• Interests:Collecting Unique Camaros
    Rebuilding Rare Chevy Pickups
    Rock and Roll Music
    Old Country and Western Music
    Camping
    Cooking Outdoors
    Cajun Food and Cajun Music
  • Trailer Name:“Day Tripper”
  • Casita Club Directory #:Do I have one?

Posted 19 May 2020 - 03:45 PM

I am looking for a little help installing this switch.
On the Spirit and Freedom models - without heaters (or I would ground to it)- where do you ground the lighted water pump switch wire? I bet it is some place simple or somewhere, I didnt see. 🥺

#2 Linda & Bob, K4TAX

Linda & Bob, K4TAX
  • Casita Club Member
  • 169 posts
  • Local time: 11:10 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:WE Sold it!
  • Trailer Name:Room 4 Two
  • Casita Club Directory #:2033

Posted 19 May 2020 - 04:11 PM

There should be a ground at the refrigerator for the 12V circuit. 

Bob, K4TAX

#3 West Texan

West Texan
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 356 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2020 17’ Freedom Deluxe
    Rock and Roll Music
    Camping
    Cooking Outdoors

Posted 19 May 2020 - 04:37 PM

Bob,
Is that on the other side of the wall or is there a connecting point under the sink?

I may have to take up yoga or whatever to be able to get in and look around in these different places.

#4 Linda & Bob, K4TAX

Linda & Bob, K4TAX
  • Casita Club Member
  • 169 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 05:05 PM

You will have to get a wire to the back side of the refrigerator.  The outside access panel should give you a better view of what is available.  I think the wires are under the carpet and under the sink area. 

Bob, K4TAX

#5 West Texan

West Texan
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 356 posts
    Rock and Roll Music
    Camping
    Cooking Outdoors

Posted 19 May 2020 - 05:17 PM

Ok. I will give it a look tomorrow afternoon from the outside. Thanks.

#6 Euphoria

Euphoria
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,264 posts
  • Local time: 09:10 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2008 17'SD
  • Casita Club Directory #:2754

Posted 23 May 2020 - 07:06 AM

There's a white wire that runs around the perimeter of the trailer near the floor, which is a common ground wire for many different 12 vdc appliances. It's probably tucked into the carpeting against the wall, but it's back there.

• Linda & Bob, K4TAX, Meadowlark and West Texan like this

"If I have seen a little further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

Sir Isaac Newton

Greg & Brenda

2008 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe

Casita Club # 2754

#7 West Texan

West Texan
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 356 posts
    Rock and Roll Music
    Camping
    Cooking Outdoors

Posted 25 May 2020 - 11:52 AM

Euphoria,
I think that I have found my ground and other voltages hidden behind the ice box like you suggested. Thanks!
Remember Folks, I am learning by asking questions and getting answers and suggestions from all of you! Many thanks!
I am still not ready to drill holes yet. LOL

Attached Thumbnails

• C9C9F2ED-6F4F-4592-98DF-D209686A3023.jpeg

Edited by West Texan, 25 May 2020 - 12:09 PM.

• Linda & Bob, K4TAX and Euphoria like this

#8 Linda & Bob, K4TAX

Linda & Bob, K4TAX
  • Casita Club Member
  • 169 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 01:38 PM

Euphoria,
I think that I have found my ground and other voltages hidden behind the ice box like you suggested. Thanks!
Remember Folks, I am learning by asking questions and getting answers and suggestions from all of you! Many thanks!

Well where those wires, white and red, come through the wall, there is likely a hole that you can wiggle one other one through. 

• West Texan likes this

#9 West Texan

West Texan
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 356 posts
    Rock and Roll Music
    Camping
    Cooking Outdoors

Posted 25 May 2020 - 08:20 PM

Euphoria,

Well where those wires, white and red, come through the wall, there is likely a hole that you can wiggle one other one through. 

