52 replies to this topic

#1 wayne & doris

wayne & doris
  • Casita Club Member
  • 128 posts
  • Local time: 02:33 AM
  • Interests:USN ret. ENC 22 years. 2cyl john deere

Posted 02 June 2005 - 05:40 PM

Howdy we orded mattress tuesday got it today thursday :D . I haven't heard anybody say what have U been putting under your mattress , anything , pad ,blanket ? Thanks Wayne :) :angry: :rofl: :)
wayne & doris
piney woods east texas
2005 17 FD " SNIPE "  cc#1508
2001 dodge 2500HD (360 gas 5/spd manual)
Americans by birth, Texans by the grace of God

#2 RX

RX
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,355 posts
  • Local time: 03:33 AM
  • Interests:Sunshades now in a Blue-Grey color
  • Casita Club Directory #:1021

Posted 02 June 2005 - 06:19 PM

WOW! That was fast service from the Southern Mattress ladies. They are a company that gives A+ service as well as A+ product. We took the table out and placed 3/4" plywood from end to end. Then placed an old sheet on top of that, then the mattress.

You will love the mattress. It is one of the best purchases you could of made other than the Casita. Casita needs to get a contract with this company and give new Casita owners this option. That way the mattress would be ready for the new owners when they pick up there Casita.
Terry (RX) & Susan
Eastern North Carolina
Casita 2005 Freedom Deluxe
Tundra, 5.7 2008

Custom Casita Sunshades
Sunsahde items now made in Blue-Gray
http://community.web.../user/casitamom

#3 rosietax

rosietax
  • Banned
  • 617 posts
  • Local time: 01:33 AM

Posted 03 June 2005 - 02:56 AM

Hi;

I haven't put anything under the mattress except the table and extension that came with the Casita. This seems to make the area very flat, and stable for the mattress.

I have placed normal bed linen on the mattress, but added foam rubber pillows. Each time that I go out in the "egg," I now have many great nights sleeping.

Hope this helps,

#4 RX

RX
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 08:01 AM

Today we woke up to headline news in our local Rocky Mount Telegram that Fire riped through the Southern Mattress Company. My heart sank for this family that has extended themselves in giving us Casita and Scamp owners such great sleeping comfort.What they must be dealing with right now is unthinkable. But with all the problems and loss they have dealing with such tragedy they have taken the time to call all the people with mattress orders to let them know that delivery will continue. The fire was contained to a storage building and the company is still in business and going forward to build the quality service they are so well known for. The buildings that they make the mattress in was not involved at all. God is Good! I for one salute these fine people for the dedication they have to serving the people and there strength to overcome such tragedy.
Terry (RX) & Susan
Eastern North Carolina
Tundra, 5.7 2008

Custom Casita Sunshades

#5 rosietax

rosietax
  • Banned
  • 617 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 08:44 AM

Hi;

I for one, congradulate the Southern Mattress Co., for their fine craftsmanship. It would have been a loss to their community, and for our community if their factory would have been damaged....

These "ole bones" have been fine since I started using my new mattress, that they made for me.......

Edited by rosietax, 04 June 2005 - 08:45 AM.

#6 RX

RX
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 08:23 PM

Today we drove over to Southern Mattress to pick up a mattress for a couple that is attending the same rally as us. They ordered some time back and we offered to save them the delivery fee and bring it with us to the rally for them. What was amazing is that this couple happened to call the mattress company while we were there. They had heard about the fire and was concerned if they would be getting there mattress as well as concerned for the company's loss.. All is fine with the company and they are still in a fast pace business of making special ordered mattresses for us Casita and Scamp folks.

Linda from Southern Mattress was telling us that she has enjoyed all the people that have called and hearing all about the trips they have taken. She said she has gotten lost in such friendly conversations that she feels as if she is part of the Fiberglass family. They all have been so impressed with such wonderful,friendly people that have called there business.

The company lost a very large building that contained furniture both for sale as well as personal family furniture. But the good news is the fire did not effect the mattress business and they are making them as fast as the orders come in.
Terry (RX) & Susan
Eastern North Carolina
Tundra, 5.7 2008

Custom Casita Sunshades

#7 KokomoJoe

KokomoJoe
  • Casita Club Member
  • 554 posts
  • Local time: 12:33 AM

Posted 07 June 2005 - 04:11 AM

Sorry to hear about the fire at the mattress company! Sounds like a great company with which to deal. I'm glad they are able to continue! But...my question is this...Why do you all want a new matress for your Casita? I know you will all think: "Once you get your new Casita...you'll see!!!!!!!!!!" But I thought I'd ask this NOW! Are the Casita mattresses soooooo bad you need another one right away? Perhaps Casita could install these other matresses as standard or as an "option"? After all they have a hot water tank upgrade and a fantastic fan upgrade that we pay for...why not a fancy matress? Considering my husband just had a custom made matress done up for our place in FL, I wouldn't be surprised if he checks this out! Details please!!!!! Happy Trails! KokomoJoe

#8 rosietax

rosietax
  • Banned
  • 617 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 03:41 PM

Hi KokomoJoe;

Each Casita owner, designs the bed by their own preferences. I had the cushions first, with foam (egg-crate) over them. I then used memory foam over the cushions.

Comfort was a very big decision for me. I like to wake up feeling good, and not like I slept with a lump in my back. As I have aged, comfort when I sleep has become more, and more important, especially if I want to go hiking, etc., during the day. Now I have an excellent mattress that doesn't leave me with lumps in my spine. I now enjoy restful sleep in the Casita, and therefore have a great time doing what I want to do during the day.

