12 replies to this topic

#1 red55willys

red55willys
  • Casita Club Member
  • 7 posts
  • Local time: 05:57 PM
  • Interests:jeeps,camping,traveling,car shows and swap meets

Posted 26 September 2003 - 05:24 AM

hello from western pennsylvania,i'am the proud owner of a newly purchased 2000 16' freedom deluxe,if there are any other owners in pa lets hear from you.

#2 E & MS

E & MS
  • Casita Club Member
  • 32 posts
  • Local time: 04:57 PM
  • Interests:16' Casita SD Eggs-Car-GO
  • Casita Club Directory #:1371

Posted 26 September 2003 - 07:52 AM

Not from Pa but NE Ohio. I think we need a map so we can tell what area we are in I would think Ohio is midwest but who knows. We are about 25 miles from Pa in Madison. We have a 16'SD 2003 we bought used this spring. We have been to one mini ralley in the Adirondacks this spring and the North Shore of Superior this summer. We spent a weekend in Pa on the Sinnemahoning River also. Retired and we love the trailer. If we could here from others in this area we should plan a local mini ralley .

#3 red55willys

red55willys
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 10:37 AM

I'am only about 75 miles from you,a mini rally would be fun,lets see what happens

#4 NancyPlain

NancyPlain
  • Casita Club Member
  • 102 posts
  • Local time: 08:57 PM

Posted 27 September 2003 - 03:09 PM

I'm from Western Pennsylvania, in Somerset County (think Exit 10 of the Pennsylvania Turnpike).

If you're looking for suggestions:

One of the nicest campgrounds around here is Prince Gallitzin State Park, near Patton in Cambria County. All sites are wooded; there's a large lake; you can rent pontoon boats; deer come and eat bread out of people's hands (not necessarily a good thing!). Fishing is great.

There are 437 sites, 85 with electricity...

Wherever, I'm probably game...

Nancy
Nancy #1331
NA3N
1998 16' SD "Sojourner"
2002 Toyota Tundra
SW Pennsylvania

#5 red55willys

red55willys
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 03:46 AM

Hi Nancy,

we are of exit 5,have'nt been there in years but we did go to shawnee a couple times this year.what type of casita do you have?owned it long?any trouble with tire blowouts?

Rick

#6 NancyPlain

NancyPlain
  • Casita Club Member
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 10:10 AM

Rick,

Shawnee is quite nice, too. I tent camped there last fall and kayaked on the lake. We used to picnic there when I was a kid, way back in the 50s. Shawnee would make a good location for a Pennsylvania mini-rally. It's much easier to get to via the turnpike.

I got a '97 SD, 16ft, in April. I went on only two camping trips this summer, but I'm taking the Casita to Provincetown, MA, at the tip of Cape Cod, later on this month. I've had no problems with it, or with the tires. I sure hope I don't get a blow-out.
Nancy #1331
NA3N
1998 16' SD "Sojourner"
2002 Toyota Tundra
SW Pennsylvania

#7 Beverly Divany

Beverly Divany
  • Casita Club Member
  • 21 posts
  • Local time: 12:57 AM
  • Interests:water color painting, fly-fishing, gardening, embroidery, flower arranging, scrapbooking, reading, cooking, home remodeling, swimming, wildflowers, photography, computers
  • Casita Club Directory #:1049

Posted 06 January 2004 - 07:39 AM

We are in Centre County, PA, and glad to hear the numbers of Casita owners in PA are growing! :P

I think we were the second PA folks to buy a Casita from Rice, and were the first from PA to join the Casita Club.

Though Bob is retired, I still work, :) so I don't get on the road as much as we WANT. But, judging from the posts, no matter how much you get out, it's not enough! :o

#8 jwb

jwb
  • Casita Club Member
  • 229 posts
  • Local time: 04:57 PM

Posted 25 January 2004 - 06:38 PM

One of my favorite campgrounds is in western PA.

The Chuck & Lou Mobilehome Park and Campground on US 19 immediately north of Saegertown (north of Meadville).

Don'tlet the name and the entrance fool you. You go through the Mobilehome Park and down on the French Lick river are the prettiest campsites you will ever find with full hookups and reasonably priced.

If you are Good Sam members don't miss the state rallys. You meet the nicest people there. They usually have one at Centre Square on the 4th. of July weekend.

Jack

#9 Plainsman

Plainsman
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,614 posts
  • Interests:Travel (duh!); bird hunting and bird dogs; flintlock hunting; history; rural life; Irish archeology; lots of other stuff, too.
  • Trailer Name:OTRA
  • Casita Club Directory #:1240

Posted 02 February 2004 - 01:09 PM

Hi, folks. Just noticed this little addendum down here in the site. I'm in southcentral PA, and looking forward to a chance to explore some of the good spots in our beautiful commonwealth. Sorry to admit that out of 125+ nights spent in my 0317SD in 2003, not a single one was in PA! I hope to have some time in-state when the weather turns better. It WILL turn better, won't it? Please say it will!
"OTRA" (On The Road Again)
2003 17' Spirit Deluxe #1240
2004 2500HD Duramax Diesel Crewcab

The Sandhills of 'East Wyoming'

#10 barncat

barncat
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 10:02 AM

Hi, Just bought a 2000 17' Spirit DX in Souderton, Pa. Camped once so far. We live in Carlisle, Pa and know of another Carlisle couple who also have a Casita. They introduced us to the Casita. Hope to have some enjoyable times with it. We don't see many Casita's in the Pa region. Lucky to have found this used one over the internet. It was in great shape. Enjoy!!!!

#11 Joe Z

Joe Z
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,998 posts
  • Interests:Member Since
    Jan 21 2005
  • Trailer Name:AZ Snowball

Posted 01 April 2007 - 04:56 AM

Hi Everyone.....
Just purchased a used 94'Casita SD 16' in excellent condition from a real nice gentleman in Michigan. We Live in PA now but recently moved here from Arizona ( I know "It's a dry heat") anim_rofl2.gif Really like the Delaware river and am hoping to find some nice campgrounds along that river (we are in the Reading area) Are there any State or National parks around here that have Elect/Water hookup?____

Joe & Linda
Dodge Ram 4x4

#12 Joe Z

Joe Z
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,998 posts
  • Interests:Member Since
    Jan 21 2005
  • Trailer Name:AZ Snowball

Posted 04 June 2007 - 05:29 AM

I was able to answer my own question now being here for a few months..... I found French Creek State Park to be one one the nicest places i have seen.... It has many sites with electric hookup but no water hookup.... many water outlets around the campground and very wooded good size lots..... 7,474 acres with about 50 miles of trails and two lakes..... Very close to Amish Lancaster Pa and the VF Outlets in Reading Pa and Hopewell furnace National Historic Site.
Joe

French Creek State Park Elverson,Pa 19520:
http://www.dcnr.stat...px#staythenight

Joe & Linda
Dodge Ram 4x4

#13 RoRo

RoRo
  • Casita Club Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 05:25 AM

Another nice one is Ohiopyle State Park... in the Laurel Highlands near Frank LLoyd Wright's Falling Water.