• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 hzmat54

hzmat54
  • Casita Club Member
  • 18 posts
  • Local time: 04:08 AM

Posted 28 May 2019 - 06:50 PM

Just wanting to introduce myself to the forum. I'm exciting to be here. Looking forward to purchasing a casita camper to enjoy.i have been researching the casita for a while and know this is the perfect camper for me.

#2 clairemr1

clairemr1
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,414 posts
  • Local time: 10:08 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Patriot Deluxe - 13'
  • Interests:Kayaking, birdwatching, hiking
  • Trailer Name:Sassie Cassie

Posted 29 May 2019 - 05:48 AM

welcome! you might want to add more details in your profile, such as your location, etc. helps folks get to know you better. and yes, the casita is the perfect camper for you, go get ya one asap, attend a rally or 2, you'll learn a lot & enjoy it!.............

• Smokymtgirl03 likes this

claire and merlin, excellent schnoodle

2015 white toyota tacoma

rally host

#3 hzmat54

hzmat54
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 08:17 AM

Hi thank you for the welcome. I'm a widow for 5 years and am ready to start travelling some. I live in west Texas so not many trees.looking forward to taking some shorter trips to start, but would love to attend a rally when I have a little more confidence. Hopefully my grandson will want to go with me this summer.
  • clairemr1 and Smokymtgirl03 like this

#4 Jerrybob

Jerrybob
  • Casita Club Member
  • 1,004 posts
  • Local time: 08:08 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Spirit Deluxe
  • Interests:Maintain 6 acres, travel in my Casita, enjoying life

Posted 29 May 2019 - 09:50 AM

Welcome....Casita's are the best.  Hope you find one soon and enjoy some camping.  Safe travels. 

#5 hzmat54

hzmat54
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 03:51 PM

Thank you Jerrybob. Found one and am super excited to pick it up.
  • Jerrybob and Smokymtgirl03 like this

#6 Hot Toddy

Hot Toddy
  • Casita Club Member
  • 578 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:2013 Spirit Deluxe - 17'
  • Interests:Camping, hiking, cooking, gardening, and yoga.
  • Trailer Name:Kerouac

Posted 29 May 2019 - 04:16 PM

Welcome to the club! Live in it in your driveway until you fall in love with her. Then it wont feel so intimidating to take her on the road. The more time you spend in her the more curious you will become on how she works and youll learn her quickly. The best thing about a Casita is their simplicity!

Toddy

Edited by Hot Toddy, 30 May 2019 - 03:53 AM.

#7 NASA42 B

NASA42 B
  • Casita Club Member
  • 500 posts
  • Local time: 11:08 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:Liberty 17 Deluxe
  • Interests:Family, Reading, RVing, History, some community service, and my rescue cat named "Alley" at home...
  • Trailer Name:NASA42 - B

Posted 29 May 2019 - 04:35 PM

hzmat54.......

clairmr1, Jerrybob, and Toddy's welcome and comments are spot on.  Your mention of your Grandson was a great idea.  I take each of my 2 grandsons  (ages 9 and 13) on an individual weekend jaunt each year.  They get a kick at the individual attention and adventure in being in the Casita for the weekend....and the "treat" (endless UNO games and a visit to an animal sanctuary or other attraction) that accompanies it........and you'd enjoy it as well!

Hope to meet you somewhere down the road.

Frank   :rolleyes:

#8 hzmat54

hzmat54
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 02:27 PM

Thank ya'll for your insight. I plan on going next week to pick her up. Might take two days to get back. Lol just thinking a tree hour drive could take a lot longer. Have to stop you know. Lol.

#9 hzmat54

hzmat54
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 02:27 PM

Thank ya'll for your insight. I plan on going next week to pick her up. Might take two days to get back. Lol just thinking a three hour drive could take a lot longer. Have to stop you know. Lol.

#10 hzmat54

hzmat54
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 02:29 PM

hzmat54.......

clairmr1, Jerrybob, and Toddy's welcome and comments are spot on.  Your mention of your Grandson was a great idea.  I take each of my 2 grandsons  (ages 9 and 13) on an individual weekend jaunt each year.  They get a kick at the individual attention and adventure in being in the Casita for the weekend....and the "treat" (endless UNO games and a visit to an animal sanctuary or other attraction) that accompanies it........and you'd enjoy it as well!

Hope to meet you somewhere down the road.

Frank   :rolleyes:

#11 hzmat54

hzmat54
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 02:35 PM

Frank, thank you for the encouragement with the grandson.he is my youngest and now have 16 great grandkiddos to help teach the wonders of camping.

Hope to meet yall down the road
Hazel
  • Capterry50 and Smokymtgirl03 like this

#12 Capterry50

Capterry50
  • Casita Club Member
  • 4 posts
  • Casita Model/Size:Independence Deluxe 17'
  • Interests:Sailing Kayaking, Taking our Casita to where the open road takes us!

Posted 02 June 2019 - 03:14 AM

Hi Hazel, we are on our third Casita, must love um and now have a 2016 17’ Independence. Which model did you get? As you probably know by now there’s quite a following/love for the Casita, so get ready for lots of attention at the parks you stay in. We love ours and have been on many one month + trips around the country, in October we are going north east to Niagara falls, in to Canada and Maine, then meandering back to East Texas will be out for six weeks so. The Casita rallies are Great, meet lots of people who love these wonderful trailers! Sea ya on the road! Terry & Quita, started sailing, now it’s the road for us

#13 hzmat54

hzmat54
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 11:18 AM

Thank you all for the wonderful welcome. I purchased the 1986 16' self contained model. Sleeps 4. Will probably not use the upper bunk as such, but I have already fell in love with it. Now the big project is to get the beautiful shine back on it. Am using Zep wet look floor finish. Slow while watching a 19 month old great grandson, but I'll get there am planning a trip the end of June and want it to look good.
One question tho. It smells a little musty inside.whats best to get rid of the smell?

#14 Smokymtgirl03

Smokymtgirl03
  • Casita Club Member
  • 56 posts
  • Local time: 11:08 PM
  • Casita Model/Size:2000 Spirit Deluxe 17ft
  • Interests:Working on #2, a 1997 16 Ft Freedom Deluxe now that Annie is finished. Camping,Fly Fishing, Hiking, Paddling (Canoe and Kayak),Pretty much anything outside...
  • Trailer Name:Raggedy Annie and #2

Posted 06 June 2019 - 01:10 PM

Welcome to the family!  I am working on my 2nd "rescued" Casita.  The first one was a Hurricane Harvey victim.  Annie is a 2000 17 ft Freedom Deluxe turned into a Spirit Deluxe, and she is now a road worthy camper.  The current project is a 1998 16 ft Freedom Deluxe that has suffered had a lot of neglect and moisture damage.  I bought a small dehumidifier and keep it running to get the excess moisture out.  Both of the Casitas had a musty smell, so I rented a steam cleaner, and cleaned the carpet-being REALLY careful to not get it too wet.  I didn't want any problems with the carpet coming off the walls or ceiling.  I also have a lot of dryer sheets all over in both Casitas.  That helps the musty smell a lot.  Just opening it up when the weather is good will make quite a bit of difference.  See ya by the campfire!

#15 hzmat54

hzmat54
  • Topic Starter
  • Casita Club Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 02:20 PM

Thank you for the suggestions. I'm thinking he ha had it steam cleaned.not sure. But I will definately look Into getting a dehumidifier and the dryer sheets.
Happy camping.
Hazel