• Casita Club Member
  • 4 posts
  • Local time: 07:54 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2019 Spirit Deluxe 17'
  • Interests:Skydiving, backpacking, cooking, gardening
  • Trailer Name:Little Chet

Posted 04 June 2019 - 05:34 PM

Hi everyone,

My husband and I are new owners of a 2019 Spirit 17 Deluxe.  We've been saving up for a Casita for years and are thrilled that the dream is finally a reality.  We're not retired yet, but are getting a little bit too old to be sleeping in the back of our truck all the time.  :-)  We've been using it every week so far, dry camping at our weekend job site, and love our home away from home.  I've heard that owning a Casita would be like joining a cult, and now I see why!  

These forums have been a wealth of information, and we hope to run into some of you one of these days!  

Trina and Tim

• Smokymtgirl03 likes this

#2 NASA42 B

NASA42 B
  • Casita Club Member
  • 500 posts
  • Local time: 10:54 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Liberty 17 Deluxe
  • Interests:Family, Reading, RVing, History, some community service, and my rescue cat named "Alley" at home...
  • Trailer Name:NASA42 - B

Posted 04 June 2019 - 06:17 PM

Trina, Tim.....

Congratulations on your choice of rig....and welcome to this Casita clan!  Clearly, you've been enjoying your initial  jaunts.  It's time to start your "Casita bucket list"....for at least the 1st year.   After that I believe you'll enjoy finding that the number of places you want to visit, see, and enjoy will just keep multiplying.  

Hope to meet you somewhere down the road.

Frank   :rolleyes:

• Smokymtgirl03 and oxmattson like this

#3 Jerrybob

Jerrybob
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,004 posts
  • Local time: 07:54 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Maintain 6 acres, travel in my Casita, enjoying life

Posted 04 June 2019 - 09:16 PM

Welcome and congrats....Casita's are the best trailers out there and Casita owners are very special people......all are good looking and nice.   Enjoy that trailer...have fun and safe travels.  

• Smokymtgirl03 and oxmattson like this

#4 Smokymtgirl03

Smokymtgirl03
  • Casita Club Member
  • 56 posts
  • Local time: 10:54 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2000 Spirit Deluxe 17ft
  • Interests:Working on #2, a 1997 16 Ft Freedom Deluxe now that Annie is finished. Camping,Fly Fishing, Hiking, Paddling (Canoe and Kayak),Pretty much anything outside...
  • Trailer Name:Raggedy Annie and #2

Posted 05 June 2019 - 05:04 AM

Welcome to the family!  Casitas can be an addiction.  I love to "rescue" abused, misused, and helpless Casitas, and remodel them.  I also have a 2019 23ft Airstream Flying Cloud.  That will someday be "home", but the Casita is still my favorite camper.

• NASA42 B and oxmattson like this

#5 Hot Toddy

Hot Toddy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 578 posts
  • Local time: 09:54 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Spirit Deluxe - 17'
  • Interests:Camping, hiking, cooking, gardening, and yoga.
  • Trailer Name:Kerouac

Posted 05 June 2019 - 10:18 AM

Be grateful that you didn't wait until retirement to purchase your Casita. With love and care they will last forever, so just think of the many more years of use you will get out of yours. I bought mine at 49 and although we are both still working and relegated to vacations and weekend camping, we will have a good 15 years of use on most retirees. I could see myself full-timing in ours one day, but the hubbs is a chef so he will always need a "base-camp" for his kitchen. We have our rig set-up for him to cook, but long-term would be like asking an artist to paint with crayons. Ha!

Toddy

• Smokymtgirl03 likes this