• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nightowl

Nightowl
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 06:46 AM

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:53 AM

We're excited about geting our 2007 Liberty DeL 17'a few days ago. We look fwd to traveling/camping more in the Southwest now that we've hit our 70's and don't want to work as much. We're thinking of a shake-down weekend camp at perhaps Conchas Dam, Mills Canyon or Palo Duro Canyon. We're hoping to get a lot of good advice and friendship from this website and we're willing to put ourselves into it too, although we're not too experienced yet. See you out there!

#2 K&C

K&C
  • Casita Club Member
  • 159 posts
  • Local time: 08:46 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2009 FD 17"
  • Interests:Traveling, Wildlife Photography, Hiking, Gardening,Pets,Hunting,Mother Nature, Kayaking

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:47 PM

Welcome Nightowl,
You will get a lot of great information here. I can comment on Palo Duro Canyon...We LOVED it! We went in Mrach 2011 and it was nice and cool over night and warm during the day. The views are breath taking and there are plenty of hiking/biking trails. We plan on returning later this year. Enjoy your journeys.
Carmen
Kenny & Carmen
2013 24' Keystone Passport 2010 GMC Sierra 4x4
Real County, Texas Hill Country (couldn't leave this helpful site)

#3 Nightowl

Nightowl
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 06:46 AM

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:41 PM

Welcome Nightowl,
You will get a lot of great information here. I can comment on Palo Duro Canyon...We LOVED it! We went in Mrach 2011 and it was nice and cool over night and warm during the day. The views are breath taking and there are plenty of hiking/biking trails. We plan on returning later this year. Enjoy your journeys.
Carmen

Thanks for the info!
Jan (Nightowl)

#4 anvilmanco

anvilmanco
  • Casita Club Member
  • 118 posts
  • Local time: 07:46 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:None at the moment
  • Interests:Blacksmithing, Travel (with the Casita and wife), life, woodworking, and lots of other things.
  • Casita Club Directory #:1340

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:52 AM

Why not come up to Colorado for our 2nd annual Fall Rally next month. I'm sure you can still get in to Goldrush loop. Check out the posting on this Forum under "Upcoming Rally's". We have at least 26 units coming and all Fiberglass, except one SOB (Some Other Brand :rofl2: . It would be a great place to get aquainted and get knowledge.

Keith
Keith & Shirley Williams
No Trailer at the moment
2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport (TRD)
Honda EU2000i Generator
More wishes than money!
Casita Directory # 1340 - Aurora, Colorado