#31 Larry & Debbie Gamble

Larry & Debbie Gamble
  • After-Market Product Supplier
  • 669 posts
  • Local time: 12:38 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:96 17SD

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:12 PM

Vernon,
Interesting observation! I don't know the answer to your question, but I'll be having an opportunity to crawl under a 2010 model in late August. I'll be checking that for sure! I know they are aware of many of our mods so hopefully they got the message on this one. It's essential as far as I'm concerned.

Larry
Larry & Debbie Gamble
Original owners 96 17 SD
The Honeymoon Cottage

www.LittleHouseCustoms.com

#32 Don

Don
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,230 posts
  • Local time: 11:38 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2007 Casita 17' SD
  • Interests:Family, home, traveling w/fiberglass trailer, computers, chess, short track stock car racing, bowling.

Posted 16 July 2009 - 08:04 AM

Larry - check the model that you check.

The Casita site shows that the 32 gallon gray water tank is not available on the 13' and 16' eggs. On the 17' Standard model it is an option and on the 17' Deluxe it is standard equipment - go figure.

Don
Don & Sherian, 2017 GMC Canyon, SLT, crew cab, short bed, 3.6 V6, 8 speed auto trans
factory brake controller and anti-sway control. Made in USA. Custom Casita graphics.
07 Casita 17' SD w/HLA (Egg Motel, room for 2 - to go), also made in USA
Photos of our mods and other stuff: http://tinyurl.com/2dz93g

#33 Larry & Debbie Gamble

Larry & Debbie Gamble
  • 669 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 02:51 PM

Don,
The model I'll be checking will be a 17 SD or maybe a LD, don't remember for sure, but I'll be doing the Fast Gray and some other things to it so I'll report back. Not positive, but I think they've always put a smaller tank on the 13's and 16's. Maybe the older 13 gallon tank. I know the Standards that I have seen have no gray tank at all.

Larry
Larry & Debbie Gamble
Original owners 96 17 SD
The Honeymoon Cottage

#34 Doc H

Doc H
  • Casita Club Member
  • 12 posts
  • Local time: 10:38 PM

Posted 16 July 2009 - 08:30 PM

I done the drain vent mod...the pics and test on the forim was very helpful...thanks guys.

Doc H...17' FD...Deming, NM

#35 Larry & Debbie Gamble

Larry & Debbie Gamble
  • 669 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (Vernon Jessup @ Jul 15 2009, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I noticed on the new Casita Web site - under Feature - They list the gray water tank as 32 gal. Are they using this gray water vent system now?

I had an opportunity today while returning from a quick trip to Houston to stop at the factory. They were closed of course, and only one Casita was in the walk-in area. It was a 17LD and not marked as to whether it was an '09 or a '10 model and I didn't think to look at the VIN plate. It had the standard tank that appeared to be identical to what they've be using for years. No vent mod in sight. It was typical in every way of all I have been under. Except for the shower valve in the closet. Drain lines entering front and rear at a mid point in the tank sides. I was in my wifes car so I didn't have a tape measure with me, but the tank appeared to be the same length, width, and certainly the same height as the ones I'm used to working on. I'm going to assume that Casita has simply upgraded the specification and not the actual capacity. In fairness, I didn't prove it not a different tank, I just strongly suspect it. And logically, if they did want to improve the capacity it would be easier to add the vent than to change tanks.

Larry
Larry & Debbie Gamble
Original owners 96 17 SD
The Honeymoon Cottage

#36 Vernon Jessup

Vernon Jessup
  • Casita Club Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 11:23 AM

Larry, thanks for trying.

I will be picking up my 2010 17' Spirit Deluxe on August 26, 2009.

I have some other question about the trailer so I just sent Casita an email. When I get some info back I will let everyone know what they say.

Thanks again

Vernon

#37 Vernon Jessup

Vernon Jessup
  • Casita Club Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:31 PM

Ok I just got a call from John, at Casita, about the gray tank. He said they lowered the tank, added a better vent system, and the tank drains a lot faster now.

I did not get into details with him. I will look at it after I pick mine up in 5 weeks.

Vernon

#38 Don

Don
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,230 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2007 Casita 17' SD
  • Interests:Family, home, traveling w/fiberglass trailer, computers, chess, short track stock car racing, bowling.

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (Vernon Jessup @ Jul 22 2009, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok I just got a call from John, at Casita, about the gray tank. He said they lowered the tank, added a better vent system, and the tank drains a lot faster now.
I did not get into details with him. I will look at it after I pick mine up in 5 weeks.
Vernon

Great Vernon - please take and post photos when you get your egg!
Don
Don & Sherian, 2017 GMC Canyon, SLT, crew cab, short bed, 3.6 V6, 8 speed auto trans
factory brake controller and anti-sway control. Made in USA. Custom Casita graphics.
07 Casita 17' SD w/HLA (Egg Motel, room for 2 - to go), also made in USA
Photos of our mods and other stuff: http://tinyurl.com/2dz93g

#39 Larry & Debbie Gamble

Larry & Debbie Gamble
  • 669 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:23 PM

I'll be anxious to see that as well. I guess the one out on the lot was different. It will be late August before I get to see the 2010 model, maybe later.

Larry
Larry & Debbie Gamble
Original owners 96 17 SD
The Honeymoon Cottage

#40 crisbill

crisbill
  • Casita Club Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:33 PM

I want to THANK everyone for this information!!! We did the venting today and it seems that we get a lot more water in the gray tank ( not measuring it I think it's at least an extra day or two.) But the venting has cut the dump time in 1/2!!! The rush of water coming out made me jump. I'm use to the silent trickle.

Cris

#41 Meadowlark

Meadowlark
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3,436 posts
  • Local time: 09:38 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2011 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Dressage, birding, camping, reading, traveling with my photographer husband and our two cats, cooking.
    Retired US Army, active field biologist.
  • Trailer Name:Grus Egg
  • Casita Club Directory #:958

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

I'm not an engineer nor a plumber, so I must ask a few dumb questions here. First, it appears as if the free end of the vent pipe has a plastic dohicky. Does one need to remove that dohickey in order to drain the tank? Or is it vented itself?
Second, doesn't the vent pipe fill with water?

I will suggest this modification to the Guy Who Knows How to Do this Stuff, Dennis.

These are the voyages of the small ship, "Grus Egg".

2011 17" Spirit Deluxe, "Grus Egg"

"Civilization began when we stopped eating horses and began riding them."

#42 my hill

my hill
  • Casita Club Member
  • 85 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:spirit deluxe 17
  • Interests:Family outings, kayaking, fishing, watersports, woodworking and just about any kind of outdoor activities

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:07 AM

If you just wanted to vent for drain purposes....could you just put a quick open valve and open it when dumping?????No drilling thru the floor of my brand new Casita. Just an idea.