#1 grandblueheron

grandblueheron
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 05:39 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:17' independence delux

Posted 12 July 2019 - 09:01 AM

Hi,

We just bought a 2017 Independence after an extensive search of various products.  We have owned a marvelous 2009 T@B and 25'Airstream and choose to go in between.

We are tent campers, or were until we hit our 60's, and love to be outdoors.  We will boondock when the opportunity arrises, and will stay on the road for a week or a month.  We try to stay off the interstates.

We have two Havanese dogs that travel with us, enjoy gourmet cooking at our campsite and anything to do with water features.

We are just learning our Casita which we call The Pearl (the last owner removed all decals).  Karyn, a member of ASID has already provisioned The Pearl and created new fabrics consistent with the theme that The Pearl is her new beach house.

#2 Casita couple

Casita couple
  • Casita Club Member
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 02:39 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Liberty 17 Deluxe

Posted 12 July 2019 - 09:12 AM

Congratulations. We have a 2008 Liberty Deluxe that we have had for almost a year. I raised the body by adding 4" raising blocks and added the two step assembly. We have used it 5-6 times for short 3-5 day trips in Central California. We used to have a Heilite tent trailer. Single wheel with a fold out tent on top. My wifes family had one that they pulled all over the US, Canada and Mexico (the benefits of being teachers and having the summer off every year!). 

We love our Casita and I am sure you will enjoy yours as well. 

Reading your sentence about having two Havanese dogs made me smile. If you read the sentence fast, it seems like the Havanese Dogs enjoy gourmet cooking........ I'd like to see that!

Have fun with "Pearl". 

#3 Jerrybob

Jerrybob
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,029 posts
  • Local time: 01:39 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Maintain 6 acres, travel in my Casita, enjoying life

Posted 12 July 2019 - 08:18 PM

Congrats and welcome.  Casita's are great little trailers....so much fun and easy.  Safe travels.....enjoy!!