2 replies to this topic

#1 RicSteiner

RicSteiner
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 09:41 PM

Posted 22 August 2005 - 08:53 AM

Greetings from San Antonio,

My wife and I are palnning a short trip to Austin in September for the Art Fair downtown. Anyone know of a place to stay close to downtown?

Thanks,
Ric

#2 Helen T

Helen T
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 08:41 PM

Posted 25 August 2005 - 08:23 AM

Ric - My suggestion would be McKinney Falls State Park which is fairly close to downtown (depending on the traffic). Most of the RV parks actually in Austin are for "permanent" RV's and they stay full. Another option would be Bastrop State Park - it's about 30 minutes east of Austin in the Lost Pines but is quite different from anything else around here. I hope you find something that suits you.
:rofl2:

#3 Ric&Rachel

Ric&Rachel
  • Casita Club Member
  • 18 posts
  • Local time: 08:41 PM

Posted 25 August 2005 - 12:50 PM

Ric - My suggestion would be McKinney Falls State Park which is fairly close to downtown (depending on the traffic).  Most of the RV parks actually in Austin are for "permanent" RV's and they stay full.  Another option would be Bastrop State Park - it's about 30 minutes east of Austin in the Lost Pines but is quite different from anything else around here.  I hope you find something that suits you.
:rofl2:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Helen,

I think you have the best idea. Come to think of it, I really would rather be in a State Park.

Ric