25 replies to this topic

#1 morscode

morscode
  • Casita Club Member
  • 251 posts
  • Local time: 07:30 PM
  • Casita Club Directory #:1342

Posted 14 October 2003 - 02:20 PM

Any of you all that are tired of the weather and looking for a change, come join us in central Florida on Natures Coast at the ROCK CRUSHER CANYON
RV park. This is a 5 Star resort with full hookups including Cable TV normal
price is 34 to 50 dollars. we negotiated 18 dollar a night. We are planning to get together on Jan 9,10 and 11th and ofcourse you might want to stay longer. Come join us. Call Christi at 352 795 3870 for reservations. We will be close to the club house which includes large pool a jacuzzi and fitness room. COME ON DOWN, SWIM WITH MANATEES. Matt. M. :rolleyes:

#2 Patrick and Bettye

Patrick and Bettye
  • Casita Club Member
  • 690 posts
  • Local time: 10:30 PM
  • Interests:Family. My wife, Bettye, our three grown children, our 5 grandchildren, our yorkshire terrier, Toto. <br><br>Travel for work and for fun, playing drums (not Bettye's favorite) and some outdoor sports: camping, fishing, competition shooting and reloading (I don't normally hunt for bloodsport, but I'm interested in boar hunting). <br><br>Writing, photography, chess, reading...a healthy debate. <br>Life. Faith.
  • Casita Club Directory #:1361

Posted 14 October 2003 - 02:37 PM

Hey Matt!

Bettye and I plan to be there! For everyone else, here's a link: Rock Crusher Canyon RV Park
Hope to see all the nice folks that we've met online gathered in Florida!!!

Patrick
Patrick and Bettye Miller
and Toto, the traveling wonder dog!
'04 17' SD 'Eggy-boy' #1361

On the Western slope...
OK...so I only thought Cheaha was a mountain!

#3 Bill & Karen

Bill & Karen
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,688 posts
  • Local time: 11:30 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:1999 17' SD Inneggsisle
  • Interests:kids and grand kids
    traveling,and camping
    auto museums and shows
  • Casita Club Directory #:1193

Posted 14 October 2003 - 02:48 PM

:angry: Oh goody, goody, goody, the first Rock Crusher bash is on :rolleyes:

Bill & Karen Sarasota, Fl. Love being Inneggsile

#4 Patrick and Bettye

Patrick and Bettye
  • Casita Club Member
  • 690 posts
  • Interests:Family. My wife, Bettye, our three grown children, our 5 grandchildren, our yorkshire terrier, Toto. <br><br>Travel for work and for fun, playing drums (not Bettye's favorite) and some outdoor sports: camping, fishing, competition shooting and reloading (I don't normally hunt for bloodsport, but I'm interested in boar hunting). <br><br>Writing, photography, chess, reading...a healthy debate. <br>Life. Faith.

Posted 14 October 2003 - 03:55 PM

Hi all,

Just thought I'd offer an alternate number for those of us who are calling Christie long distance. 1-877-722-2696 ext. 1022

Bettye asked if I thought the sites would still be there a little closer to rally time and I thought....January...snowbirds in Florida....nah...we'd better go ahead and reserve the site now. :rolleyes:

That makes two dates so far (end of October and first of the New Year) we're planning to stay at a park in FL...this could get to be a habit!

Patrick

On the Western slope...

#5 Bill & Karen

Bill & Karen
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,688 posts
    traveling,and camping
    auto museums and shows

Posted 15 October 2003 - 06:31 AM

OK, our reservation is in for 3 days, Jan 9,10,11, with the option to add more :D The total was $71.58 including the Good Sam Club membership which we were planning on doing anyway. :rolleyes: We're really looking forward to meeting you folks

#6 Don and LaVonne

Don and LaVonne
  • Casita Club Member
  • 34 posts
  • Local time: 08:30 PM

Posted 15 October 2003 - 07:11 AM

Were packing!

Just called Rock Crusher, we are planning to attend the Florida rally on January 9-10-11,04! It's been

2 years since we have been in Crystal River. We haven't stayed at Rock Crusher, but we have toured

the park a number of times. They have meals on weekends when they have shows. The park

is very clean, sites are large and well spaced. Looking forward to meeting you folks in January.

Don and LaVonne (Minnesota)
Don.LaVonne and Buddy (Lhasa Apso)
2003 Casita 17SD
2002 Astro van
Western Minnesota

#7 Patrick and Bettye

Patrick and Bettye
  • Casita Club Member
  • 690 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 07:58 AM

Our reservation is number 5!

$58.86 for three days and nights with our Good Sam Club discount.

Matt, Christie says she'll get in touch with you to block the area for the rally!

See y'all on January 9th!

Patrick

On the Western slope...

#8 Don & Mary Ellen

Don & Mary Ellen
  • Casita Club Member
  • 847 posts
  • Interests:Camping, kayaking, canoeing together<br><br>Mary Ellen loves knitting, cross stitching, and reading; and Don loves carving walking sticks and puttering in his workshop.<br><br>Pogo loves people, Beggin' Strips, chasin' chipmunks, and camping and boating with us.<br>

Posted 20 October 2003 - 01:37 AM

Hi everyone..

