• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Bigguyfrommeffa

Bigguyfrommeffa
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 12:17 PM

Posted 25 January 2006 - 02:21 PM

I am looking for help in determining what would be a good choice for a screen room for a 17'LD. Has anyone had a problem with the furnace exhaust venting into a screen room?Thanks for help in this matter. Were downsizing and hope a screen room will ease the transition

#2 RX

RX
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,359 posts
  • Local time: 04:17 PM
  • Interests:Sunshades now in a Blue-Grey color
  • Casita Club Directory #:1021

Posted 25 January 2006 - 04:12 PM

You may want to do a search on this topic as it has been written about often.

http://community.web.../user/casitamom
Custom sunshades and ground covers and curtains

Attached Thumbnails

• Side_view.JPG
  • Inside_view_and_back.JPG

Edited by RX, 25 January 2006 - 04:13 PM.

Terry (RX) & Susan
Eastern North Carolina
Casita 2005 Freedom Deluxe
Tundra, 5.7 2008

Custom Casita Sunshades
Sunsahde items now made in Blue-Gray

#3 edthehandyman

edthehandyman
  • Casita Club Member
  • 136 posts
  • Local time: 03:17 PM
  • Casita Club Directory #:How do we get a #??

Posted 02 February 2006 - 11:44 AM

For a really nice screen room, take a look at www.fiamma.com. Fimma makes the Horizon awning and they make a screen room to fit the Casita. You will find it under the Florida room section.
See what you thinkl

Ed
Ed & Judy Meehan # 1357
17'FD / 2001 Chev 1500
Minnesota

#4 RX

RX
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 03:23 PM

Those are very nice and should be for the price. Too much work for a short stay or a long weekend. I am sticking with what I have. The sunshade is light weight, less than 2 pounds. One person can put it up and take it down. Folds up into a small 10" X14" and 4" thick. Washes off with a hose and dries very fast. Can even be put in the washing machine but not the dryer. And the best part less than a 1/4 of the price of the other.

For those that stay in one place a month or more and have helping hands to get it up and space to store it they are great for added space.

Attached Thumbnails

• dad_006.jpg

Terry (RX) & Susan
Eastern North Carolina
Tundra, 5.7 2008

Custom Casita Sunshades

#5 Aaron

Aaron
  • Casita Club Member
  • 159 posts
  • Local time: 01:17 PM
  • Interests:recumbent bicycles

Posted 06 February 2006 - 02:22 PM

We bit the bullet and bought the Fiamma room from gowesty.com, who were charging $500. A lot of money, but then again, it doubles the interior volume of the camper. Even comes with curtains! The set up is really no big deal.. 15 mins or so. We're pleased with it.

summer_2005_056.jpg
Aaron and Sonia
Evanston, IL
2001 Toyota Highlander AWD
16' SD "Lillypod"

#6 KandJ

KandJ
  • Casita Club Member
  • 503 posts
  • Local time: 02:17 PM

Posted 04 April 2006 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE (Aaron @ Feb 6 2006, 04:22 PM)
We bit the bullet and bought the Fiamma room from gowesty.com, who were charging $500. A lot of money, but then again, it doubles the interior volume of the camper. Even comes with curtains! The set up is really no big deal.. 15 mins or so. We're pleased with it.

summer_2005_056.jpg

I talked to the Fiamma people about the Florida room. The current cost is $660 US. They told me that the connection consists of two poles that go along the side of the RV and that is attached to the awning housing. I may have misunderstood them where the poles are attached next to the trailer. The problem is how do you place a ridged pole next to a curved wall? The next question is, if it were possible to connect the poles to the unit how would you plug the open space to keep out the mosquitoes out? Any ideas would be helpful.

We picked up our new trailer on March 10 for a three month trip to Canada and Alaska this summer. First camper we have ever owned. Canít back the thing up! It is a 17í FD with all the goodies and we are in the process of fixing it up for the trip, curtains, TV, stereo, memory foam topper for the bed. Might as well be comfortable. Our age and health prevents us from packing every thing we need on our backs for two weeks in a wilderness area above 10 or 12 thousand feet. Getting old is not for the timid.
2006 17' FD
2003 Ranger 4X4 Ext Cab 4 liter

Our Travels

#7 meanders

meanders
  • Casita Club Member
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:travel<br />biochemistry
  • Casita Club Directory #:2338

Posted 22 April 2006 - 04:21 PM

so is it bug proof?
How does it attach at the curved part of the casita?
meanders
meanders
Denton, Tx
Honda Ridgeline RT
2006 SD 17
Prodigy
Casita Club # 2338

#8 Ray & Linda

Ray & Linda
  • Casita Club Member
  • 297 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 05:11 PM

KandJ

You have yours and have already set it up etc. Correct?
What are the demensions?
Linda & Ray
2006 Liberty Deluxe - The Cabin
2005 Ranger V6 Edge

#9 KandJ

KandJ
  • Casita Club Member
  • 503 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 07:45 PM

Ray & Linda

We don't have one yet. I was inquiring about one to Aaron on how it fits. The people at gowesty no longer stock screen rooms that attach to RV awning. They said that people were finding that they took up too much space and were heavy, so they quit stocking them. Fiamma has told me that they are out of the Florida room that would work on a Casita. They are waiting for two containers to arrive from Europe. About two weeks or less. They make a rain shield that fits in a slot at the back of the case so that water does not run down the side of the trailer. But because the Casita is curved they do not stock one that will fill the wide gap. Would have to make something to keep the bugs out. Also the one that they now stock has the screen on the ends and not in the front. The one shown on their website was a special order for the American market. The ones on the way may be with two screens or the special one with three screens. They don't know.

