Photo

Stained glass window source for entry door wanted.

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 Leehman Wexlin

Leehman Wexlin
  • Casita Club Member
  • 441 posts
  • Local time: 12:43 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit 17
  • Interests:photography, sailing, wood working, music

Posted 28 August 2009 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (RX @ Aug 28 2009, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Our magnificent stained glass window by Ann finally arrived. We just got the door window installed and even on a cloudy day it is beautiful. Ann is the best!! She is so talented and just a great Casita person.

We used the Appalachian Trail theme because Susan had hiked solo the AT some years ago. Also in the bottom corner is the BC symbol for the fight of survival. Ann saw the entire purpose of the theme we used and captured it fully. "A sunrise brings promise of a new day; a forest trail gives us the peace and courage to face that day."
Thanks Ann.

Check out her new web page. http://sites.google....ainedglass/home

Hi Susan Terry,
Congratulations
Your new window is really special. Your Casita will never be the same.
Joan Jane Leehman

http://leehman.smugmug.com/

#32 Us burros

Us burros
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2,470 posts
  • Local time: 11:43 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2005 Spirit 17'
  • Interests:Woodworking, photography, birding & travel
  • Casita Club Directory #:1830

Posted 28 August 2009 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE (RX @ Aug 28 2009, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Our magnificent stained glass window by Ann finally arrived. We just got the door window installed and even on a cloudy day it is beautiful. Ann is the best!! She is so talented and just a great Casita person.

We used the Appalachian Trail theme because Susan had hiked solo the AT some years ago. Also in the bottom corner is the BC symbol for the fight of survival. Ann saw the entire purpose of the theme we used and captured it fully. "A sunrise brings promise of a new day; a forest trail gives us the peace and courage to face that day."
Thanks Ann.

That is truly a M & M window, magnificent and meaningful.

I know you will enjoy it.

Harold

#33 Bill and Ann C.

Bill and Ann C.
  • Casita Club Member
  • 143 posts
  • Local time: 09:43 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Creekside 20FQ

Posted 29 August 2009 - 01:00 PM

I pulled up the request on the form last year about “Stained Glass Entry Doors” as I have been doing stained glass for years. You can read the thread and see how the discussion developed. Thank you allowing me to be part of the discussion.

Well……….being one to take, according to our daughter, two years to make any decision I decided to buck the odds, take a chance and stuck my foot in the water. My first client was Carol, Jim and her cat Jerry. I really enjoyed working with them. Lucy, our cat, liked the idea also. She loves the cat stroller that Carol, Jim and Jerry sent to her. Lucy begs to go out in it to watch the birds everyday.

Our next client was Don, who put together the wonderful installation guide on his Flicker site. Thank you, Don!

Every person who I have designed a window for in the last year has been a joy to work with. And every window is still traveling safe and sound in one piece, the exception being a few people who just couldn’t resist tightening that last screw in the frame a bit too much. (Bill did the same thing with our window) We are now working with a heavier frame to help combat this problem.

I was going to wait to post the web site until I had made up a few more inexpensive Scamp and Casita windows to be ready made on the site for sale. Bill and I have been working all week putting together a safe, easy and effective mounting system for a stained glass window in the Scamp doorway. We spent all day yesterday traveling around the town looking the proper mounting components. We believe we did it.

Our first window will be mounted next week in Christine’s Scamp in Florence. We are excited about the outcome and hope to make windows available to all Fiberglass RV’s.

Bill and I just want to say thank you to everyone who allowed us to make a window for them this year and to the Casita Club for giving us the opportunity to start our little business.
Bill and Ann
Little House Stained Glass
www.littlehousestainedglass.com

#34 KandJ

KandJ
  • Casita Club Member
  • 506 posts
  • Local time: 10:43 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:17' FD
  • Trailer Name:Humpty Dumpty

Posted 22 October 2009 - 02:28 PM

We received our window from Ann today. Jane found a pattern on the internet that was the starting point for the window. Humpty Dumpty is currently hibernating for the winter so we will put him on the door before we go to the Bluebonnet in April. I did place it against a window to get a picture to post. It is no doubt that he will find that he is loved in his new home. We love it!

Keith

Glass__Medium_.JPG

2006 17' FD
2003 Ranger 4X4 Ext Cab 4 liter

Our Travels

AVE IMPERATOR MORITVRI TE SALVTANT

#35 Leehman Wexlin

Leehman Wexlin
  • Casita Club Member
  • 441 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit 17
  • Interests:photography, sailing, wood working, music

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:06 AM

Hi Keith,

Congratulations on your new Art for the Casita. You will enjoy Ann's work for years to come.
Joan Jane Leehman

http://leehman.smugmug.com/

#36 RX

RX
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,366 posts
  • Interests:Sunshades now in a Blue-Grey color
  • Casita Club Directory #:1021

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:09 PM

Ann C, as in Bill and Ann is now making small pieces of stained glass artwork that attache to the back or side window. All you have to do is remove the window frame screw and place the stained glass on and rescrew it into place. Ann does a great job in making the door stained glass windows and now these smalldesignes will just add to a more personized look. A state logo or state flag would really be nice.

Little House Stained Glass
http://sites.google....ainedglass/home
Terry (RX) & Susan
Eastern North Carolina
Casita 2005 Freedom/Spirit Deluxe
Tundra, 5.7 2008

Custom Casita Sunshades, tie downs
Sunsahde items for awnings now made in Sea Blue