Photo

Any Boondocking site in Maine/NH/VT/NY ?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 VE3HRP

VE3HRP
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 01:17 AM
  • Interests:Camping, Fishing, Hunting, Ham Radio

Posted 12 November 2006 - 10:29 AM

Hello,

My wife and I have a small 13 ft Trillium trailer, pulled by a 2000 GMC Jimmy 4x4..

We have camped/boondocked our our way from our home near Guelph, Ontario, Canada,
North to the Yukon and Alaska and also South West to New Mexico and the Grand Canyon...

We are looking for off road/boondocking/trip ideas and information on Vermont/New Hampshire/Maine areas as we are planning a trip there in the Spring of 2007..

We have plenty of time (1 or 2 months) and are seeking your help in locating areas to boondock.. We almost never use RV parks or campgrounds (if we can help it)..

I know that most folks would not want to post locations here on the news group, so I would ask that you email me at the address below :

Thanks in advance !!

Richard Pack

My Ham call is VE3HRP

My Email is my_ham_call@ISP.COM

#2 Al V

Al V
  • Casita Club Member
  • 144 posts
  • Local time: 10:17 PM
  • Interests:05 17'Caista FD

Posted 06 May 2007 - 03:54 PM

If you ever head in to the NY Adirondack Moose River Plans Recreation Area has some great boondocking!
head east out of the Village of
indian Lake on RT28 about 2 miles out of town the road makes a sharp right turn , turn left and follow the road for about 12 miles this brings you out to the Wakley Dam area of the area , camp there or sign in the log book and drive the 26 mile road in to the interior lots of nice sites along and off the road if you see 2 ruts off the main road it most like goes to a camping site . if you fallow the road long enough you will come out by limekiln sp. camp sites have outhouses and tables maybe a few stones for a fire ring. Happy camping
Al