• Interests:Collecting Unique Camaros
    Rebuilding Rare Chevy Pickups
    Rock and Roll Music
    Old Country and Western Music
    Camping
    Cooking Outdoors
    Cajun Food and Cajun Music
  • Trailer Name:“Day Tripper”
  • Casita Club Directory #:Do I have one?

Posted 22 February 2021 - 04:43 PM

My brain fired up with an idea this afternoon:
Has anyone thought about or tried rigging the shower hose with a quick-connect or screw on extension hose with a potty wand on the end of it?
My thought is that you would not have to run a garden hose through the window or drag it around and through the door.
Would it have enough pressure for cleaning the tank?
It would be turned off/on with the faucet knobs there beside you.

Any thoughts of pros/cons on doing this?

Just brain storming since thawing out. 😉

#2 Dutchman

Dutchman
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3,388 posts
  • Local time: 09:23 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17SD "Pura Vida"
  • Interests:kayaking, bicycling, nature, history, aviation, musea, traditional jazz music, piano player, full timer. member Escapees rv club
  • Casita Club Directory #:1372

Posted 22 February 2021 - 06:55 PM

My fresh water hose always has a pressure reducer on the faucet outlet, thus lowering available pressure power inside my Casita.  I use a garden hose, or spare water hose, either on a second outlet or else via a Y-valve attachment.  This hose does not have a pressure reducer. With the wand attached and leading this hose through the small window I've had full pressure in cleaning the black tank. Has worked well for me over the years.

OTOH, if you are considering the bidet idea your attachment may have value. Can't help you there, last time I saw a bidet was in France many years ago. And I chose not to take it apart to check it out. :blink:

Dutchman

• Meadowlark likes this

Edouard Trautwein, #1372  

'03 17SD "Pura Vida"
'99 Toyota 4Runner, 3.4L V6 -

Casita living - Luxury on two wheels.

HOME IS WHERE I PARK IT !   

#3 West Texan

West Texan
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 419 posts
  • Local time: 10:23 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2020 17’ Freedom Deluxe
    Rock and Roll Music
    Camping
    Cooking Outdoors

Posted 22 February 2021 - 08:10 PM

Dutchman,
Now, to look at getting that bathroom window screen out.

I saw a funky looking flower pot in a bathroom one time out here in West Texas. I laughed about it and the realtor made a comment about the owners really used their -head- on that flower pot! That was the first and last bidet that I saw.

Edited by West Texan, 22 February 2021 - 08:12 PM.

#4 Dutchman

Dutchman
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3,388 posts
  • Local time: 09:23 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17SD "Pura Vida"
  • Interests:kayaking, bicycling, nature, history, aviation, musea, traditional jazz music, piano player, full timer. member Escapees rv club
  • Casita Club Directory #:1372

Posted 22 February 2021 - 10:28 PM

That little bathroom window screen should pull up - mine sometimes gets stuck but it is movable. 

Think of it, you may have the only Casita with colorful live flowers in your WC.

Gesundheit!

• Meadowlark and West Texan like this

Edouard Trautwein, #1372  

'03 17SD "Pura Vida"
'99 Toyota 4Runner, 3.4L V6 -

Casita living - Luxury on two wheels.

HOME IS WHERE I PARK IT !   

#5 Euphoria

Euphoria
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,321 posts
  • Local time: 08:23 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2008 17'SD
  • Casita Club Directory #:2754

Posted 23 February 2021 - 05:35 AM

My brain fired up with an idea this afternoon:
Has anyone thought about or tried rigging the shower hose with a quick-connect or screw on extension hose with a potty wand on the end of it?
My thought is that you would not have to run a garden hose through the window or drag it around and through the door.
Would it have enough pressure for cleaning the tank?
It would be turned off/on with the faucet knobs there beside you.

Any thoughts of pros/cons on doing this?

Just brain storming since thawing out.

