4 replies to this topic

#1 PapaTango

PapaTango
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 11:34 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:'12 Spirit Deluxe 17

Posted 11 June 2019 - 03:46 PM

My wife and I recently purchased a 2012 Spirit Deluxe 17'. I've joined the forum to learn how to maximize the potential of our Casita.

• Smokymtgirl03 likes this

#2 Raccoon11

Raccoon11
  • Casita Club Member
  • 8 posts
  • Local time: 08:34 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:17 SD
  • Interests:Grandsons, learning to play a banjo, fixing stuff and traveling.
  • Trailer Name:Amelia

Posted 11 June 2019 - 03:53 PM

Welcome to the group. Maximizing potential is somewhat dependent on what your plans are for using the Casita. For example, if you expect to do a lot of boondocking, you'll likely need to look into generators and/or solar sources of off-grid electrical sources, but save your money if you are inclined to stay in campgrounds with full hook-ups. My guess is that you'll discover what you enjoy doing most and look into what modifications or additions will enhance those activities.  Good luck regardless.

Russell

#3 Smokymtgirl03

Smokymtgirl03
  • Casita Club Member
  • 56 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2000 Spirit Deluxe 17ft
  • Interests:Working on #2, a 1997 16 Ft Freedom Deluxe now that Annie is finished. Camping,Fly Fishing, Hiking, Paddling (Canoe and Kayak),Pretty much anything outside...
  • Trailer Name:Raggedy Annie and #2

Posted 11 June 2019 - 06:31 PM

Welcome to the family.  You have joined an unbelievable wealth of information.   These folks can help figure out everything from the simple "I can't believe I did that" problems to major issues and everything in between.  There is no limit on what you can do with your Casita.  Knowing what you want, is the hard part.  The more you use it, the more you'll love it.   Safe travels!

#4 Jerrybob

Jerrybob
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,004 posts
  • Local time: 08:34 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Maintain 6 acres, travel in my Casita, enjoying life

Posted 12 June 2019 - 08:48 AM

Welcome.....Casita's are great little trailers....have fun.....lots of great trips ahead....safe travels. 

#5 NASA42 B

NASA42 B
  • Casita Club Member
  • 500 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Liberty 17 Deluxe
  • Interests:Family, Reading, RVing, History, some community service, and my rescue cat named "Alley" at home...
  • Trailer Name:NASA42 - B

Posted 12 June 2019 - 03:28 PM

PapaTango......

Welcome to this Casita clan.  As you've already found,  folks here are open and ready and willing to share knowledge and opinions (not always the same!) on issues, options, and/or problems.  But ultimately it's not the Casita's potential that gets maximized.....it's your own!   It's the perfect "tool" to provide an ever-renewing and enjoyable bucket list.

Enjoy!    Hope to meet you somewhere down the road.

Frank   :rolleyes: