Linda & Bob, K4TAX
  • Casita Club Member
  • 185 posts
  • Local time: 01:40 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:WE Sold it!
  • Trailer Name:Room 4 Two
  • Casita Club Directory #:2033

Posted 17 July 2020 - 03:36 PM

Here is a YouTube video on installing a Hepvo valve on a Casita shower - https://www.youtube....h?v=8tAe5s2KpqA. I have not watched it so I can't speak to how thorough it is, but if you don't get your questions answered, you can search for "hepvo valve installation" to return lots of hits. I did my installation several years ago in the parking lot of a public storage facility and there is not much to it. Watch a few instruction videos, read the instructions, take your time, and you will be golden! Best of luck.

Toddy

I ordered the kit and replaced our p-trap and valve.  The instructions in the kit and parts are all that is needed except some PVC cleaner and PVC cement.  You will also need a way to cut the old parts out.   I used a nail saw to cut the PVC.   A Saws-all would be a bit easier and faster. 

I  suggest getting the front of the trailer up as high as convenient to allow one to work under the trailer.    Easy to remove the original valve and p-trap and install the new fittings and Hepvo valve.    Ours is a 1999  17' SD.   Really a very nice change.  Specially if you've ever found yourself wet, naked and in ankle deep water in the shower.   Cause one forgot to open the outside valve.  

Bob

• NASA42 B likes this