Sure hoping so. There is a siliconed hole there with those wires passing through it. Figured I would pull the silicone out and check the availability of extra space. If not, it looks like I might just have to play oil field worker and do some drilling after all. At least, I will know what to expect on both sides of the wall. I will -duck tape- the wire safely in an out of the way route.
Before I even attempt the replacement, I first gotta go get me some more same gauge wire, but a lot longer. The wire I got from the store is about a foot and maybe a little longer.

#10 Meadowlark

Meadowlark
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3,269 posts
  • Local time: 08:10 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2011 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Dressage, birding, camping, reading, traveling with my photographer husband and our two cats, cooking.
    Retired US Army, active field biologist.
  • Trailer Name:Grus Egg
  • Casita Club Directory #:958

Posted 13 June 2020 - 07:04 AM

West texan, maybe no one told you this when you joined but please, understand, there is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.

That's why I'm here, I wanted to learn, I wanted to talk to people who had been there, done that with their Casita and doing so has saved me a lot of time and grief. I've asked plenty of dumba$$ questions and learned a lot from patient, kind people.

You go ahead and ask all the questions you want. Not a soul here will think less of you. Now if you WANT to be flamed, trolled, called out and generally treated like s...t, the Other Casita Forum is the place to go.  Oh, wait...didn't you say you'd been banned from that? Maybe you hurt someone's monumental ego on the Other Casita Forum and so they showed you the door. I bet that is just hurting your feelings so bad, poor thing.

Y'all saddle up and ride with us.

Edited by Meadowlark, 13 June 2020 - 07:06 AM.

These are the voyages of the small ship, "Grus Egg".

2011 17" Spirit Deluxe, "Grus Egg"

"Civilization began when we stopped eating horses and began riding them."

#11 West Texan

West Texan
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 356 posts
    Rock and Roll Music
    Camping
    Cooking Outdoors

Posted 13 June 2020 - 10:21 AM

West texan, maybe no one told you this when you joined but please, understand, there is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
That's why I'm here, I wanted to learn, I wanted to talk to people who had been there, done that with their Casita and doing so has saved me a lot of time and grief. I've asked plenty of dumba$$ questions and learned a lot from patient, kind people.

You go ahead and ask all the questions you want. Not a soul here will think less of you. Now if you WANT to be flamed, trolled, called out and generally treated like s...t, the Other Casita Forum is the place to go.  Oh, wait...didn't you say you'd been banned from that? Maybe you hurt someone's monumental ego on the Other Casita Forum and so they showed you the door. I bet that is just hurting your feelings so bad, poor thing.

Y'all saddle up and ride with us.

Meadowlark,
The >ask a dumb question<, is a phrase I and the other eight voices in my head, use commonly. I use that instead of saying, >Hey! All of you know it alls, can you come off your high horse and take some of your precious time and tell me where/how I can ........?<. LOL Seriously, I think it is a nice way of asking everyone the question that I may have or of a concern about something. 😉 I also think that it would get a few more replies asking the first way. LOL
The Casita is new to me in that I have never had to deal with electrical components, water line routings, or such.
My >Home Away From Home< motorcycle camper is a tent trailer with a fold out bed and a storage area In the basement. I had an extension cord and a surge protector to supply power for my heater, fans, tube light, and charging devices. My power came from a Honda Gen, when I did not have shore power.
Water was in a bottle along with my Coca Colas in the cooler on the tongue. Cooking gear and eating utensils are stored in the basement, until used. Pillows, blankets (and the electric blanket), and sleeping bag were folded and stored in the basement. Lots of storage in that basement! LOL
I am used to camping, but not in the 5 star way. All of the other amenities are things that I need to learn about. I will attempt to tinker with mods and some things, but I also want to ask questions about those things, before I could damage something.
With all of that said, I will keep asking >dumb< questions (politely) and knowing that I am in no ways dumb, but only curious, inquisitive, and being safe. 😉
Yeppers, I evidently posted too many LOLs on that board. As you can see, I like making funny remarks about things, hoping to put a chuckle, laugh, or smile on someones face. It is just my nature to try and make people smile.
I received a message that other(s) did not want my sense of humor in their posts and that I needed to be serious in my posts! I mentioned to him that it was funny that others were rude to other members, knew everything, and did not even have a Casita, yet nothing was done to stop them! Notice: I have nothing against anyone who does not own a Casita! I personally say, > Bring what ya got and lets go camping!<. I own a Honda Goldwing and a Harley Street Glide, but I dont go around knocking what people choose to ride! I wave at people on mopeds, scooters, and trail bikes, when on the road.
It seemed to be a good board to a point, but with the personal clicks, sarcasm, and personal attacks, I did not need it in my iPhone menu, so I asked him to delete my account. Am I going to lose sleep over it? Nope! I have found more people here that are friendlier.
Off my soapbox and off to find some lunch! 😎

