• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dutchman

Dutchman
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3,368 posts
  • Local time: 04:56 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17SD "Pura Vida"
  • Interests:kayaking, bicycling, nature, history, aviation, musea, traditional jazz music, piano player, full timer. member Escapees rv club
  • Casita Club Directory #:1372

Posted 11 November 2020 - 06:35 PM

For some time I've been sleeping on a 30" wide bed so I can put my feet underneath the piano keyboard. "Bed" were the two side cushions plus a foam piece in the middle, i.e. three pieces.Ok but not perfect. Giving me something to do in these idle times I had Clifton Upholstery make me a one piece 70x30x4 cushion, slate grey like my dinette cushions.  The new cushion came a few days ago.

I removed the older side cushions, cut them up and made two corner pieces that fit where the speakers are, to bring the speakers and keyboard up so it will not sit on the inverter, and prevent the big cushion from sliding aft. Everything back to normal, and the piano is back level, as shown in this earlier picture. 

It was more expensive than I thought.  Cushion was about $200, but UPS decided that, although the cushion only weighs 12lbs, the size made the price,  $195 to ship from Waco to Benson, AZ.

And, yes, this cushion is made out of the same firm material as all others. I'm glad I saved my 2" memory foam pad to put on top, although I'll have a 3" made since I am supposed to be "elderly".

I Googled trucking camp beds and found there are fitted sheets available for this size. Be my next order.

Next order of business is to hang a tip jar out the back window in case of requests.

Dutchman

0.jpeg The Studio.jpg

• Meadowlark and Jerrybob like this

Edouard Trautwein, #1372  

'03 17SD "Pura Vida"
'99 Toyota 4Runner, 3.4L V6 -

Casita living - Luxury on two wheels.

HOME IS WHERE I PARK IT !   

#2 Carol Christensen

Carol Christensen
  • Rally Organizer
  • 3,371 posts
  • Local time: 03:56 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2005 17' LD - "Nova"
  • Interests:Travel, camping, pets, mother nature, wildlife behavior, being outdoors to enjoy it all.
  • Casita Club Directory #:1009

Posted 12 November 2020 - 03:03 PM

Nice job.  It looks very comfy.  And I love the colors and design of your blanket (bedspread?), very cheerful.

But Wow, the price to ship almost doubled the cost.  That does not seem at all fair.

Carol Christensen
2005 17' LD Nova & 2001 Toyota 4Runner

pre-Nova was Ova-the-Rainbow 1999 17' LD (sold)

Don't believe everything you think.

#3 Jerrybob

Jerrybob
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,295 posts
  • Local time: 03:56 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Maintain 6 acres, travel in my Casita, enjoying life

Posted 13 November 2020 - 09:58 AM

Nice job Dutchman.....love the piano.....you must be a real hit in the campground.....very cool! 

#4 Dutchman

Dutchman
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3,368 posts
  • Local time: 04:56 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17SD "Pura Vida"
  • Interests:kayaking, bicycling, nature, history, aviation, musea, traditional jazz music, piano player, full timer. member Escapees rv club
  • Casita Club Directory #:1372

Posted 13 November 2020 - 10:36 AM

Carol, I had a very difficult time deciding on color and pattern. There were so many choices at the factory in Oregon where I bought this genuine Pendleton blanket. Expensive but worth it, I've had this blanket for more than fifteen years.

Tamara at Clifton Upholstery did advise me that the cushion shipment would be pricy because of its size.  But, sometimes, like that $140.- Pendleton blanket years ago, it's just worth the pleasure of having good stuff that lasts.

Ed

• Carol Christensen likes this

Edouard Trautwein, #1372  

'03 17SD "Pura Vida"
'99 Toyota 4Runner, 3.4L V6 -

Casita living - Luxury on two wheels.

HOME IS WHERE I PARK IT !