No replies to this topic

#1 Roland Williams

Roland Williams
  • Casita Club Member
  • 291 posts
  • Local time: 04:00 PM
  • Casita Club Directory #:1015

Posted 21 September 2003 - 06:05 AM

I know, I am just a wannabe Canadian, but I love the place. I hope I can generate some comments from the indiginous folks, as I want to know more. Suzan and I are going back again for three weeks this Christmas, to explore and hang out. As you can guess, there is no bad season to visit Vancouver Island. The southern tip has near perfect weather - a lot of rain, hardly ever snows, and never gets hot. About an hour north of Victoria you start coming into the rain forest. Boy does it rain. The rain gods even found a way to make the Casita leak (loose pop rivet over the microwave). But you put on your slickers and go for it. To get to the rugged West Coast, you have to drive up the east side of the island and pass throgh a number of charming towns. All have excellent facilities for RVers. It takes two hours to cross the mountain to the west side, about 60 miles. There are dozens of great parks. It is an RV paradise. You can check it out at www.tofinobc.com. The big thing to do there is whale watch, from a charter or a rented kyak and catch and/or eat salmon. This picture was taken about 100 yards, oops, 100 meters from our camp site, at high tide.

Attached Images

• 2001_Trips_316.jpg

Roland and Suzan 1015-A
The Casitasaraus