7 replies to this topic

#1 marcee246

marcee246
  • Casita Club Member
  • 5 posts
  • Local time: 06:13 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:17 ft spirit

Posted 16 July 2020 - 05:23 PM

I have a 2015 Casita Spirit deluxe. I was wondering if the wooden board under the two seater dinette, adjacent to the floor is removable. I have seen a small amount of water from under that panel.

#2 Hot Toddy

Hot Toddy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 684 posts
  • Local time: 12:13 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Spirit Deluxe - 17'
  • Interests:Camping, hiking, cooking, gardening, and yoga.
  • Trailer Name:Kerouac

Posted 17 July 2020 - 05:53 AM

Yes, that floor board is removable. Pry off the two caps on the screw covers to access the screw heads. The water lines and I believe electrical lines run under that board. You may have a small leak in one of the PEX tubes. Best of luck!

Toddy

• Jerrybob likes this

#3 Euphoria

Euphoria
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,245 posts
  • Local time: 10:13 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2008 17'SD
  • Casita Club Directory #:2754

Posted 17 July 2020 - 06:37 AM

And those toeboard screws are not "stripped out" Phillips Head screws. They are #2 Robertson Square Drive head screws, which will require a #2 Robertson Square Drive screwdriver to install or remove them. And when you get ready to reinstall the toeboard, run those screws down to where they are even with the floor before sliding it back into place. This will keep you from accidentally puncturing the PEX water hoses behind the toeboard when it is screwed back in. Don't ask me how I know this. ;-)

I also cut my slanted toeboard in half at a 45 degree angle, reversed the halves, and screwed them back together to form a square box shaped toeboard instead of the angled one. Now we can rest shoes on them under the table.

Surge Protector Remote.JPG

Edited by Euphoria, 17 July 2020 - 06:43 AM.

• Meadowlark likes this

"If I have seen a little further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

Sir Isaac Newton

Greg & Brenda

2008 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe

Casita Club # 2754

#4 Hot Toddy

Hot Toddy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 684 posts
  • Local time: 12:13 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Spirit Deluxe - 17'
  • Interests:Camping, hiking, cooking, gardening, and yoga.
  • Trailer Name:Kerouac

Posted 17 July 2020 - 11:42 AM

I also cut my slanted toeboard in half at a 45 degree angle, reversed the halves, and screwed them back together to form a square box shaped toeboard instead of the angled one. Now we can rest shoes on them under the table.

attachicon.gifSurge Protector Remote.JPG

Now that's an idea worth a dollar! We are forever looking for places to put shoes and slippers. Why either of us need more than one pair is beyond me, but I don't like to walk the dog around the campground while wearing flip-flops and it's nice to have a pair of slippers in the winter to keep my feet warm, so we can each have three pair at times. It's too hot to work on the Casita today, but I'm headed out to see about that project. I like it!

Toddy

• Meadowlark likes this

#5 marcee246

marcee246
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 12:08 PM

Thank you all for the information. I was wondering if you might have an idea of where the leak is coming from. Only happened after flushing out antifreeze from entire trailer and only at that spot. I have since used the kitchen sink and bathtoom shower and sink with no water appearing. I have not used the fresh water or the outside shower. Can't really think of anywhere else could cause it.

#6 Meadowlark

Meadowlark
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3,197 posts
  • Local time: 09:13 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2011 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Dressage, birding, camping, reading, traveling with my photographer husband and our two cats, cooking.
    Retired US Army, active field biologist.
  • Trailer Name:Grus Egg
  • Casita Club Directory #:958

Posted 17 July 2020 - 02:11 PM

I don't have a dog to walk, Toddy, (and we no longer take our leash trained Siamese cat) but when we camp, I, too, have more than one pair of footwear. The Teva's stay inside the casita and my hiking boots are for everything outside. Keeps things a lot cleaner in the camper.

These are the voyages of the small ship, "Grus Egg".

2011 17" Spirit Deluxe, "Grus Egg"

"Civilization began when we stopped eating horses and began riding them."

#7 Joe Romas

Joe Romas
  • Casita Club Member
  • 330 posts
  • Local time: 10:13 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:1999 17' SD
  • Interests:Hobbies are machining, doing "mods" to my Casita, camping and keeping busy.

Posted 21 July 2020 - 04:48 AM

Thank you all for the information. I was wondering if you might have an idea of where the leak is coming from. Only happened after flushing out antifreeze from entire trailer and only at that spot. I have since used the kitchen sink and bathtoom shower and sink with no water appearing. I have not used the fresh water or the outside shower. Can't really think of anywhere else could cause it.

When you were flushing out the antifreeze did you use a hose on the shore fitting and if so did you use a pressure regulator like this? If not you may have a leak in a PEX fitting.

https://www.amazon.c...equipment life.

Edited by Joe Romas, 21 July 2020 - 04:51 AM.

Joe and Mary Romas
Columbus, OH
1999 Casita 17' SD
2017 GMC Seirra

#8 marcee246

marcee246
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 July 2020 - 05:12 AM

Hi Joe, yes I use that all the time. Had a RV service come out and they checked everything. Couldn't find anything wrong and no reoccurrence. A bit of a mystery.