1 reply to this topic

#1 Roland Williams

Roland Williams
  • Casita Club Member
  • 291 posts
  • Local time: 08:59 AM
  • Casita Club Directory #:1015

Posted 21 September 2005 - 09:56 AM

I am checking to see if there are any other strange folks out there, like me, that love rain. Rain when you want it, of course. Then go home. I would like to organize an annual event that would meet in Port Angeles and Anacortes, Washington, then take the ferry over to Vancouver Island. Our caravan would go up the island and across to the west coast to Tofino. It is beautiful country - tall pines, big mountains and camping on the beach with 10 ft waves on a calm day. It rains every day, but not all the time. The Casita is the perfect habitat for this climate. There are waterfalls everywhere, kayaking, and great restaurants. The RV parks are the best anywhere, cheap, and ocean front. It is some of the most pristine real estate left on the planet. Wet and wild amd wonderful with a max :D factor. If you go once you will come back. We even came back to live in the region. If you don't mind wearing a sweater and a slicker, and love the sound of rain on the plastic roof, let me know, and I will start organizing something. - Roland

Typical campsite in Tofino, BC

Attached Thumbnails

• P6290074.JPG

Roland and Suzan 1015-A
The Casitasaraus

#2 Roland Williams

Roland Williams
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 291 posts
  • Local time: 08:59 AM
  • Casita Club Directory #:1015

Posted 26 September 2005 - 12:42 PM

There seems to be enought interest in this to go ahead with plans. Watch this space for developments over the next few months.

A stop at Buchart Gardens is a must.

Attached Thumbnails

• P7150007.JPG

Roland and Suzan 1015-A
The Casitasaraus