• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Texsita

Texsita
  • Casita Club Member
  • 23 posts
  • Local time: 08:28 PM

Posted 24 March 2006 - 02:16 AM

Where are some nice and inexpensive sites in the Texas Hill Country or Highland Lakes Area that you have camped?

Here is a link to one site I have been to twice, once with The Gold Prospectors Association (GPAA) and once with Lone Star Dutch Oven Society (LSDOS).
Oxford Ranch Camp- http://www.oxfordran...n_cup_cafe.html
If you go you must try the bread pudding desert tongue.gif at the Tin Cup Cafe, all their food is home cooked. Just in case you don't feel like cooking wink.gif

Please share your off the beaten path sites.
don
'59 Don, Ileen & '93 Downey
Llano County, Texas

<(((>< http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/texsita/my_photos
'95 Nissan Pathfinder 4 x 4
'87 Casita 16'LD (restored)

#2 Daryl&Mary

Daryl&Mary
  • Casita Club Member
  • 72 posts
  • Local time: 05:28 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe (Sold)

Posted 26 March 2006 - 01:15 PM

When we picked up our Casita last May, we stayed for a night at the KOA in Fredricksburg, and enjoyed it. The KOA is outside of town, and we got a spot back in the trees. Very nice people running the place -- they even gave us the name of their favorite restaurant in town, which was a a good recommendation.

There is also a city park that looked nice, and is probably little cheaper than the KOA. There was another RV park right in town which was rated very well in our RV guides, but when we drove by it looked kind of crowded, and the spaces were out in the open.

We were impressed with Fredricksburg. It is an old German community, with lots of shops and restaurants, and even a couple of museums. If/when we get back that way, we'll probably stay there again.

Hope this helps.

Daryl & Mary
Daryl & Mary
Ex-2005 17'SD - The "Cozita"
Now- Born Free 22' "Built for Two" MH
Mesa, AZ

#3 George Sr

George Sr
  • Casita Club Member
  • 52 posts
  • Local time: 07:28 PM
  • Interests:Traveling with our Casita<br />Ice Fishing
  • Casita Club Directory #:1123

Posted 01 April 2006 - 02:52 AM

Bev and I stayed at Potter's Creek Campground on Canyon Lake last year after picking up our Casita from the factory in January and again this year on our return from our trip out west. Potter's Creek is a Corp of Engr Park and has large sites with picnic shelters, elect and water on each site. It's located about 25 miles northeast of New Braunfels. We have a Golden Age card, so the cost was only $9/nite. Otherwise it's $18/nite
Our site this year overlooked the lake and we could watch the sunset from the rear window of the Casita.

Attached Thumbnails

• CanyonSunset.jpg

George & Bev
East Central Minnesota
2005 LD
2004 Chev 1500 Silverado 4x4 Crew Cab
Member #1123
Twin Beds

#4 Texsita

Texsita
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 05:50 PM

George Sr & Bev,

My family has also stayed at Potter's Creek Campground.
But, I wanted to let y'all know, I like your twin bed setup. Now we use the CA King bed setup and each of the three of us use a sleeping bag. This keeps each of us in our space. But, in the future when it is just the wife and I, we are going to use your mod as an example to mod ours.

Thanks,
don
Llano County, Texas

#5 rbuck

rbuck
  • Casita Club Member
  • 6 posts
  • Local time: 06:28 PM

Posted 22 April 2006 - 05:45 AM

QUOTE (George Sr @ Apr 1 2006, 03:52 AM)
Bev and I stayed at Potter's Creek Campground on Canyon Lake last year after picking up our Casita from the factory in January and again this year on our return from our trip out west. Potter's Creek is a Corp of Engr Park and has large sites with picnic shelters, elect and water on each site. It's located about 25 miles northeast of New Braunfels. We have a Golden Age card, so the cost was only $9/nite. Otherwise it's $18/nite
Our site this year overlooked the lake and we could watch the sunset from the rear window of the Casita.

ON YOUR BED SET UP - I WANT TO BUY THE 3" MEMORY FOAM COVER BEFORE I PICK UP MY CASITA SO MY QUESTION IS, WHAT ARE THE SIZE OF THE BEDS IN THE TWIN CONFIGURATION AND ALSO THE SIZES IN THE DOUBLE AND KING SIZE CONFIGURATION.
THANKS cool.gif BUCK

#6 Texsita

Texsita
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 08:10 PM

http://www.highlandl...ber/lodging.htm

Link with a lot of local campgrounds that you would not find elsewhere.

A lot of the 915 phone prefixs are now 325

Enjoy your summer, smile.gif
don
Llano County, Texas

#7 J. B. Williams

J. B. Williams
  • Casita Club Member
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Tenpr Soloist.

Posted 14 June 2007 - 01:49 PM

Fredericksburg and Luchenbach Texas. Because they have beer at Luchenbach and I can take my Maltese type puppy in the open bar there. (No windows).

They have Jalepeno Jelly and all the dips and jellys at one of the 100 shops there. And a gun store, this is Texas you know. We are going to KOA at Fredericksburg in a week. anim_wow.gif lol.gif dancinsmilie.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif
Jerre B. Williams

#8 J. B. Williams

J. B. Williams
  • Casita Club Member
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Tenpr Soloist.

Posted 19 August 2007 - 05:28 PM

KOA campground at Fredericksburg didn't like me. My 9# maltese puppy barked at her when she worked in the campground yards and my doggie could see her out the window of our Casita. We were in town for 2 hours that day.

She said this was not allowed. She then wanted to tell me how to care for my puppy in the future on the matter. I told her I was 75 and did not need her recommendations.

We told her we would not be bothering her in the future.

Other private campbrounds and KOA's have people with 3 dogs sometimes. They are leashed and controlled and cared for but the other campers do not sneer at you if your puppy was to bark at 2 in the afternoon a bit.

I know keep the blinds closed and if Angel can not sees the "intruders" in to her protected area (by her) she does not bark. angry.gif tongue.gif sad.gif
Jerre B. Williams