• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Tombrown

Tombrown
  • Casita Club Member
  • 126 posts
  • Local time: 02:35 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit 17 SD #12415
  • Interests:Picked up our Casita Aug 2014. HE: Retired pilot, Vietnam vet, garage tinkerer, SCUBA diver, sports car enthusiast, RC aircraft and HAM radio hobbyist: KD5ETJ. SHE: exotic plant grower, history buff, SCUBA diver, writer.
  • Trailer Name:Gone Walkabout
  • Casita Club Directory #:14442

Posted 23 June 2020 - 01:48 PM

Sooo, West Texas, where did you ground your switch?? I just received a DC toggle switch (green) with a light in it. Looks like I'll need a separate ground also.

#17 West Texan

West Texan
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 356 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2020 17’ Freedom Deluxe
  • Interests:Collecting Unique Camaros
    Rebuilding Rare Chevy Pickups
    Rock and Roll Music
    Old Country and Western Music
    Camping
    Cooking Outdoors
    Cajun Food and Cajun Music
  • Trailer Name:“Day Tripper”
  • Casita Club Directory #:Do I have one?

Posted 23 June 2020 - 05:06 PM

Sooo, West Texas, where did you ground your switch?? I just received a DC toggle switch (green) with a light in it. Looks like I'll need a separate ground also.

Back in the far left hand corner under the sink, there is a called hole with two wires going through it. I ran my ground wire through that hole with the other two wires. If you pull of the lower fridge screen outside, On the lower left side, you will see the two wires coming through the hole. Just to the right of the hole and on the floor almost in front of you, you will see a grounding bar. I connected my wire to that grounding bar. Everything worked peachy keen, so it made a good grounding point for my switch. 👍🏻
If you scroll back, you will see the picture that I posted. The pink and wires are supported by that grounding bar. I attached to the same lug as that little black wire.

Edited by West Texan, 23 June 2020 - 05:09 PM.

#18 Tombrown

Tombrown
  • Casita Club Member
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:Picked up our Casita Aug 2014. HE: Retired pilot, Vietnam vet, garage tinkerer, SCUBA diver, sports car enthusiast, RC aircraft and HAM radio hobbyist: KD5ETJ. SHE: exotic plant grower, history buff, SCUBA diver, writer.

Posted 23 June 2020 - 07:27 PM

Back in the far left hand corner under the sink, there is a called hole with two wires going through it. I ran my ground wire through that hole with the other two wires. If you pull of the lower fridge screen outside, On the lower left side, you will see the two wires coming through the hole. Just to the right of the hole and on the floor almost in front of you, you will see a grounding bar. I connected my wire to that grounding bar. Everything worked peachy keen, so it made a good grounding point for my switch.
If you scroll back, you will see the picture that I posted. The pink and wires are supported by that grounding bar. I attached to the same lug as that little black wire.

Sounds good... I'll check it out. Thanks.

• West Texan likes this

#19 Tombrown

Tombrown
  • Casita Club Member
  • 126 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 05:46 PM

Well almost finished the water pump switch installation. Just some cleaning up to do.

IMG_0476.JPG

IMG_0477.JPG

IMG_0478.JPG

IMG_0531.JPG

IMG_0537.JPG

Edited by Tombrown, 25 June 2020 - 05:55 PM.

• Linda & Bob, K4TAX and West Texan like this

#20 West Texan

West Texan
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 356 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2020 17’ Freedom Deluxe
  • Interests:Collecting Unique Camaros
    Rebuilding Rare Chevy Pickups
    Rock and Roll Music
    Old Country and Western Music
    Camping
    Cooking Outdoors
    Cajun Food and Cajun Music
  • Trailer Name:“Day Tripper”
  • Casita Club Directory #:Do I have one?

Posted 25 June 2020 - 05:52 PM

Found the ground? 👍🏻
  • Tombrown likes this