• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#16 Scratch7

Scratch7
  • Casita Club Member
  • 105 posts
  • Local time: 04:36 AM

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:36 AM

Thanks, Sparky.............but my question was about fit.

i agree with u..

HOW MANY DOLLARS FOR MICRO AND FRONT?????

#17 Chris C

Chris C
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,046 posts
  • Local time: 10:36 PM
  • Interests:Custom Furniture builder. Photography. Paragliding. Camping. Llamas. Really living life! (on and on and on and on!)

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:26 AM

I re-installed the fascia. But I'd sell the MW for $75. If you are near my location, PM me.

Chris
2006 17' Spirit Deluxe pulled with a White 2008 Honda Ridgeline RTS.

Visit My Website

#18 Chris C

Chris C
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,046 posts
  • Interests:Custom Furniture builder. Photography. Paragliding. Camping. Llamas. Really living life! (on and on and on and on!)

Posted 23 January 2011 - 04:46 PM

.....................and the installation is finished!!!!!

Posted Image

Can't wait until a trip to cook a meal...............so will probably cook dinner in the trailer tomorrow night! (is that "camper's dedication, or what!) :lol2:

Now on to the next project..........the antenna. :danc:

Chris

Visit My Website

#19 RX

RX
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,366 posts
  • Local time: 11:36 PM
  • Interests:Sunshades now in a Blue-Grey color
  • Casita Club Directory #:1021

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:22 PM

Smart overn(Small).jpg Chris: You will enjoy your Breville Smart Oven. We lined the inside with a heat and fire resistant material and open up the side vents. We have so much more usage from this oven than we did the microwave. Enjoyed it so much that we purchased the larger one for the home and never have have a need to use the full oven in our kitchen except for family gatherings. You did a very nice job changing it over.

Edited by RX, 23 January 2011 - 06:26 PM.

Terry (RX) & Susan
Eastern North Carolina
Casita 2005 Freedom/Spirit Deluxe
Tundra, 5.7 2008

Custom Casita Sunshades, tie downs
Sunsahde items for awnings now made in Sea Blue

#20 Chris C

Chris C
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:28 PM

Terry,

I insulated all round also. I'm considering putting a small exhaust fan at the side vent over by the front door to the trailer. Have you noticed any excess heat from your oven?

Chris

Visit My Website

#21 RX

RX
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:37 PM

No issue with heat for me, but I purchased the smaller one for the Casita and the larger one like you have in your Casita for our home. It looks like I have more open air space around the oven than you do. This may make a differance in how much heat ikt holds around the sides. I also purchased the wooden board to go on top so I do not have any hert on the top.My only concern would be the tight fit that you have and no air space. Just an opinion.
Terry (RX) & Susan
Eastern North Carolina
Tundra, 5.7 2008

#22 Chris C

Chris C
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:45 PM

Terry,

I have the 800XL model. As per the requirements in the manual, I've 4" or more of clearance on both sides. There's twice that on the back and about 6" on top. I put two layers of the insulation on the ceiling of the cubbyhole and one layer on the back wall, sides and floor......along with a 1/2" piece of plywood underneath the unit to keep it centered in the space. I put the flange from the microwave back where it was, so it just looks as if I've less space.

Chris

Visit My Website

#23 RX

RX
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:20 PM

You did a fantastic job installing it. We have the door on ours so maybe it has a bigger opening. We just leave the door open while using it.
The Breville Compack Smart Oven BOV650XL which we use in the Casita measures 10 x 16.5 x 14.25 (inches H x W x D)
The Breville BOV800XL which we use at home measures 11.25 x 18.5 x 16.25 (inches H x W x D)

The one you are using in the Casita has more options for baking size dishes which is nice. Bed Bath Beyond sells the smaller pans for the compact oven. Although aluminum baking pans work great and easy to store.

It is indeed a very nice iten and I know you will enjoy using it. All the functions work great, especially the baking options.
Terry (RX) & Susan
Eastern North Carolina
Tundra, 5.7 2008

#24 Chris C

Chris C
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:29 PM

Well, I've always very happily cooked with Dutch Ovens. But when I'm in an RV park and have electricity enough to fire up this oven, I'll sure enjoy cooking with it. Heck, if nothing else, it'll be nice to be able to stop by a store and pick up a pizza to throw in it. They have a Pizza Stone as an option and I enjoy making my own, so that's something I'll be considering. And the thought of baking a chicken while camping boggles my mind! :dncinban: My girlfriend says she's more inclined to cook with it than with my traditional Dutch Ovens, too..............so it's a win-win for me! :lol2:

Chris

Visit My Website

#25 RX

RX
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:38 PM

You are so very right. It is a win - win purchase. I am just sorry I spent so much time and money on other products before I found the Breville Oven. You are going to find so many things that you can make with the The Breville Smart Oven that you could not do with a microwave. We have also made pizza, broiled a chicken and baked a cake. You will find a wide range of meals that you can make with it. I am sure this will be one of the best mods you have made. The warming option is also great for heating left overs. It has been money well spent for us.
Terry (RX) & Susan
Eastern North Carolina
Tundra, 5.7 2008

#26 Chris C

Chris C
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:03 PM

Well, suffice it to say, I'm pleased with the purchase at this point...............and can't imagine why I won't be even more so as I use it. I always leave town saying "I'm going to cook at the trailer this trip......except for maybe one or two meals out." But I end up cooking so little in the trailer because all I can do is cook on the stove top.............and as good as the meals are in the Dutch Ovens, they are terribly time consuming and I always end up cooking way too much and then don't have a way to easily re-heat when it comes out of the fridge the next time. (and I never liked to cook or heat foods in the micro-wave.) So I'm really looking forward to this new oven. Heck, I even had a gas oven in my teardrop trailer! :lol:

Chris

Visit My Website

#27 Irishrover

Irishrover
  • Casita Club Member
  • 256 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:07 AM

Great thread, Great Info!!!

I've been thinking about taking my Black and Decker convection oven on my next trip too.

But!!!

I went all over town trying to find this heat and fire resistant material for lining the MW cabinet and could not find anything.

Please tell me where you can find it and what I should be looking for.

Please!!!
James in Ohio
2006 Casita 17' LD, High Lift Axle, all add ons 'cept electric jack, Front Air
2003 GMC Safari
or
2013 GMC Sierra Extended Cab 1500

#28 Chris C

Chris C
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:26 PM

It's the bubble-pack insulation with aluminum on both sides. Go to any hardware store and they should have it. You'll want to make sure you have at least 4" all around the sides, back and top between the oven and the insulation.

Chris

Visit My Website

#29 Irishrover

Irishrover
  • Casita Club Member
  • 256 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:34 AM

It's the bubble-pack insulation with aluminum on both sides. Go to any hardware store and they should have it. You'll want to make sure you have at least 4" all around the sides, back and top between the oven and the insulation.

Thank You Chris
James in Ohio
2006 Casita 17' LD, High Lift Axle, all add ons 'cept electric jack, Front Air
2003 GMC Safari
or
2013 GMC Sierra Extended Cab 1500

#30 Chris C

Chris C
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:36 AM

Thank You Chris

You're welcome, James. Just be aware..........this material is NOT fire retardant or flame resistant. It's just a good insulator.

Chris

Visit My Website