5 replies to this topic

#1 Roland Williams

Roland Williams
  • Casita Club Member
  • 291 posts
  • Local time: 08:42 PM
  • Casita Club Directory #:1015

Posted 02 October 2003 - 06:18 AM

I am doing a lot of time lately between CA and NM on I-10. My halfway point is usually the great campground at Picacho Peak, between Phoenix and Tucson. I know there are a lot of Casitans in that area. It would be nice to meet a few of you there sometime for a night or two of wine and chat. The park is one of the best, so it is probably full in Snowbird season.
Roland and Suzan 1015-A
The Casitasaraus

#2 Sue

Sue
  • Casita Club Member
  • 131 posts
  • Local time: 07:42 PM

Posted 14 October 2003 - 02:37 PM

I wish I'd seen this post a week ago when I planned our next Casita trip! But we already had reservations in Bisbee at the Shady Dell on our next set of days off. Anybody stayed there or have recommendations on things to do and places to eat?
Sue & Frank
2003 17' Casita
Phoenix

http://mtkitchn.smugmug.com/Casita

#3 JUNE AND FRANK

JUNE AND FRANK
  • Casita Club Member
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:HAM RADIO ( W7CRH ) , PLAY ORGAN AND KEYBOARD . COMPUTER , ASTRONOMY .
  • Casita Club Directory #:549

Posted 18 October 2003 - 05:08 PM

REGARDING PIACHO PEAK CAMP GROUND . THE WIFE AND I HAVE OVER-NIGHTED THERE SEVERAL TIMES. AT THE TIME THERE WERE SEVERAL SMALL DONKEYS ROVING THE CAMP GROUND , EVEN STICKING THEIR NOSE IN THE RV DOOR LOOKING FOR SOME THING TO EAT. REALY TAME LITTLE BUGGERS??? NEXT TIME YOU STOP THERE , ASK THE GATE KEEPER IF " BIG TOE " IS STILL AROUND , HE WAS AN OFFICE WORKER THERE BACK IN THE 80s .

#4 Roland Williams

Roland Williams
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 291 posts
  • Casita Club Directory #:1015

Posted 21 April 2004 - 12:24 PM

The Casitafornians on the way to the Blue Bonnett stop over at the Picacho Peak RV Resort for a night. It was a perfect night, cool and clear and lots of stars. The sunsets are spectacular. The rates have already dropped for the summer season, and the evenings are still cool, It would be a great place for the Arizonans to get together for mini rally. :)

Attached Images

• P4120003.JPG

Roland and Suzan 1015-A
The Casitasaraus

#5 Sue

Sue
  • Casita Club Member
  • 131 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 06:06 PM

Doggone it! We're going out of town for most of the next two months, but Picacho Peak is one place I've always wanted to camp and we live right up in Ahwatukee! Sorry we'll miss you, Roland!

Sue, we did Bisbee last year for my birthday and stayed at the Shady Dell. I hear that the diner on property is good for breakfast or lunch. We had a beer at a little bar in Bisbee that used to be the stock exchange in town (I think the name of the bar is something like "Stock Exchange") and it was really interesting. And the Copper Queen is THE place to go in town for dining or drinks. The Shady Dell is a little out of town, so you have to have a car to get back into downtown where everything is.
Sue & Frank
2003 17' Casita
Phoenix

#6 Sue

Sue
  • Casita Club Member
  • 131 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 06:08 PM

How embarassing....I just realized that I replied to my own post! I was wondering about two Sues on this board and saw that the original post was from last year...by ME... <_<
What a goof.
Sue & Frank
2003 17' Casita
Phoenix