6 replies to this topic

#1 ambart

ambart
  • Casita Club Member
  • 4 posts
  • Local time: 10:23 PM

Posted 03 September 2005 - 12:02 PM

Hi Everyone,
I have just signed up for the forum. My husband and I talked to the factory in Texas and they are to send up a brochure and some names of people in AZ that show their casitas. I have been reading the posts and we are excited about getting a 17' casita. We don't know which model yet, but think we will go to Rice to see how they are made. We have an 4 wheel drive explorer and love to go back country so I know this will be the ticket. Everyone on this forum has such great information and tips. Since we haven't received anything yet, I was wondering if any of the forum members in the Phoenix area show their casitas. We look forward to sharing this forum.
Annie

#2 Pinion

Pinion
  • Casita Club Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 11:55 AM

If you're up to a drive to the hills I have a 2003 Liberty Deluxe that has just been detailed (whew). I have also modified for twin beds (really opens up the interior). Sedona is a two hour drive.

Hal

#3 Ben Idle

Ben Idle
  • Casita Club Member
  • 692 posts
  • Local time: 01:23 AM

Posted 16 September 2005 - 06:16 AM

If you're up to a drive to the hills I have a 2003 Liberty Deluxe that has just been detailed (whew).  I have also modified for twin beds (really opens up the interior).  Sedona is a two hour drive.

Hal

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hal,

Do you have any pictures of the twin beds modifications you could post? Thanks?
We have a Liberty Deluxe ordered and are interested in doing this.
Ben

2006 17' LD Casita
Owned and operated since Nov. 2005

#4 ambart

ambart
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 09:03 AM

If you're up to a drive to the hills I have a 2003 Liberty Deluxe that has just been detailed (whew).  I have also modified for twin beds (really opens up the interior).  Sedona is a two hour drive.

Hal

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hal,

Ben

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hal,

Thanks for the offer. We have been out of town and just got back. We plan to look at a Spirit here in the Phoenix area.........so at this point I don't know if we will look at any other ones. I was wondering why you chose the Liberty model. It seems from the classified that more individuals have the Spirit or the Freedom. Perhaps people like their Liberty's so much they don't sell them???
I will get back to you if we want to drive up the hill. Thanks again..

Annie

#5 Pinion

Pinion
  • Casita Club Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 03:22 PM

Annie

Have yet to figure out how to transfer pics from basic Kodak Easy Share to this thread (I'm challenged.....by ignorance, not stupidity). I selected the Liberty over other models because it seemed more "open", and the cooking area (source of heat and potential fire was closer to screen door ventilation and the quick exit point and extinguisher as delivered). The Liberty seemed more open to modification than other models, and I was not certain we would be satisfied with inaccessible overhead storage with permanent bed configuration (no place to store bedding when not in the sleep mode......which reduces the interior to just a few feet). I have seen Spirit models that provide some compensation, but nothing like the twin bed mods available on this site. The Liberty lends itself to twin modification, which are typically expanded in width beyond the factory bench limitation. We found the twin modification "wow-worthy", and have included a rear trailer-wide shelf to multiply out-of-the way horizontal surfaces many times over the factory model. There is now room for satelite radio, flower vase, coffee pot, reading material...whatever, without incursion into an open aisle the length of the interior. When a table is desired, it goes up in 10 seconds. Bedding (travasaks) are deployed after scrabble, etc., and become bolsters in the a.m. in a minute. No brainer for us. Night long "cuddle factor"? You lose it, but you are young, imaginative, and motivated. In the interests of decorum, social mores, and fear of deletion by the honorable site administrator, I shall go no further.

With the glass bubble, this site, and your desires and imagination, the mobile world in a wildly upscale large tent (not easily folded and stored) is luxurious....and yours. Go with friendship to the class A's and with pride. I will try with a pic or two (don't hold your breath).

Hal

#6 George Sr

George Sr
  • Casita Club Member
  • 52 posts
  • Local time: 11:23 PM
  • Interests:Traveling with our Casita<br />Ice Fishing
  • Casita Club Directory #:1123

Posted 25 September 2005 - 03:55 AM

Hal

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hal,

Ben

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ben,
You can view how I did the Twin Bed mod by clicking on the link in my signature
George & Bev
East Central Minnesota
2005 LD
2004 Chev 1500 Silverado 4x4 Crew Cab
Member #1123
Twin Beds

#7 jvwands

jvwands
  • Casita Club Member
  • 143 posts
  • Local time: 09:23 PM

Posted 25 October 2005 - 07:21 PM

Just noticed your post. We live in Mesa and have a 17 foot Casita. EW mail at jvwands@yahoo.com.

John and Betty
John and Betty
'ROADRUNNER"
Mesa, Az
Member 1763