• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Raoul

Mike Raoul
  • Casita Club Member
  • 4 posts
  • Local time: 08:53 AM

Posted 18 July 2005 - 08:02 AM

I live in Halifax and am hunting for the ultimate getaway vehicle for retirement. Somehow the huge rigs do not seem appropriate for 2 folks. I saw my first Casita recently at the Stan Rogers Folk Festival. I'm sorry that I didn't go over and have a closer look at it, however, I did make a mental note of the name and since found the website. Are there many "Eggheads" in Atlantic Canada? I think I like the philosopy.
Cheers ... Mike R

#2 Mrs. Charlie C

Mrs. Charlie C
  • Casita Club Member
  • 263 posts
  • Local time: 06:53 AM
  • Casita Club Directory #:1459

Posted 27 July 2005 - 04:28 PM

:angry: Hi Mike, there are quite a few Boler and Trillium trailers in the Maritimes. I am in Ontario and brought the Casita from New York City where we bought it used, another couple in Ontario brought a brand new one back from Texas. If you are thinking of a gently used Casita 16 or 17, watch the classified ads here for something in the Northeast US. I looked at the member registry and it doesn't show any in the Maritimes.

Give Casita a call, maybe they can give you a name of someone who will show their trailer. You may have to go to New England to see something.

We had a Trillium for 12 years then moved up to the 17' Casita last year to get all of the decadent luxuries. Had it to Florida for 4 weeks last winter and were totally satisfied with the unit. If you have any specific questions, ask away!
Sandy, Charlie, Rocky --#1459-- Richmond Hill, Ontario
Millenium Edition "Eggloo" 17SD -- 2003 Dodge Caravan

#3 Mike Raoul

Mike Raoul
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 4 posts
  • Local time: 08:53 AM

Posted 28 July 2005 - 09:25 AM

:dncinban:  Hi Mike, there are quite a few Boler and Trillium trailers in the Maritimes.  I am in Ontario and brought the Casita from New York City where we bought it used, another couple in Ontario brought a brand new one back from Texas.  If you are thinking of a gently used Casita 16 or 17, watch the classified ads here for something in the Northeast US.  I looked at the member registry and it doesn't show any in the Maritimes. 

Give Casita a call, maybe they can give you a name of someone who will show their trailer. You may have to go to New England to see something.

We had a Trillium for 12 years then moved up to the 17' Casita last year to get all of the decadent luxuries.  Had it to Florida for 4 weeks last winter and were totally satisfied with the unit.  If you have any specific questions, ask away!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Charlie,
I have received the brochure from the plant in Rice TX and have been looking at Casitas for Sale on the website. Casita have given me a contact person in Maine as well for viewing should I wish to travel there. It is difficult to fully appreciate the features (or, lack thereof) without actually touching the unit. Have you used your Casita in freezing tempertatures such as we in Canada might experience heading south in Jan or Feb?

Does the egg tow OK, in spite of its single axle on a windy day? They seem to be a fine choice for two folks who just want to gypsy around following retirement. I do have a concern about space but I guess some things can be carried in the tow vehicle. I do enjoy oil painting which requires a bit of gear and I also like to drag my guitar around with me.
I do appreciate you getting back to me ... cheers ... Mike R