• Casita Model/Size:2013 Patriot Deluxe - 13'
  • Interests:Kayaking, birdwatching, hiking
  • Trailer Name:Sassie Cassie

Posted 01 November 2019 - 07:52 AM

Who: owners or fans of small fiberglass trailers

What: Thanksgiving with N Tx Casita Owners

When: Nov 11-Dec 11, 2019. Feel free to come early/stay later

Where: Lady Bird Johnson Municipal Park Cg, Fredericksburg, Tx

Why: The holidays are gorgeous in this cute, historical Texas hill country town. Lots to see/do in the area.

How: Make your reservation through "reserveamerica". Host site #40. Please PM me your arrival/departure dates & site # after you've made your reservation. Safe travels, y'all & happy holidays.................please note, this is a "gathering" not a rally. we'll enjoy a few potlucks, go sightseeing together, etc, but the agenda will remain open & flexible.

Edited by clairemr1, 08 November 2019 - 01:58 PM.

claire and merlin, excellent schnoodle

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host

#2 clairemr1

clairemr1
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,452 posts
  • Local time: 01:28 PM

Posted 02 November 2019 - 07:35 AM

update: several fiberglass owners have offered interesting sightseeing  suggestions in the area for those attending this gathering. some of the many attractions suggested include 1. national museum of the pacific war 2. pioneer museum 3. wildseed farms 4. any of the many vineyards in the area 5. city tour via trolley 6. bat viewing at old tunnel state park 7. vereins kirche museum 8. fredericksburg trade days 9. fort martin scott 10. red barn antique mall 11. a visit to luckenbach 12. fredericksburg herb farm.

fredericksburg offers a wide variety of restaurants & holiday displays are expected to be in full view. happy holidays, y'all

Edited by clairemr1, 02 November 2019 - 05:25 PM.

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host

#3 Dutchman

Dutchman
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3,304 posts
  • Local time: 11:28 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17SD "Pura Vida"
  • Interests:kayaking, bicycling, nature, history, aviation, musea, traditional jazz music, piano player, full timer. member Escapees rv club
  • Casita Club Directory #:1372

Posted 02 November 2019 - 05:01 PM

It's been at least a dozen years since I visited Fredericksburg. I remember a nice German restaurant where I had a solid German lunch and shared an international table with an American rancher, his Australian wife and a Mexican ranch hand. The pioneer museum with the old homes is very interesting. The German history of the place is also worth researching. There is even a Stad Friedhof, i.e. a town cemetery, with most headstones with German names. Sadly, some very young children. Also, for history buffs, Admiral Chester Nimitz was born in Fredericksburg. His house is still there on the main street.

At the time I stayed nearby at Kerrville Schreiner (state/city, can't remember which) park along the Guadalupe river. There is an upper section, heavily wooded and away from traffic with lots of deer.

Nice memory,
Dutchman

Edited by Dutchman, 02 November 2019 - 05:02 PM.

• clairemr1 likes this

Edouard Trautwein, #1372  

'03 17SD "Pura Vida"
'99 Toyota 4Runner, 3.4L V6 -

Casita living - Luxury on two wheels.

HOME IS WHERE I PARK IT !   

#4 clairemr1

clairemr1
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 05:28 PM

It's been at least a dozen years since I visited Fredericksburg. I remember a nice German restaurant where I had a solid German lunch and shared an international table with an American rancher, his Australian wife and a Mexican ranch hand. The pioneer museum with the old homes is very interesting. The German history of the place is also worth researching. There is even a Stad Friedhof, i.e. a town cemetery, with most headstones with German names. Sadly, some very young children. Also, for history buffs, Admiral Chester Nimitz was born in Fredericksburg. His house is still there on the main street.

At the time I stayed nearby at Kerrville Schreiner (state/city, can't remember which) park along the Guadalupe river. There is an upper section, heavily wooded and away from traffic with lots of deer.

Nice memory,
Dutchman

sure wish you could come join us, dutchman

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host

#5 Dutchman

Dutchman
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3,304 posts
  • Local time: 11:28 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2003 17SD "Pura Vida"
  • Interests:kayaking, bicycling, nature, history, aviation, musea, traditional jazz music, piano player, full timer. member Escapees rv club
  • Casita Club Directory #:1372

Posted 02 November 2019 - 06:23 PM

I hope to be able to join you in the near future. At present I am pointed in the direction of Tucson, then Wickenburg. After that, quen sabe (who knows). I have good memories of places visited in Texas as a 'winter Texan'. One slightly different visit was a month spent in Mission, TX, at Twin Lakes RV park, which for some reason had been
completely taken over by French speaking Quebecois. I had a great opportunity to revive my long ago forgotten French. And, even more different, I was, a non catholic, invited by French neighbors for a Spanish/English mass in a nearby basilica. The music for the entire service was provided by a twelve piece mariachi orchestra. And that was one swinging service.

French, in Texas. Right ?! With Mexican music.

Bonne nuit or buenas noches,

Dutchman
  • clairemr1 likes this

Edouard Trautwein, #1372  

'03 17SD "Pura Vida"
'99 Toyota 4Runner, 3.4L V6 -

Casita living - Luxury on two wheels.

HOME IS WHERE I PARK IT !   

#6 Mark Watson

Mark Watson
  • Casita Club Member
  • 582 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2008 FD 17

Posted 07 November 2019 - 09:09 AM

"French, in Texas. Right ?! With Mexican music."

That's nuttier than a fruit cake. 

• clairemr1 likes this

Mark Watson

Houston,Tx
2008 17' FD

#7 clairemr1

clairemr1
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 07:07 AM

update:  please PM me with your arrival/departure dates & site # if you plan to join us. campground rate for the entire time period (11/11-12/11/2019) is $15.00/nite plus one time $7.00 processing fee. safe travels, y'all & happy holidays.......

Edited by clairemr1, 08 November 2019 - 07:07 AM.

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lady Bird Johnson Municipal P