It is the same size as the extended awning and needs to be extended to use it..

I may not be able to get one before we leave.

The thing is not cheap.

Keith

P.S The J is my better half.

Edited by KandJ, 22 April 2006 - 07:48 PM.

2006 17' FD
2003 Ranger 4X4 Ext Cab 4 liter

Our Travels

#10 LindyW2

LindyW2
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2,033 posts
  • Interests:Casita use and problems? I'm new at camping<br>Yard Work ATVing(Bombardier traxsterMax Xt 2 seater)<br>Yard saleing, Flea Markets Watch Fob Collecting ,US coin collecting, using computer <br>Target shooting Pistols and Rifles Shooting Range in back yard<br>I'm a retired Teamster (CF road Driver)
  • Casita Club Directory #:1387

Posted 23 April 2006 - 03:34 AM

Meander
I have seen Genes from Arizona at link below it fits tighr and he put twist clips around wheel wells

after you go to link click on pic's to see them bigger .

http://www.casitafor...p?showtopic=620
Lindy & Sharon CC #1387
Casita Freedom Deluxe + Mods (A Hillbilly's Heaven)
2006 GMC Envoy Denali (Big Bessy) 5.3L V8 3.42 Rear axle
Prodigy brake controller
My Pictures http://community.web...m/user/lindyw43

#11 Donald Stahl

Donald Stahl
  • Casita Club Member
  • 519 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 09:01 AM

Already have the best choice in my opinion. Ordered and received the ground cover, side screen and back screen from RX. Our needs are for shade and some protection from wind and rain, which screens work quite effectively for both. They are very light weight and easy to put up. If we have the need to keep out bugs and flying insects, will simply place an order with Playhut for one of their $40.00 folding screen rooms, also light weight. Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion of course, but for my money, these screens have been fabricated with skill and exceptionally high in quality.

It does seem somewhat of a mystery, why people find that a Casita suits their purposes better than a tent, yet want to erect a tent under their trailer awning. Of course, I say this because there are only two in our family. Perhaps if there were more, I just might find a Florida room attractive. Don

#12 txcamper

txcamper
  • Casita Club Member
  • 11 posts
  • Local time: 03:17 PM

Posted 27 July 2008 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE (Aaron @ Feb 6 2006, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

summer_2005_056.jpg

Aaron: What model Fiamma room did you buy? I just purchased a 2006 16' SD that has no awning, so I was evaluating options of screen rooms. Your setup appears to be on a 16' as well... is that correct? And did you do the install yourself?

Thanks!

#13 LabLover

LabLover
  • Casita Club Member
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, Biking, Michener, Chess, Bridge, Formula One, Golf, Horseshoes, Darts, Volleyball, Labrador Retrievers.
  • Casita Club Directory #:2525

Posted 28 March 2009 - 01:22 PM

Try fiammausa.com, in lieu of fiamma.com, which my browser couldn't find. I'm having them send a catalog. Any other suggestions for a screen room/florida room?
Mike & Kacey
'08 17SD "Tess"
'04 Pilot EXL
Oregon Coast

#14 ArizonaEileen

ArizonaEileen
  • Rally Organizer
  • 3,865 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2007 SD 17
  • Casita Club Directory #:2258

Posted 29 March 2009 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE (RX @ Feb 2 2006, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Those are very nice and should be for the price. Too much work for a short stay or a long weekend. I am sticking with what I have. The sunshade is light weight, less than 2 pounds. One person can put it up and take it down. Folds up into a small 10" X14" and 4" thick. Washes off with a hose and dries very fast. Can even be put in the washing machine but not the dryer. And the best part less than a 1/4 of the price of the other.

For those that stay in one place a month or more and have helping hands to get it up and space to store it they are great for added space.

Hi Susan --

What kind of information do you offer about the screen rooms that you make? Lots of people rave about them!

Eileen
07 17 SD "Casa de Suenos" | 09 Ford F150 XLT "White Night"
A-Z Casita Owners Guide / Store / Rallies: www.LoveMyCasita.com

Photos: Casita Travel Photo Albums

#15 RX

RX
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 04:14 PM

The sunshade stops wind and rain from coming in and give you privacy. Because of the design it stops the wind from getting up under the awning and lifting the awning. It also has detachable tie downs to give the awning even more security.

I made my first shade back in 01 for our new Casita and am still using it and looks just as new. Material will not fade, rot, tear, or mildew. The ground cover and step cover is also of the same material and wears like iron but weights like a feather.

Hope this answers any questions. A special thanks to all the Casita folks that have enjoyed the Casita sunshades and other items I make for our Casita's.

Attached Thumbnails

• Sunshadeside.jpg

Terry (RX) & Susan
Eastern North Carolina
Tundra, 5.7 2008

Custom Casita Sunshades