Group Buy Announcement

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#31 Chris C

Chris C
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,046 posts
  • Local time: 11:15 PM
  • Interests:Custom Furniture builder. Photography. Paragliding. Camping. Llamas. Really living life! (on and on and on and on!)

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:37 PM

Aw heck, there they go a'confusin' tha sitiation! :lol2: I'm happy with what I bought. No need to second guess 'em now. Besides, the flat ones are too durned expensive. I barely scraped up enough to buy the others. That's my story, and I'm sticken' to it! :danc:

Chris
2006 17' Spirit Deluxe pulled with a White 2008 Honda Ridgeline RTS.

Visit My Website

#32 DirtDawg

DirtDawg
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 312 posts
  • Local time: 08:15 PM

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:12 PM

Just as clarification, I didn't ask "Doug" of LED Trailer Lights to add the flat style LED lamps to this Group Buy. There has been discussion here (and the other forum) on converting outside incandescent turn marker lamps to LED equivalents (for older Casitas not already equipped with LED lamp assemblies). I believe the addition to the seller's website is in response to other forum member's direct contact and request in this regard. I don't believe these are intended as the best option for interior use on our trailers.

Edited by DirtDawg, 03 February 2011 - 07:14 AM.

"DirtDawg" Jeff
Payson, AZ

2011 Lance 1685 - DawgHouse III

2010 17 SD - DawgHouse II (sold)
2014 Ford F150 FX4 Supercab 6.2L
2000 Jeep "TJ" Wrangler

#33 CoupevilleFish

CoupevilleFish
  • Casita Club Member
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:Canoe/kayaking<br />Bicycling<br />Photgraohy<br />Woodworking<br />Segway

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:30 PM

Just went to the site and they are out of the bulbs. It indicates that they will have more later in the month or early March and will honor the price when they come in. If anyone notices that they are restocked, please post here so us procrastinators can jump on the deal.

Thanks

#34 ArizonaEileen

ArizonaEileen
  • Rally Organizer
  • 4,074 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 SD 17
  • Trailer Name:Casa De Suenos
  • Casita Club Directory #:2258

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:10 AM

That's great news that Doug will extend the offer when the bulbs are back in stock. I know several people who still would like to purchase them.

Eileen

2013 17 SD "Casa de Suenos" | 2016 Ford F150 XLT "White Night"
A-Z Casita Owners Guide / Store / Rallies: www.LoveMyCasita.com

#35 Chris Z

Chris Z
  • Casita Club Member
  • 788 posts
  • Local time: 12:15 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2005 17' SD

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:53 AM

No deal on outside rear tail lights, huh? I'd like to replace someday with brighter without a lot of work.
#2077 Louisville, Ky
2006 Black Chevy Suburban
2005 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe

#36 borderbrae

borderbrae
  • Casita Club Member (c)
  • 1,013 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2000 17' SD
  • Interests:Travel, photography

Posted 04 February 2011 - 07:53 AM

>>Just went to the site and they are out of the bulbs. It indicates that they will have more later in the month or early March and will honor the price when they come in. If anyone notices that they are restocked, please post here so us procrastinators can jump on the deal.>>

I would not interpret this to mean the price will be extended, just that IF you order before the posted deadline you order will be shipped at that price when they get more bulbs in stock. I would suggest anyone thinking about waiting check to find out if the deadline is being pushed back or not. If it isn't you may miss out if you delay ordering.
Jean
2000 SD 17'
2011 Silverado w/Prodigy BC
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much (and take lots of photos along the way)
www.jeanclarkphotography.com
www.borderbrae.wordpress.com

#37 ArizonaEileen

ArizonaEileen
  • Rally Organizer
  • 4,074 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 SD 17
  • Trailer Name:Casa De Suenos
  • Casita Club Directory #:2258

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:06 AM

Not what I'm reading. Here's the direct quote from the website:

"One drawback of the shopping cart system I use (PayPal) is that it charges your order as soon as itís placed, so if you would prefer to order once these are in stock again, I will honor the group buy price when stock is replenished."

In other words, because there are folks who don't like to pay for something in advance when they don't know when it'll be delivered, he's extending the sales prices to that time when the bulbs do arrive.

However, I would suggest that you get your order in soon so that you avoid another shortage.

Eileen

2013 17 SD "Casa de Suenos" | 2016 Ford F150 XLT "White Night"
A-Z Casita Owners Guide / Store / Rallies: www.LoveMyCasita.com

#38 DirtDawg

DirtDawg
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 312 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:13 AM

>>Just went to the site and they are out of the bulbs. It indicates that they will have more later in the month or early March and will honor the price when they come in. If anyone notices that they are restocked, please post here so us procrastinators can jump on the deal.>>

I would not interpret this to mean the price will be extended, just that IF you order before the posted deadline you order will be shipped at that price when they get more bulbs in stock. I would suggest anyone thinking about waiting check to find out if the deadline is being pushed back or not. If it isn't you may miss out if you delay ordering.

I keep in touch with Doug on GB issues and status. I just now sent him a request to clarify the updated website comments.

