2 replies to this topic

#1 nbelmont

nbelmont
  • Casita Club Member
  • 4 posts
  • Local time: 07:36 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:17 foot

Posted 09 September 2019 - 03:09 PM

Hi All, I'm Nancy. I bought my Casita last summer and took off for 3 months. Went this summer also.I'm lovin' my Casita. I love in Dripping Springs, Texas. I'd really enjoy a rally. I save to every Casita driver I see.
I have several questions.
Do I need to grease bearings?
Has anyone had a cover made specifically for their Casita?
There's a whole by the tv plug. I can't figure out what it's for. Someone said you put something in it to check battery level.
When I put up the camper for long times, do I remove propane tanks?
Someone told me to put pink antifreeze in camp? Where and when and why?

#2 Bruce44

Bruce44
  • Casita Club Member
  • 51 posts
  • Local time: 07:36 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2008 17'

Posted 15 September 2019 - 10:45 AM

Welcome to the forum.  I will try to answer some questions - I live in S. Austin near Slaughter & S. 1st. 

Bearings -  yes you do need to grease them - how often, I don't know.  Your new Casita is probably different axle & wheels then mine.

Calmark I think is the brand most people use (search & you can probably find out) - I don't think it is specific for Casita.

I think that hole is a standard DC plug - like a car cigarette lighter that most people use to charge cell phones.

Why antifreeze? - to keep pipes from freezing & possibly bursting (causing damage) when the Casita is stored.  We have camped all 12 months so I don't use it.  We have spent Christmas time on S. padre & I was in shorts & T- shirt. One year in Davis Mts. it got down to 10 deg. I won't recommend what I do but has worked for us.

#3 Jerrybob

Jerrybob
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,007 posts
  • Local time: 05:36 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Maintain 6 acres, travel in my Casita, enjoying life

Posted 19 September 2019 - 08:51 AM

Welcome aboard.....Casita's are the best.   Looks like most of your questions have been answered.  You do not need to remove your propane tanks for storage...unless you think someone will steal them.  Regarding bearings.....some people have them serviced every year.  I personally check mine every two years.....to be honest they never really need grease but I pack them anyways....just a preventative thing....you don't want to loose a bearing when on a trip.  A lot of folks carry an extra set of bearings just in case.  Most Casita's have a easy grease fitting for adding grease....I don't like them....they can cause a lot of problems.  Better to hand pack bearings.  If you don't know how...take it to an RV place....cheap insurance...they will also check your brakes while servicing.  Have fun in your trailer....safe travels   

• NASA42 B likes this