2 replies to this topic

#1 danecasita

danecasita
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 11:12 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe 17

Posted 29 January 2020 - 12:26 PM

My hood vent does not work.  The light in the hood vent is very dim.  Also the light over the sink works but it is very dim.  All of the other lights in the camper work fine.

Any ideas why this area is not working properly?

Thanks in advance.

#2 Jim&Clare

Jim&Clare
  • Casita Club Member
  • 178 posts
  • Local time: 06:12 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:SOLD 2002 Bigfoot 17
  • Interests:Retired from Orbital Machine Works

Posted 29 January 2020 - 12:51 PM

My hood vent does not work.  The light in the hood vent is very dim.  Also the light over the sink works but it is very dim.  All of the other lights in the camper work fine.

Any ideas why this area is not working properly?

Thanks in advance.

Check all your 12v fuses.  If blown, the indicator led allows just enough current through for low-current downstream stuff to almost work.

Retired from Orbital Machine Works

Saw the country in a 2002 Bigfoot 17 - now sold.

Where is Jim now? Hiding in the UK until Covid passes.

#3 Euphoria

Euphoria
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,261 posts
  • Local time: 10:12 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2008 17'SD
  • Casita Club Directory #:2754

Posted 29 January 2020 - 02:07 PM

The wiring for the under cabinet sink light, and the range hood light/exhaust fan, and also the Scotch Lock wire connectors are run under the glued down carpeting on the bottom of the overhead cabinet. From there, it runs down (also under the carpeting) to the bottom cabinets and the wiring harness. It's not uncommon for a bad electrical connection or a poorly spliced Scotch Lock connector to create problems. I'd check the wiring connections with a VOM, set to low DC Voltage setting, and see just what you're getting for power at the lights and fan.

As part of a different project, I removed all the glued down carpeting on the bottoms of all the forward overhead cabinets on both sides. This is a view of the one over the side dinette after removing the carpeting and old adhesive. You can kinda get an idea of how Casita runs their wiring inside the cabinets. You'll find the same type of wiring over the galley area as well.

The last one is my cabinet over the stove, in which I laid trimmed sections of Dri-Dek panels, which makes for a nice level floor in the cabinet now, so my kitchen spices stay standing up much better. It's also much easier to clean if something did spill as opposed to carpeting, but that's another story...

xxx 003 (Medium).JPG xxx 002 (Medium).JPG  spicecabinet.JPG

Edited by Euphoria, 29 January 2020 - 02:21 PM.

• Jerrybob likes this

"If I have seen a little further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

Sir Isaac Newton

Greg & Brenda

2008 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe

Casita Club # 2754