4 replies to this topic

#1 Beadfingers

Beadfingers
  • Casita Club Member
  • 23 posts
  • Local time: 10:50 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2007 Spirit Deluxe/ 17

Posted 16 June 2019 - 04:00 PM

Had a great test trip into the mountains for an overnight and discovered that after being on the road a couple of hours the shower floor was wet. Perhaps a half cup to a cup's worth of water.   There was no odor, water was clean, and the shower pan valve was closed off.  It happened again on the ride home. Any suggestions as to how I can fiigure out where the water might be coming from?

Thanks in advance...

Julia

#2 Euphoria

Euphoria
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,112 posts
  • Local time: 08:50 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2008 17'SD
  • Casita Club Directory #:2754

Posted 17 June 2019 - 07:17 AM

It is not uncommon for the shower drain valve to not fully seat when being shut due to some obstruction in the valve body and gate, such as hair, gunk, and virtually anything else that could find its way down the drain, but if you're confident that this isn't the condition, then I would suspect the flushing water line at the back of the toilet. Sometimes they develop cracks in the waterline fittings, resulting in leaks, and it also isn't uncommon for that fitting on the back of the toilet to have been cross-threaded, (often right from the factory during installation.) There really isn't much else in the bathroom other than the little corner sink, which is generally not a problem, and would probably be pretty obvious if it was leaking.

• Beadfingers likes this

"If I have seen a little further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

Sir Isaac Newton

Greg & Brenda

2008 17' Casita Spirit Super Dooper Deluxe

2016 Chevy Silverado, Crew Cab 5.8L V-8, 4X4

2004 Nissan Frontier, Crew Cab, V-6 2WD

Casita Club # 2754

#3 Beadfingers

Beadfingers
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 23 posts
  • Local time: 10:50 AM
  • Casita Model/Size:2007 Spirit Deluxe/ 17

Posted 17 June 2019 - 08:03 AM

Thanks Euphoria!  I'll look into those potential sources.  

Julia

#4 Carol Christensen

Carol Christensen
  • Rally Organizer
  • 3,250 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2005 17' LD - "Nova"
  • Interests:Travel, camping, pets, mother nature, wildlife behavior, being outdoors to enjoy it all.
  • Casita Club Directory #:1009

Posted 18 June 2019 - 10:14 PM

If it's not the shower drain valve (which could have been left open), it could be that the water level in the toilet bowl is too high.  That happened to us once --- don't know why the water level was high.

Edited by Carol Christensen, 18 June 2019 - 10:19 PM.

• Beadfingers likes this
Carol Christensen
2005 17' LD Nova & 2001 Toyota 4Runner

pre-Nova was Ova-the-Rainbow 1999 17' LD (sold)

Don't believe everything you think.

#5 Euphoria

Euphoria
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,112 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2008 17'SD
  • Casita Club Directory #:2754

Posted 19 June 2019 - 06:40 AM

If it's not the shower drain valve (which could have been left open), it could be that the water level in the toilet bowl is too high.  That happened to us once --- don't know why the water level was high.

Makes another good argument for installing the toilet flushing water line shut-off valve. With it, I can shut off the water supply to it and step on the pedal to drain the bowl for transit, without having to turn off the water to the trailer completely, if I want to use it for other things before pulling out.

• Beadfingers likes this

"If I have seen a little further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

Sir Isaac Newton

Greg & Brenda

2008 17' Casita Spirit Super Dooper Deluxe

2016 Chevy Silverado, Crew Cab 5.8L V-8, 4X4

2004 Nissan Frontier, Crew Cab, V-6 2WD

Casita Club # 2754