial start up, easing the initial load on a generator. All casitas (17ft models) built after 2008 come with it already. safe travels....................

Edited by clairemr1, 07 October 2017 - 12:22 PM.

claire and merlin, excellent schnoodle

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host