2 replies to this topic

#1 nancyharper

nancyharper
  • Casita Club Member
  • 48 posts
  • Local time: 01:46 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:17"

Posted 16 November 2015 - 09:36 AM

Has anyone had experience with the honda 200?.  I just bought one and wonder if I have made a mistake.  It looks like it will not be powerful enough to run the coleman mach 8  ac/warm air blower on the new 2015.  I think it will at least run the AC.  I thought I could then get a cheap porcelain heater at wal-mart, but it looks like even that takes up too many amps.  What experience do you have or what advice could you give.  We really didn't want a bigger heavier generator but this one may not be what we need.  Nancy

#2 Wally Z

Wally Z
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,303 posts
  • Local time: 04:46 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:17ft. Spirit Exlax
  • Interests:Pole Dancers
  • Trailer Name:Casablanca
  • Casita Club Directory #:69

Posted 16 November 2015 - 10:39 AM

Hopefully you're talking about a Honda 2000.   A 200 won't run your television. :lol:  From what I've read you'll be fine.  Thousands of Casita owners use them.  The Honda 2000 that is! :D  I believe the electric heat strip draws about 13.7 amps.  Might be close.  Best thing to do is try it since you already have the generator.  If it doesn't you won't have trouble selling it.  They are very popular.

Edited by Wally Z, 16 November 2015 - 10:45 AM.

2014 17' Casita SD

#3 nancyharper

nancyharper
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 48 posts
  • Local time: 01:46 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:17"

Posted 16 November 2015 - 12:45 PM

Yes, I did mean the 2000 of course.  I am not good at understanding BTUs and amps, but it seems that the 2000 somehow ends up being just 1600 with the Honda and when the Coleman mach 8 starts up it needs more than the 13.5.  Does that make any sense? or sound correct?

Nancy

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Generator, Honda 2000 Heater