• Interests:Collecting Unique Camaros
    Rebuilding Rare Chevy Pickups
    Rock and Roll Music
    Old Country and Western Music
    Camping
    Cooking Outdoors
    Cajun Food and Cajun Music
  • Trailer Name:“Day Tripper”
  • Casita Club Directory #:Do I have one?

Posted 04 February 2020 - 09:25 PM

Do you use power strips in your Casita?
I am wishing that I would been able to have gotten more outlets installed.
The one by the entrance is a little in the way, when plugging something in to it and going in and out the door.
The one under the side dinette is a little hard for me to reach down and plug things in.
The one on the cabinet is good for using and charging my iPhone and Bluetooth speaker.
The one in the overhead has my tv and blueray plugged in to it.
The one in the microwave pantry will have the microwave plugged in to it and then, I will have a spare plug for something else there.
I gotta plug in the ice maker and kuerig somewhere! I could use the power strip plugged in under the dinette for those two things and maybe a few other small things that dont draw a lot of current, if need be.

Edited by West Texan, 04 February 2020 - 09:26 PM.

#2 therio

therio
  • Casita Club Member
  • 27 posts
  • Local time: 12:06 PM

Posted 05 February 2020 - 04:16 AM

I have a power strip attached to a cup holder/pencil holder (homemade) on the side dinette where it is more convenient to plug in phone chargers, computer, etc.  I have also attached a power strip on the left (from inside the trailer) of the door which makes it more convenient to use the outlet under the closet door.  We usually use it to plug in a re-chargable flashlight and electric space heater when needed.  I am sure there are countless other arrangements but this works well for us.  Modern conveniences require too many "wall warts"  :-)  

#3 Hot Toddy

Hot Toddy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 722 posts
  • Local time: 12:06 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Spirit Deluxe - 17'
  • Interests:Camping, hiking, cooking, gardening, yoga and meditation.
  • Trailer Name:Kerouac

Posted 05 February 2020 - 07:22 AM

I too have a 17' Spirit Deluxe and wish I would have had Casita install an outlet on the opposite seat under the dinette. I think that would make all the difference in teh world for having access to outlets. The problem with a power strip is that it takes up an outlet to plug it into so it becomes slightly counterintuitive. :-(

Toddy

#4 Meadowlark

Meadowlark
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3,269 posts
  • Local time: 09:06 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2011 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Dressage, birding, camping, reading, traveling with my photographer husband and our two cats, cooking.
    Retired US Army, active field biologist.
  • Trailer Name:Grus Egg
  • Casita Club Directory #:958

Posted 05 February 2020 - 09:21 AM

We're lucky..I mean us Casitans. I think Casita normally puts in several more than three. Or maybe it was my decision. Either way, when we were shopping for campers in 2010, we went to two RV shows and I had a checklist of what I wanted in a camper. One of the 'must haves' was "Lots of electrical outlets'. Of all the brands we saw...and none, by the way, were fiberglas...not a single one of them had any more than three outlets at the most. At least two of them had an outlet waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay underneath a bunk.  and there was always one by the sink. None were where you could safely store a phone or put a coffeemaker.

So........when we ordered our 2011 SD I demanded Lots of electrical outlets...and got them. I can't remember if they came stock, but we have seven.

That being said, we haven't had the need to use a power strip, but I can't imagine why one couldn't.

• Jerrybob likes this

These are the voyages of the small ship, "Grus Egg".

2011 17" Spirit Deluxe, "Grus Egg"

"Civilization began when we stopped eating horses and began riding them."