• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DesertHawk

DesertHawk
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,898 posts
  • Local time: 12:11 PM

Posted 04 July 2008 - 03:15 PM

I had written about our Converter going out on our Scamp in March. I order a new converter from American Enterprises, Inc. in Canoga Park, CA and had it installed by Camping World in Anthony, TX. It had worked after it was installed. Worked on a week camping trip in NM. Was working as we camped in the Black Hills of SD and Theodore Roosevelt Nat'l Park in ND. It continued to work while camping out in our son's driveway plugged into shore power. After about 3 weeks, the converter stopped working again. This time my son who is an Air Force Tech who keeps generators and such working for the USAF was able to do some testing and looking. After finally getting in contact with the Technical Support at American Enterprises, he was able to see what was wrong (not wanting to mess up the warranty before talking to the technical support guy). After explaining and getting the tech's advise, he found the cause of the problem. Two loose screws that we found when we opened the converter door. Therefore, on Friday, July 3, 2008 talking with Carlos from Tech Support, my son found the two loose screws were to one of the Heat Syncs and it had broken free from the circuit board. Carlos advised me to mail the circuit board to American Enterprises, Inc 64433 Topanga Canyon Blvd,Canoga Park, CA 91303 marked with Attention Carlos. I was able to get the circuit board into the mail also on July 3, 2008. He assured me he would get a new circuit board to me as soon as he recieved the old one. The screws should not have come out. I hope this will end the saga of the shot Concerters. Carlos was helpful, however he said they have little problems with the units, other than them being installed incorrectly. Which would have voided the warranty. Hearing about the two loose screws, he was very assuring it would be replaced.

If you look closely on the lower left side of the photo, the Heat Syncs are the shinny aluminum deals with the "fins". With the screws missing, their connecting prongs pulled loose from the board breaking the solder points. The screws holding the circuit board were good. The circuit board was on secularly, the lower heat sync was loose. It is the lower shinny aluminum thing in the photo.

Attached Thumbnails

• 0703081538_2_.JPG

DesertHawk* Las Cruces, New Mexico USA

2015 Lance 1985~Casita de Campo~23' 4" Tongue to Bumper with Dinette Slide

160 watt Solar Panel, GoPower Solar Controller
2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab
Long Bed with A.R.E. Molded Fiberglass Topper
Previously ~ 2005 16' Scamp