"DirtDawg" Jeff
Payson, AZ

2000 Jeep "TJ" Wrangler

#39 borderbrae

borderbrae
  • Casita Club Member (c)
  • 1,013 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2000 17' SD
  • Interests:Travel, photography

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:23 AM

You're right, Eileen, I was going by the quote I pasted in my post which wasn't the entire info off the actual listing for the bulbs. I just checked the listing for the bulbs because I wanted to see the square ones that were mentioned and see that the dealer will honor the group price later on, probably be good to mention the price/Casita deal when ordering later and it may be necessary to order via phone if the bulbs go back to their regular price in the online ordering process.

Sorry for all the confusion, Jeff.
Jean
2000 SD 17'
2011 Silverado w/Prodigy BC
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much (and take lots of photos along the way)
www.jeanclarkphotography.com
www.borderbrae.wordpress.com

#40 The Goose Egg

The Goose Egg
  • Casita Club Member
  • 394 posts
  • Local time: 11:15 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:17' SD

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:51 PM

Just as clarification, I didn't ask "Doug" of LED Trailer Lights to add the flat style LED lamps to this Group Buy. There has been discussion here (and the other forum) on converting outside incandescent turn marker lamps to LED equivalents (for older Casitas not already equipped with LED lamp assemblies). I believe the addition to the seller's website is in response to other forum member's direct contact and request in this regard. I don't believe these are intended as the best option for interior use on our trailers.

Thanks Jeff,
I see that Doug has updated the site info on the flat style, and does't recommend them for inside lamps.
I like the bluer light over the warm so I was hopeful that the flat style would have worked better.
I just placed my order.
Thanks for your help.
G.
Goose's Egg, AKA The Bear Necessities
Pictures of: Casita, Quilt, Bear & Vacation Photos

#41 Joe R

Joe R
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17' SD

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:41 PM

Hey dirt dawg do you have a good email adress for this company as I sent in an order last week and have recieved no conformation as yet and the email adress tech1@ledtrailerlights.com does not go thrugh. please email me back or anybody thats got one. Thanks joe jrstoaster@yahoo.com

Hi folks,

I was intrigued by forum discussions on using LED replacements for standard type 1141 incandescent bulbs in our Casitas to achieve significant 12V power draw savings. A few different styles are available in the marketplace, with the tower type featuring same bayonet bases most common for quick no-hassle "plug 'n play" installation. The "warm" color equivalent to incandescent also seems preferred by many Casita owners (including myself). This category of LED is costly, so I decided to pursue a volume discount from a USA source known by forum members rather than from Asia or similar alternative.

The link below culminates communication with proprietor of LED Trailer Lights over a few weeks. My objectives were to obtain special pricing which creates sufficient incentive for owners to reach for their wallets during a limited time "window of opportunity" and also to avoid acting as a single point agent as is often done on internet discussion groups. I think both objectives are covered. I also note that the small T10 wedge type used in Casita galley range hoods is included with special pricing. Check out the link, but in brief, no minimum purchase and reduced price flat rate shipping per transaction. Just in time for Springtime boondocking, especially for those heading to Quartzsite! Don't delay though, 'cus this Group Buy pricing expires February 5th, 2011! B)

Group Buy link to LEDTrailerLights.com

#42 DirtDawg

DirtDawg
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 312 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 07:32 AM

Hi folks,
I've been out of contact a few days while Casita camping at Joshua Tree NP prior to arriving at Quartzsite yesterday. I'm really enjoying my LED lights as others in our group likewise have commented as well!

Doug of LED Trailer Lights responded to a couple of my email requests on this GB:
1) Revise wording on the backorder status comment to clarify his intent to honor GB pricing: DONE
2) Add to the GB, plug-in LED tail light replacement modules for later model Casita trailers not already so equipped: DONE (note: his unit price is competitive with the lowest USA pricing I found on the web before I left, but not lower. His shipping price lowers total delivered cost, however.

Hey dirt dawg do you have a good email adress for this company as I sent in an order last week and have recieved no conformation as yet and the email adress tech1@ledtrailerlights.com does not go thrugh. please email me back or anybody thats got one. Thanks joe jrstoaster@yahoo.com

Joe,
The email address is correct, as this is the one I've been using for all my communication. tech1@ledtrailerlights.com

"DirtDawg" Jeff
Payson, AZ

2000 Jeep "TJ" Wrangler

#43 Dave & Carol AZ

Dave & Carol AZ
  • Casita Club Member
  • 19 posts
  • Local time: 09:15 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2010 17'SD

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:19 AM

Anyone else not received their order yet? I placed ours on 1/31/2011

#44 sparky1

sparky1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 279 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:13Ft Patriot Deluxe
  • Interests:camping in something--
    I have a female cat
    good sam lifetimer
  • Casita Club Directory #:2911 virginia

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:34 AM

Anyone else not received their order yet? I placed ours on 1/31/2011

> I haven't recieved mine yet either.
I ordered 15.

sparky1 in S.Va.

#45 csgcampbellca

csgcampbellca
  • Casita Club Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:09 PM

Emailed them and asked if they got the shippment in. I haven't heard anything back.
So no we haven't received our lights yet either.
Les & Carole
Casita 2005/17' Spirit Deluxe/TW 2008 Chevy Silverardo