2 replies to this topic

#1 Govols

Govols
  • Casita Club Member
  • 5 posts
  • Local time: 10:07 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:1999 16' Freedom Deluxe

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:36 PM

We recently bought a 1999 Casita and the floor is soft from the fridge all the way back to the bed area. I looked very hard for water damage when I bought it and didn't find any. The guy I bought it from said it was fiberglass under the carpet. I called the factory and they said it was carpet on top of fiberglass then wood support and plywood under that and fiberglass on bottom. I can see why fiberglass might give a little but I am not sure. It is very soft but I have jumped up and down and it seems ok. Does anyone know what it is like under the carpet on a 1999 model? I hope this is not something I am going to have to do work to but it is driving me crazy not knowing what is under there. The rest of the casita is in great condition!

#2 Spidermonkey

Spidermonkey
  • Casita Club Member
  • 69 posts
  • Local time: 09:07 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:0000
  • Interests:Traveling,woodworking,volunteering as a priest in my church. Following the Casita sites for ideas for future plans.

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:42 PM

This topic has been addressed in the forums in the past I think if you search the forums you may find several threads. this topic( found with search soft floor) has 44 posts, there are several others also, best of luck!
How Many Have Experienced Floor Problems
2005 17.5G Bigfoot
TV 2003 Cheverolet Silverado crewcab 1500HD 4x4

#3 Carol Christensen

Carol Christensen
  • Rally Organizer
  • 3,378 posts
  • Local time: 07:07 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2005 17' LD - "Nova"
  • Interests:Travel, camping, pets, mother nature, wildlife behavior, being outdoors to enjoy it all.
  • Casita Club Directory #:1009

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:13 AM

Our first Casita was a 1999. We had it for 5+ years and the floor was solid as a rock. I've never heard anything to suggest that the floor in 1999 would be any different than any other year. I'm not an expert on this but your description of the floor as "soft" makes me think it's water damage.
Carol Christensen
2005 17' LD Nova & 2001 Toyota 4Runner

pre-Nova was Ova-the-Rainbow 1999 17' LD (sold)

Don't believe everything you think.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: floor