Hope this helps,

Edited by rosietax, 07 June 2005 - 03:46 PM.

#9 Bill & Karen

Bill & Karen
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,688 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:1999 17' SD Inneggsisle
  • Interests:kids and grand kids
    traveling,and camping
    auto museums and shows
  • Casita Club Directory #:1193

Posted 07 June 2005 - 04:20 PM

<_< The Casita cushions aren't all that bad if you have no back problems and can put up with the normal camping feel. Sure beats sleeping on a pad on the ground. If you need the big dinette table obviously the mattress is not an option. If you leave the rear dinette as a bed full time as most do and you find it the least uncomfortable then the mattress is a great way to go. we have fitted sheets on just the cushions and its not all that bad, but we are considering the mattress. I guess the sheets would still fit it :dncinban:

Edited by Bill & Karen, 07 June 2005 - 04:21 PM.

Bill & Karen Sarasota, Fl. Love being Inneggsile

heading sloowly up the eastcoast to our next 2 month (Aug and Sept) camp hosting gig at Camden Hills State Park in Maine

#10 RX

RX
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 08:49 PM

Yes, full sheets will fit the custom mattress. We lasted three nights sleeping on the cushions and felt we needed something better. Then we went to the egg crate foam and that was not right for us so we added memory foam and again that didn't last long. We even added a featherer bed but nothing seemed to match our home mattress for comfort. One day while I was changing our home bedding I realized that this company had made all out home mattresses to our own comfort level. So we hitched up the Casita and drove over to the Southern Mattress Company in our town. They made a pattern and custom made a mattress just for us. It is heaven and just as nice as sleeping in our home bed.

This is one mod that I would not go without. Getting a good nights sleep and waking up refreshed with all the stiffness, and back pain is well worth the money. If you plan on taking a trip longer than a week I would say this is one decision you will not be sorry about getting.

Call Southern Mattress and speak to Linda or Ann and it will be one of the best phone call you can make. They are two great ladies as well as the rest that work there.

PS: The Casita mattresses are not mattresses they are cushions. It would be nice if Casita would contract The Southern Mattress company and allow this as an option. That way the mattress would be at the plant when you pick up you Casita. Not all mattresses are the same and not all mattress companies are the same. This is a great company to do business with and they work with the customers which we rare now-a-days.
Terry (RX) & Susan
Eastern North Carolina
Tundra, 5.7 2008

Custom Casita Sunshades

#11 KokomoJoe

KokomoJoe
  • Casita Club Member
  • 554 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 03:09 AM

RX....I just said "Duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" to my husband! You are right ofcourse the bed that we'll be using in our 17 ft SD will have CUSHIONS because it's a DINETTE!!!! Takes me a while huh??!!! But...I still think Casita should offer a deal w/ Southern or someone! OK now Southern Matress sounds like a possibility! So what's their phone number? There's also a very small company in Titusville FL that makes "custom made matresses". He made one for our Queen bed at home. Once we get our egg we'll also check him out. He may or may not be able to do this. Anyone out there have the dimentions for a matress for the 17 ft. Spirit Deluxe? Oh...also it was probably posted before but how much are these matresses costing? Thanks for your patience w/ a "newbie" LOL! Happy Trails! KokomoJoe

#12 Casita de Glenritas #1002

Casita de Glenritas #1002
  • Casita Club Member
  • 520 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:13' P.D. & 25' Airstream
  • Interests:Cars, Casitas & People
  • Casita Club Directory #:1002

Posted 08 June 2005 - 07:30 AM

And the number is .......

Southern Mattress Co.

1-800-227-8701
<b>Glen & Rita #1002</b>
2004 Chevy SSR & 2001 13' P.D.
1998 Tahoe, 1957 GMC
1969 Airstream Trade Wind 25'
Shasta Lake, CA.

#13 Arnold

Arnold
  • Casita Club Member
  • 67 posts
  • Local time: 11:33 PM

Posted 16 June 2005 - 01:00 PM

Do any of you know the web site for Southern Mattress Company? Do you know what the web site is for the trucking company? I thought they said it was tripleacooper.com. We ordered a mattress from the Company and as so many other folks have said they are so nice. We talked with Linda. She has a great Southern accent and is a sweet as she could be.

Can't wait to get our new mattress. They sound wonderful
Mike & Darlene Arnold
Groveland, CA
2004 17' SD
2003 Chrysler T & G Mini van

#14 anck9sar

anck9sar
  • Casita Club Member
  • 131 posts
  • Local time: 11:33 PM
  • Interests:Retired search and rescue dog handler.

Posted 16 June 2005 - 02:57 PM

Just curious here....what is the approximate cost to upgrade to a new mattress from the Southern Mattress Co.????
Mark Sickles
Anchorage, AK

17 ft SD, 2006 Tundra V8

#15 RX

RX
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 03:55 PM

I stopped by the Mattress Company Tuesday and what did I see in the parking lot? A Casita!!!!! Come to find out this couple was vacationing in Florida and stopped by the Southern Mattress Company in Rocky Mount NC on there way home to Boston. The Matress Company made the mattress for them while they waited. Now that is service you don't get much anymore. Can't remember the couples name but they were real nice and very happy to have a real mattress for comfort.
Terry (RX) & Susan
Eastern North Carolina
Tundra, 5.7 2008

Custom Casita Sunshades