Edited by West Texan, 13 June 2020 - 11:33 AM.

#12 Meadowlark

Meadowlark
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3,269 posts
  • Interests:Dressage, birding, camping, reading, traveling with my photographer husband and our two cats, cooking.

Posted 13 June 2020 - 02:34 PM

MAybe what you should have done, WTex, if the people on the other forum didn't like funny remarks in your posts was to put a frowny face in your posts. Like this thmbup  That way the prunefaces would be happy. It would tell them that you were being Very Serious.

I have a feeling that they didn't like your funny remarks because they didn't understand them. Takes a high level of intelligence to get jokes, you know... thmbup

See how that works? BOy, that's the first and second time I ever used THAT emoji.

#13 clover

clover
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,583 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17' SD

Posted 15 June 2020 - 05:07 AM

At the other forum only a selective set of people are allowed to have a sense of humor and others are allowed to constantly post a meaningless replies to a post/question that adds nothing to the discussion.  Or they have no direct experience around the topic.

Some folks just like to hear themselves talk (post) and that is OK, however seems wrong when only a selected few are allowed that privilege. 

Several years ago a member was told he had too many "friends" in his profile and had to remove some of them. 

If you hurt the "feelings" of certain snowflakes they will come after you with a vengeance for no apparent reason.  One of the folks that posts a reply to just about everything was someone my son & I helped when this person first got a Casita and was in panic mode on the forum. We extended an invitation to come down to our area and we would help with Casita 101. I even donated some extra spare parts I had on hand. This person made a side remark..."I'm pretty good at using people....." which struck me as very odd.... a year of so later this person turned on me like a rattle snake that had been stepped on. No offense was stated to me. One of the long time rally hosts speculated it was an effort to be "the Diva" of the forum 

• Linda & Bob, K4TAX and Meadowlark like this

Happy Trails!
Clover
2003 17' SD
2002 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
(I know it is overkill but we live on a real ranch it takes a vacation with the Casita)

#14 Meadowlark

Meadowlark
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 07:45 AM

I know a clique when I smell one, which is why I've stayed a long long ways from The Other Forum. My husband was on it for a short while, asked a not so dumb question and was called just this short of 'stupid'. Right. The man is an engineer with a PhD in physics...I hardly think of him as stupid, just trusting. Their loss!

#15 Linda & Bob, K4TAX

Linda & Bob, K4TAX
  • Casita Club Member
  • 169 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 06:46 AM

I know a clique when I smell one, which is why I've stayed a long long ways from The Other Forum. My husband was on it for a short while, asked a not so dumb question and was called just this short of 'stupid'. Right. The man is an engineer with a PhD in physics...I hardly think of him as stupid, just trusting. Their loss!

Yea, I got kicked off of the other site as well.  And frankly I'm better off mentally.  I really got tired of having to mentally walk on egg shells and not break any of them.   Those folks seem to have their feelings on their cuffs. 

Bob