• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 swimmingupstream

swimmingupstream
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 08:28 PM

Posted 13 March 2004 - 07:32 AM

I'm a brand-new member and new to "chatting" or "messaging" so please be forgiving. I'm also a wannabe Casita owner. Got a tour from a fellow camper when I was tent camping and fell in love (with the trailer!) and was wondering if anyone knows where I can rent one to try it out before I buy. I live in the Florida Panhandle, but love to travel and would drive or fly somewhere to try one out. Any information is appreciated.

Lynn

#2 Ron and Bernice - Florida

Ron and Bernice - Florida
  • Casita Club Member
  • 855 posts
  • Local time: 11:28 PM

Posted 13 March 2004 - 07:51 AM

Sorry, you can't rent one unless you are in the military. They are the only ones that have them for rent.

You won't find an owner that will rent one, because they love them to much.

Someone once said, that it's kind of like underwear, "Everyone should have their own and not use mine".

#3 Barbara Harned

Barbara Harned
  • Casita Club Member
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 March 2004 - 08:13 AM

swimmingupstream,

Never heard of anyone renting theirs out. Suggest flying out to the factory and going in each model, sit down, walk arround, (three steps should do it :blink:) check out the beds, bathroom, etc. Then after you are done, put down your deposit, wait, and then join us all in one of our CasitaFests!!!!!

#4 Bob Hunt #1006

Bob Hunt #1006
  • Casita Club Member
  • 653 posts
  • Local time: 11:28 PM
  • Casita Club Directory #:#1006

Posted 13 March 2004 - 08:14 AM

Lynn, you could just about rent a guy's wife, kids and pooch before you could his Casita ;) We are in love with them too....... :blink:
Bob & Gayle Hunt #1006
(Usta Have)2000 Casita 17' SD
The Worlds 1st All Electric Casita
Founder: Texas Bluebonnet Casita Fest
Heritage Ranch, Fairview,TX
Garmin Nuvi 660 and Big Green Egg

#5 sentry62

sentry62
  • Casita Club Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 05:46 AM

Lynn,
The Outdoor Rec at Tyndall AFB in Panama City rents them to Military - so if you have someone in your family in the military they could rent one for you. When I was shopping for a Travel Trailer - the testimonials from the Outdoor Rec folks at Tinker AFB in OKC and Tyndall AFB sold me. They said they were the easiest of all the campers to maintain.
Sentry