34 replies to this topic

#31 Jim & Carol

Jim & Carol
  • Casita Club Member
  • 354 posts
  • Local time: 08:24 PM

Posted 30 September 2009 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE (ArizonaEileen @ Sep 29 2009, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tri-Leveler or Legos are for leveling, but you probably could use them for clocking.

I use chocks in front or back of the trailer to keep it from rolling, and the Legos (if I need them at all) under a tire to level it from side to side.

Eileen

Eileen,
What I meant was how do you chock a wheel that is on a lego stack? Perhaps you simply don't and only chock the wheel on the opposite side of the trailer or make the stack longer to put chocks on top of it.

Same question applies to the tri-level although it looks like they automatically chock one side of the tire.
Jim
2005 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
2005 Tundra 4x4

#32 ArizonaEileen

ArizonaEileen
  • Rally Organizer
  • 4,074 posts
  • Local time: 07:24 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 SD 17
  • Trailer Name:Casa De Suenos
  • Casita Club Directory #:2258

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:13 AM

Jim --

Unless I was desperate, I probably wouldn't use the legos for chocking. I'd want something that would actually prevent the trailer from rolling, and the legos probably wouldn't be very effective, especially on an incline.

I don't own the tri-level, but it looks more like you drive up on it to help level the trailer side-to side. Don't think it's at all intended for chocking.

Eileen

2013 17 SD "Casa de Suenos" | 2016 Ford F150 XLT "White Night"
A-Z Casita Owners Guide / Store / Rallies: www.LoveMyCasita.com

#33 Tawny&Gary

Tawny&Gary
  • Casita Club Member
  • 341 posts
  • Local time: 07:24 PM
  • Interests:We love the desert, mountains, Nat'l & State parks and hiking in nature.

Posted 30 September 2009 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE (Jim & Carol @ Sep 30 2009, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (ArizonaEileen @ Sep 29 2009, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tri-Leveler or Legos are for leveling, but you probably could use them for clocking.

I use chocks in front or back of the trailer to keep it from rolling, and the Legos (if I need them at all) under a tire to level it from side to side.

Eileen

Eileen,
What I meant was how do you chock a wheel that is on a lego stack? Perhaps you simply don't and only chock the wheel on the opposite side of the trailer or make the stack longer to put chocks on top of it.

Same question applies to the tri-level although it looks like they automatically chock one side of the tire.

Jim,

We have to use the legos to get our Egg level on the pad at home and after unhooking, we do chock the wheel that is elevated due to a slight incline in the slope of the yard. It isn't as secure as the other tire but hey, something is better than nothing!

Gary

Gary & Tawny

Apache Junction, AZ

2008 17' SD ("B2") Formerly

2011 Heartland Prowler 5th wheel Currently

#34 JudyinWis

JudyinWis
  • Casita Club Member
  • 172 posts
  • Local time: 10:24 PM

Posted 26 October 2009 - 12:31 PM

Yeah, I just stuff the chock under the wheel right on top of the leveler, and it hangs out in the air an inch above the block below. I assume if the Casita started to roll the far end of the chock would dip down and cram into the leveler block below, allowing the trailer to roll no more than a couple of inches. Am I wrong in assuming that the chock would not simply get crushed and allow the trailer to continue to roll?

Judy

#35 cdsmith

cdsmith
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,458 posts
  • Local time: 10:24 PM

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:31 PM

When I chock on top of a leveling block, I always turn the chock over. It works better that way.

Joyce and Charlie Smith, Princess Lily, Rose, and Violet - Grand Prairie, TX
RV: 1999 SD "The Little Egg"
TV: 2007 Escalade 2WD 6.2L V8 - 6L80E Trans - 3.42 Diff
Brake Control: Dexter Predator DX-2