Photo

Go West, East, South, And North Old Feller!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 West Texan

West Texan
  • Casita Club Member
  • 356 posts
  • Local time: 02:03 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2020 17’ Freedom Deluxe
  • Interests:Collecting Unique Camaros
    Rebuilding Rare Chevy Pickups
    Rock and Roll Music
    Old Country and Western Music
    Camping
    Cooking Outdoors
    Cajun Food and Cajun Music
  • Trailer Name:“Day Tripper”
  • Casita Club Directory #:Do I have one?

Posted 03 June 2020 - 10:22 AM

Loading up today and leaving tomorrow (Isnt there a song about -Tomorrow-?). Anyhow, I am putting water in the emergency tank (for roadside potty emergencies, if they happen.), re-shelving groceries, putting new linens away, loading clothes, prepping for departure from the space docking station (too much Star Trek?), and checking things on the Casita (except for lights, when I totally connect to Day Tripper for the trip.).
I would like to be headed to a campground with a river or lake nearby, but West Texas and the -Smell of Money- here I come! Nearly anyplace is better than absolutely no place!
Be safe everyone.
Jim

#2 Hot Toddy

Hot Toddy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 719 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Spirit Deluxe - 17'
  • Interests:Camping, hiking, cooking, gardening, yoga and meditation.
  • Trailer Name:Kerouac

Posted 13 June 2020 - 12:25 PM

So where did your journey take you and what did you see while camped? It doesn't seem like you were gone very long. Did you run into trouble?

Toddy

#3 West Texan

West Texan
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 356 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2020 17’ Freedom Deluxe
  • Interests:Collecting Unique Camaros
    Rebuilding Rare Chevy Pickups
    Rock and Roll Music
    Old Country and Western Music
    Camping
    Cooking Outdoors
    Cajun Food and Cajun Music
  • Trailer Name:“Day Tripper”
  • Casita Club Directory #:Do I have one?

Posted 13 June 2020 - 02:14 PM

It was a quick long weekend trip to see my friends in Odessa. I went to the house of my friend that I go camping with. He hasnt been able to get away lately, so I Went and camped out at his place. He had a family get-together and invited me to join in.
What did I see? There were a few drunks, a few half-drunks, a few sots, and a few like me that doesnt drink. (You know the difference between a drunk and a sot? A sot is a sophisticated drunk. 😉)
The only trouble that I came upon, was the hectic oilfield traffic that is out there now.
The trip made me ready to sneak off and go camping somewhere like Fredericksburg, Bandera, Kerrville, or some neat getaway down there like those. Crud! I might even take off and go North up around Lubbock or Amarillo!