• Interests:Collecting Unique Camaros
    Rebuilding Rare Chevy Pickups
    Rock and Roll Music
    Old Country and Western Music
    Camping
    Cooking Outdoors
    Cajun Food and Cajun Music
  • Trailer Name:“Day Tripper”
  • Casita Club Directory #:Do I have one?

Posted 10 December 2019 - 06:48 PM

Got a call from a riding buddy to see if I had taken my Casita to Big Bend. I told him that there is more than my one out in this world, but mine is parked at the house. He had seen a Casita on the road, while riding down there this last weekend and was asking. LOL

#2 clover

clover
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,583 posts
  • Local time: 11:19 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17' SD

Posted 11 December 2019 - 06:22 AM

That is funny, I had a similar experience. A few years ago, a new family to our area joined our church family. When he came by the house he was fascinated by our Casita. Fast forward into the next winter, we managed to get he and his 11 year old son onto a local Youth Hunt. The weather was going to be bitter cold with a mix of freezing rain & snow. Tent camping was all that was available at the location. I let them use our Casita as their hunting cabin, I didn't want to see his young son disliking his first hunt because he was miserably wet and cold. 

After that hunt they both would report how many times they would see a Casita on the road when traveling. The father said, "I never saw one in the past, there must be much more of them on the highways these days" I laughed. This is not unlike my 17yr old son's fascination with the Tesla  and Maserati cars, I never noticed them on the highway until he pointed them out  to me. 

Happy Trails!
Clover
2003 17' SD
2002 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
(I know it is overkill but we live on a real ranch it takes a vacation with the Casita)

#3 vermilye

vermilye
  • Casita Club Member
  • 430 posts
  • Local time: 12:19 AM
  • Interests:Photography, travel

Posted 11 December 2019 - 09:15 AM

There were three Casitas in the Rio Grande Village hook up sites when I was at the dry campground November 14th.

#4 West Texan

West Texan
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 356 posts
  • Local time: 11:19 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2020 17’ Freedom Deluxe
  • Interests:Collecting Unique Camaros
    Rebuilding Rare Chevy Pickups
    Rock and Roll Music
    Old Country and Western Music
    Camping
    Cooking Outdoors
    Cajun Food and Cajun Music
  • Trailer Name:“Day Tripper”
  • Casita Club Directory #:Do I have one?

Posted 12 December 2019 - 12:10 AM

Clover,
I never saw a Casita, until I went looking to get one. I had seen a Scamp at the 2011 Terlingua Chili Cook-off.
As for vehicles, I never see one or one of the like, until I buy one, then they are all over the place! LOL
Two of my Camaros arent like that. I have two of fifty made and the other forty-eight are east of Atlanta! I also have another Camaro that is serial number 100/100! I never saw any like these before I got them and may never see another one. ;)