You must have missed my recent bathroom remodel upgrades I posted a while back. One of the changes I made was to install a separate 4" O.C. hot and cold mixing valve with a quick disconnect hose feature. Might be what you're looking for. I just tapped into the PEX lines, for the sink, in the closet to run up to the new mixing valve. As an aside, it also makes for a much better shower as well, compared to the one that is just tapped off the sink faucet. That sink faucet outlet can just be capped and allow removal of the cheesy shower hose they give you. Another "downside" to trying to tap off the existing shower that comes from the sink faucet is that it has an extremely small orifice which severely limits your spray force, and it doesn't give you either the water flow stream or the pressure you'd want to flush the tank. You want more flow and stronger spray pressure, which you won't get from an adapter on the existing sink faucet. Another thing I like about this new plug-in garden hose setup is that it is also compatible with the quick disconnect mixing valve I installed in my outside shower as well. Serves double duty, and frankly, I would say I use it more plugged into the outside shower than the bathroom shower. I don't use a tank wand because I have the tank sprayer mounted inside my Black tank, so I just hook up a hose to the outside fitting and flush it from outside anyway. No need for a flushing wand. Anyway, it might give you some ideas to play with.

Some of it is in this thread.

http://www.casitaclu...ds/#entry222188

I mounted mine in a recessed stainless steel shelf that I also installed so it wouldn't stick out into the bathroom. Didn't want something to run into, but if you don't want to get that elaborate, you can still "surface mount" one on the bulkhead if you don't want to install the recessed shelf unit. The hose is perfect and would work well for what you'd want it for. It has garden hose threads on it. The female end got the quick release male plug-in and on the other end I just installed a multi-pattern garden hose valve. Of course you can put anything else on the end as well as long as it also has a garden hose thread, (such as your tank flusher wand.)

To save searching, here's some links to the shower components I used in my new setup, if you're interested:

https://www.amazon.c...Y2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1

https://www.amazon.c...5HCOI0K1Z&psc=1

https://www.amazon.c...DKIKX0DER&psc=1

https://www.amazon.c...KZ3MUL8YK&psc=1

https://www.amazon.c...ding=UTF8&psc=1

Mixing Valve.jpg Shower Hose.jpg IMG_0005 (5).JPG

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0001 (5).JPG

Edited by Euphoria, 23 February 2021 - 06:10 AM.

• West Texan likes this

"If I have seen a little further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

Sir Isaac Newton

Greg & Brenda

2008 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe

Casita Club # 2754

#6 West Texan

West Texan
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 419 posts
  • Local time: 10:23 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2020 17’ Freedom Deluxe
    Rock and Roll Music
    Camping
    Cooking Outdoors

Posted 23 February 2021 - 08:12 AM

Euphoria,
Dont mind doing all of the work to install/repair/replace things, I just need a supervisor to sit by and walk me through working on this Casita. I feel like that rover that landed on Mars; I am exploring new terriritories on my Casita. Some smaller things, I can handle, but other things, are a little easier said than done!
How far from me are you? LOL

#7 Euphoria

Euphoria
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,321 posts
  • Local time: 08:23 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2008 17'SD
  • Casita Club Directory #:2754

Posted 23 February 2021 - 08:39 AM

Euphoria,

How far from me are you? LOL

Unfortunately, I'm up in the northwest corner of the contiguous "lower 48." Otherwise, I'd be more than happy to drop one of these in for you. Probably wouldn't take me more than an hour start to finish, including fitting up the plumbing. It's not as daunting of a project as it may appear. Tapping into the PEX tubing is easy to do. Adding a surface mounted 4" mixing valve likewise, would only require drilling two holes for the valve to mount on the wall. I will say that I think you may find yourself disappointed with the results of trying to "tap" into your "top-of-the-faucet" shower hose connection to run your flushing wand though. The size, or I should say the lack thereof, of the faucet outlet and the hose itself will prove to be highly restrictive to providing an adequate amount of both pressure and water flow (volume) to effectively give you any more actual "flushing" capability than just merely "peeing" on it. You need the ability to "blast the tank," which you'll be never be able to do from hooking up to that sink faucet setup for a water supply.

Edited by Euphoria, 23 February 2021 - 08:41 AM.

• West Texan likes this

"If I have seen a little further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

Sir Isaac Newton

Greg & Brenda

2008 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe

Casita Club # 2754