We're coming! Got our reservations for the 9,10,11,+ and looking forward to meeting all you folks..

Rock Crusher looks like a great place (love the name) and it might be a good place for us to hang out for a month or so ($550+ele) We are newbies to Florida and that sounds reasonable.. ?? Guess the further south you go the more it cost and harder to get???

We're open to suggestions from some of you natives for Feb, Mar. :o

Yes! we will be snowbirds! Don't plan on getting back to Maine before late Mar :lol:

Happy eggin'

Don

28 days until pick up.. Patrick, you must be on the road by now B)
Don & Mary Ellen and Higgins the Yorkshire Terror!!
Former owners/lovers of a 2004 Casita Liberty Deluxe
Former owners/lovers of a 2003 GMC Sierra and 2005 Open Road 349RLDS fifth wheel
Now zipping around in a 2007 Class B Town and Country trail light..
"We may not have it all together but together we have it all"

Registered Floridians Darn Yankies

#9 Patrick and Bettye

Patrick and Bettye
  • Casita Club Member
  • 690 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 05:22 AM

28 days until pick up.. Patrick, you must be on the road by now

Don,
We're packing totes with what we think will get us through until we have a little more experience with the Casita. I don't think this would have been nearly as easy a wait if it weren't for this forum!

We've stayed in Florida for extended periods of time, both in the off-season and at the height of tourist seasons, and cost of stays varied. We've rented two room suites for as little as 27.00 a night in the dead of winter in Destin, or as high as $135 a night (these were all for extended stays of at least two weeks). We rented beachfront condos for $750 to $2300 dollars a month depending upon what time of year we were there. The one thing that I've noticed is the campgrounds don't vary much in price by season. I'm really looking forward to putting our Trailer Life Directory to good use, and finding those "jewels in the sand" to help make our stays affordable and fun.

We'll be seeing you at Rock Crusher in January!

We have cameras...and we'll be uploading pictures until the webmaster cuts us off! :lol:

Patrick

On the Western slope...

#10 morscode

morscode
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 251 posts
  • Casita Club Directory #:1342

Posted 28 October 2003 - 02:56 PM

Rock Crusher
Bash,
I love it. Come on down. It's cold up North in Jan. We should be getting down to th 50's at night and 75-80 during the day. Come and thaw out.
The phone nr is 1 877 722 2696 x 1022. Ask for Christi....we now have
10 ...wont you make it 11. Matt. M. :rolleyes:

#11 CliveAlive

CliveAlive
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 05:11 AM

Hi Guys;

I've been visiting this site for a while and toying with the idea of getting a small fiberglass trailer. I don't have one as yet.

I'd like to come and visit while you're at the Rock Crusher and get a look at some real life Casitas if I may.

You think they'd let me in to visit?

#12 Bill & Karen

Bill & Karen
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,688 posts
    traveling,and camping
    auto museums and shows

Posted 04 November 2003 - 05:39 AM

come on, we'll get you in somehow, even if its in the trunk

#13 phil moldovan

phil moldovan
  • Casita Club Member
  • 80 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 07:17 AM

Great idea Clive....some prospective buyers came to the national rally for the same reason. Gives you a real sense of what they are like when 'lived in' and on-site, along with a no-sh***er from actual owners. Hopefully there will be a variety of sizes and floorplans for you to look at.

#14 Don & Mary Ellen

Don & Mary Ellen
  • Casita Club Member
  • 847 posts
  • Interests:Camping, kayaking, canoeing together<br><br>Mary Ellen loves knitting, cross stitching, and reading; and Don loves carving walking sticks and puttering in his workshop.<br><br>Pogo loves people, Beggin' Strips, chasin' chipmunks, and camping and boating with us.<br>

Posted 04 November 2003 - 08:45 AM

You think they'd let me in to visit?

Clive! Are you kidding? Of course we want you to visit! Casitands are a friendly lot and love to show off their eggs.. B) We are NOT a cult mind you, just very proud owners and a special class of people.. :ph34r:

You will have all three models to look at I think, some new and some better than new..

Don
Don & Mary Ellen and Higgins the Yorkshire Terror!!
Former owners/lovers of a 2004 Casita Liberty Deluxe
Former owners/lovers of a 2003 GMC Sierra and 2005 Open Road 349RLDS fifth wheel
Now zipping around in a 2007 Class B Town and Country trail light..
"We may not have it all together but together we have it all"

Registered Floridians Darn Yankies

#15 CliveAlive

CliveAlive
  • Casita Club Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 03:44 PM

Thanks for the friendly replies.

My main concern was getting in to the camp site in order to be able to look around and visit with anyone. I didn't know if they just let anyone wander in and look around.

So thanks again for the welcome. I'll look forward to meeting some of you in the New Year! If I have trouble at the gate I'll just mention a few names!!!!