69 replies to this topic

#61 jrtx

jrtx
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 10:14 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

• I have a 2012 Spirit Deluxe. I am interested in purchasing a generator. Has anyone with a fairly new Casita had any problems with a Honda eu2000i operating the a/c? I'm sure older model a/c units were not as efficient but can it handle the newer models? Thanks for your help.

#62 shen2000

shen2000
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 63 posts
  • Local time: 11:14 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Luxury Traveler '91/13 '

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

Hope you get some feedback from someone with newer A/C. Our Casita is 1991 and not the comparison you are looking for. The Honda 2000 is great but the compressor on our (older) A/C would just bring it down. Last week, we took it to our local RV dealer/services place and they put in a startup adaptor and a new compressor. Hoping it solves the problem. We'll have to wait for some hot weather to be sure. Good Luck! Ron

#63 deryk

deryk
  • Casita Club Member
  • 27 posts
  • Local time: 12:14 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2012 ParkLiner
  • Interests:Camping, sailing, hikeing, reading, movies, music, animals, and enjoying the beauty of nature!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

i spoke with someone who was trained to service the smaller generators and he agrrees most people seem to buy the smallest one and often times kill it by working it too hard....im planning on getting the yamaha 2400i for that extra 400 watts. mostly my ac will be a 25% load cept when the compressor kicks in. rather be a little bigger then barely enough.

#64 shen2000

shen2000
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:36 AM

Wise choice!! Too late for us, as we already have the new Honda 2000i We hope the new compressor and hard start adaptor will get us by. Best wishes to ya!!

#65 deryk

deryk
  • Casita Club Member
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Camping, sailing, hikeing, reading, movies, music, animals, and enjoying the beauty of nature!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

Hey Shen have ya tried your ac unit with hard start adapter? Not sure if you knew but if ya pop the front of the ac cover off, the thermometer probe is right there...hold it in your hand for a minute or 2 to warmit up and keep holding it then try turning the ac unit on and see if it works.

I got my tax return so I blew it on the generator. I ordered the Yamaha EF2400ISHC. Ordered it from Wise, beet them down to $1280 and had them throw in a Yamaha hour meter to keep track of maint. I feel better about the price, was listing for $1331 and the meter is usually $45. Bought 2 quarts of oil to handle this summer. I can't wait to play with it lol

deryk

#66 shen2000

shen2000
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:07 AM

Congratulations deryk!! Sounds like you got a very good deal. Here's hoping it works as great for you. Been too cold to mess around with testing the generator and a/c since we got the mod and new compressor installed. We'll be making a trip down to Savannah for St Pat's Day. Will follow your advice and give it a check then. Happy Camping !! Ron & Diane

#67 deryk

deryk
  • Casita Club Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:31 AM

Well I got my Yamaha today! Started on the first pull, stalled twice after running for a few minutes then ran fine for the next 4 hours. I added fuel stabilizer to the gas can and had to buy a better oil funnel, the 3 we had the necks werent long enough to get in there. I was working on a project so used it instead of an extention cord and ran a circular saw for a while. It seems pretty quiet...can't wait to put it to the test!

deryk

#68 shen2000

shen2000
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:07 AM

Deryk, That's great! We'll look forwad for your first warm camping day! :) Same here. Good Luck, Ron

#69 deryk

deryk
  • Casita Club Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:09 AM

Thanks Ron. And I will admit without it being a blow to my masculinity lol... its 80 some pounds full with gas and oil and is a wee bit heavy. Not an issue lifting it out of my ParkLiner or truck... but I do have a folding handtruck for it if I need to wheel it any distance. Now just need to make something that I can set up over it, if it were to rain yet at the same time not get in the way of it being able to keep itself cool.

deryk

#70 shen2000

shen2000
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:10 AM

Well, same here. :) I'm using a foldup luggage carrier and a folding umbrella with bunji cords. :)