• Interests:Collecting Unique Camaros
    Rebuilding Rare Chevy Pickups
    Rock and Roll Music
    Old Country and Western Music
    Camping
    Cooking Outdoors
    Cajun Food and Cajun Music
  • Trailer Name:“Day Tripper”
  • Casita Club Directory #:Do I have one?

Posted 02 March 2020 - 07:46 AM

This coming weekend, I will be meeting my Buddy and his wife at Sweetwater for a long weekend of camping. Woo Hoo!
Time to put my camping skills back to work. I will see what is missing to go full blown camping in the Day Tripper! I still need to figure out the what goes where situation, but it will probably change several times throughout the years to come.

#2 clover

clover
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,583 posts
  • Local time: 12:15 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17' SD

Posted 02 March 2020 - 07:56 PM

Yes, it will change many times. Depending on venue, your needs/wants, season, traveling partner (two or four legged). 

I use to be able to keep 4 seasons of clothes in the Casita when my son was 5-12 years old. Now that he has hit that "grew 8" in a year" mode, I have a hard time putting a 4 day weekend of clothes in the overhead cabinet I used in the past and enough food on-board to fill his stomach (hollow leg).

Our furry family configuration changed. Still two rather small dogs. In the past one small dog slept under the back bed (Corgi) it was her personal cave, while the Dachshund always slept with one of use well buried under the covers. The current Corgi requires a K-9 Kart (wheelchair) and insists on being underfoot at all times while in the Casita. The Dachshund had back surgery in December and can't be trusted to stay up on a bed. The Corgi Cave is now re-purposed for one slide in storage box and a Hot Dog bed in the other half. 

Just like our home after each move, I wonder why there is some stuff we hold onto that has been worthless for a number of years. 

Happy Trails!
Clover
2003 17' SD
2002 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
(I know it is overkill but we live on a real ranch it takes a vacation with the Casita)